TM2456

106: B. Lowery

113: A. Garcia

120: C. Rooks

126: G. Rooks

132: B. Bailey

138: B. Black/Z. Melloh

145: B. Lee

152: J. Lee (I'm most excited for this weight. The "Can Joe Lee Be Conquered?" storyline is VERY intriguing with the three capable guys posing as worthy challengers in what could be Joe's final time in Bankers.)

160: B. Laughlin

170: T. Webster

182: N. Walton

195: T. Tonte (This weight class also excites me. Tristen Tonte looks to strike gold in his third shot to the finals, while Wilderman, Davison, and Stewart all vie for a chance to be the man opposite of him in the finals. Should it be Stewart, this puts the exclamation point on many things for Tonte.)

220: M. Parris

285: E. Ellis/W. Ripple (This weight intrigues me due to the abundance of quality wrestlers in it. The style has evolved in a major way with the big guys actually working to score points. Ellis has the most creds and is more than capable, but Ripple seems to have been lights out lately.)

106: B. Lowery

113: A. Garcia

120: C. Rooks

126: G. Rooks

132: B. Bailey

138: B. Black/Z. Melloh

145: B. Lee

152: J. Lee (I'm most excited for this weight. The "Can Joe Lee Be Conquered?" storyline is VERY intriguing with the three capable guys posing as worthy challengers in what could be Joe's final time in Bankers.)

160: B. Laughlin

170: T. Webster

182: N. Walton

195: T. Tonte (This weight class also excites me. Tristen Tonte looks to strike gold in his third shot to the finals, while Wilderman, Davison, and Stewart all vie for a chance to be the man opposite of him in the finals. Should it be Stewart, this puts the exclamation point on many things for Tonte.)

220: M. Parris

285: E. Ellis/W. Ripple (This weight intrigues me due to the abundance of quality wrestlers in it. The style has evolved in a major way with the big guys actually working to score points. Ellis has the most creds and is more than capable, but Ripple seems to have been lights out lately.)

J. Lee is a lock. 

106 - Curtis

113 - Asa

120 - Rooks

126 - DeLaPeña

132 - Reitz

138 - Black

145 - Lee

152 - Lee

160 - Laughlin

170 - Webster

182 - Walton

195 - Davison

220 - Parris

285 - Ellis

Usually, I have *some* kind of idea of who I think will win weight classes, but 120, 126, and 170 are ridiculous. I've never seen a year where there were so many weights that I have absolutely no idea. All weights have about 6-8 kids I would not be surprised at all if they won.

Still don't think Joe is a lock. He is fantastic and hands down the favorite but he's had off days, and there are a lot of dangerous wrestlers at 152.

Parris doesn't have off days. He and Brayton are my locks.

Edited by Caleb Spires

106- Curtis

113- it's really hard to go against Asa, I like the kids style

120- I wanna be a homer and say poynter, but this is a four man battle with him, mills, rooks, and triana. Hard to choose but I'll stick with my home run guy poynter.

126- de la Pena is just wrestling lights out lately. I think him and rooks in the finals

132- I'm gonna go with reitz, to bad what most of us think the finals match of him and bailey will be maybe in the semis. From what I've seen on the message board combest is also wrestling lights out lately. I think it'll be combest vs reitz in the finals

138- the top half of this bracket is brutal! I feel black walks to the finals, smiling like he normally does, but I think the winner comes from the top and I'll go with the athletic Rumph.

145- can Kasper unseat the mighty Brayton Lee in a possible quarters match?

152- Joe Lee. Although I don't think as easy as people think.

160- Lemley, I love this kids style of wrestling and mat awareness

170- hardest weight to pick. Can fattore not get gassed? It's wide open here but I'll go with Van Horn

182- another possible finals match happens in the semis and I'll go with Lucas Davison

195- I think Andrew Davison finally get through past troubles and wins this tough weight class

220- Parris. Nothing is easy in this sport but he rolls.

285- wade and Ellis on one side while I think McWilliams is waiting for the winner of those two. Streck is my dark horse here as well. McWilliams is my winner at the heavyweight. And all you people better stay and watch this finals! Lol

Edited by RaiderColfax

Personally I think people are over looking Schoenegge he has had a stellar year in my opinion I think a lot of people over looked him at the start of the season. I am not saying he is going to beat black in what I think will be the semi finals but I'm saying do not over look him.

Thats what some where saying a couple years ago befor Cash put him on his back.

Maybe that's why the title says "who YOU got". Nothing's final till it's final.

Pretty sure Brandon James was supposed to be the lock that year, seeing as he beat both Cash and Lee earlier in the season.

106- Curtis

113- it's really hard to go against Asa, I like the kids style

120- I wanna be a homer and say poynter, but this is a four man battle with him, mills, rooks, and triana. Hard to choose but I'll stick with my home run guy poynter.

126- de la Pena is just wrestling lights out lately. I think him and rooks in the finals

132- I'm gonna go with reitz, to bad what most of us think the finals match of him and bailey will be maybe in the semis. From what I've seen on the message board combest is also wrestling lights out lately. I think it'll be combest vs reitz in the finals

138- the top half of this bracket is brutal! I feel black walks to the finals, smiling like he normally does, but I think the winner comes from the top and I'll go with the athletic Rumph.

145- can Kasper unseat the mighty Brayton Lee in a possible quarters match?

152- Joe Lee. Although I don't think as easy as people think.

160- Lemley, I love this kids style of wrestling and mat awareness

170- hardest weight to pick. Can fattore not get gassed? It's wide open here but I'll go with Van Horn

182- another possible finals match happens in the semis and I'll go with Lucas Davison

195- I think Andrew Davison finally get through past troubles and wins this tough weight class

220- Parris. Nothing is easy in this sport but he rolls.

285- wade and Ellis on one side while I think McWilliams is waiting for the winner of those two. Streck is my dark horse here as well. McWilliams is my winner at the heavyweight. And all you people better stay and watch this finals! Lol

Obviously, you are are from the EC semi-state. A little bias in all of those picks

This is going to be one of the best state tournaments in years I think unlike past years I feel like the champ was pretty well known before the tournament. But this year other then 145 and 152 in my opinion anyone can win! I mean just look at some semi state results Gee came out of no where and beat 3 Studs!

106: Campbell vs Curtis i havent got to see Curtis wrestle this year but I can see from results and his performance this year there is a reason he is ranked 1st! But you can never count out brownsburgs Campbell kid gives everything he has every match wither it be a good kid or a average kid he wrestles hard every match. I just don't see Campbell taking out Black, Johnson and Curtis in the same day. Curtis takes it 6-4.

Friday night match to watch: Brayden Lowery vs JC Herring two amazing kids competing for a medal.

113: Man Garcia and Viduya on the same side imo that's the finals match. The top bracket is wide open Horty wrestled lights out until he hit Garcia but I just don't think he beats Watts I was fortune enough to get to watch him at team state and man he is tough. Dispite turners loses this year he showed up last year but I think watts gets the best of him. Watts vs Garcia in the finals, Garcia wins 12-2.

Friday night match to watch: Alec Viduya vs Kane Egli, Egli may have 9 loses but he goes to mater dei and his last name is Egli.

120: Mosconi, Mills and Triana on the same side omg! All have wrestled amazing this year and triana has a win over Rooks. I knew mosconi was good but I didn't realize how good until I seen him this past weekend! I think he beats Triana in the quarters but mills wins that side to see Rooks again. I think Rooks wins again in another close one 5-4.

Friday night match to watch: Poynter vs Wright stands out to me two great kids competing for a 6th place medal.

126: there is just to much to say on this one I could write a book. I'll make it short. Rooks vs Cummings and Mulkey vs DeLaPena is how I have it. I think Rooks vs Mulkey again in the finals and I'm going with Rooks again I said it at the beginning of the year both Rooks bothers win titles this year!

Friday night match to watch: Alec white vs Colton Cummings man oh man everyone will be watching this one.

132: first off reitz and bailey should be the finals imo. Man I thought luigs was a legit contender after watching him at mater dei but after this weekend not anymore (though you can't count mater dei out) I think the top bracket is opens no clear favorites Combest has been wrestling out of his mind since team state. I may be biest because Combest threw his headgear on me after he won regionals. I think it's Combest vs bailey in the finals but bailey finals gets his title and wins 9-3.

Friday night match to watch: Kyle Luigs vs Conner Gimson tough draw a top 6 kid in my opinion goes home without a medal.

138: This one is gonna be a dog fight. 4 possible champions. Based on rumphs health being unclear I think Sellmer get him. In the bottom bracket I think black in the favorite forsure but DONT look past Schoenegge! He is only a sophomore but he can wrestle and he is hard to score on. I think it's Sellmer vs Black in the finals. This one is going to be high scoring I think Black takes its 11-10.

Friday night match to watch: Ryan Surguy vs Jake Schoenegge another terrible draw.

145: Lee and McIntosh in the quarters OUCH! Bottom bracket it wide open anyone can get to the finals! But I think crary gets out ill take Lee over Crary 16-5.

Friday night match to watch: I think there are two here Kasper McIntosh vs Joel Arney two extremely talented juniors I think Arneys 3rd best at this weight. Also Kain Rust vs Logan Coyle two top 8 kids going at it for a medal.

152: I can honestly say this weight has me stumped. I can't decide Warren or bethel for a shot at Kerrn! For a shot at Lee! I'm not counting Hatch out in the semis but come on it's Joe Lee! This bottom bracket has my head spinning but warren has just really impressed me he never stops moving always looks to score. But bethel is Austin bethel and he can beat anyone at anytime. I'm going with warren over bethel and warren also over Kerrn. Lee vs Warren in the finals and Lee wins 16-7.

Friday night match to watch: Jacob Clark vs Kassius Breathitt two top 8 kids!

160: I think Laughlin is the clear favorite but he has shown that he can be beat. Alston bane has showed that he is a legitimate title contender and I think the wrestling gods for not having these two on the same side! I don't think you can count out Mappes against Laughlin though his last name is mappes after all and he has impressed me every year and put on a nice performance last year at state. At the end of the day I think it's Laughlin vs Bane. Laughlin wins 7-4.

Friday night match to watch: Jed Levitz vs Ethan Stock the stocks have flown under the radar all year but they definitely showed up this state series and have looked phenomenal.

170: This is anyone's game. I honestly don't think there's anyone you can count out in this weight. Iv had to really think about this one. Van horn vs Webster in the quarters! I thought Van horn was gonna be the clear favorite at sectionals but oh no Eli stock has made everyone's head turn! This top bracket is just brutal!! I really don't know who to pick! Fattore has a win over Baumgartner but I think it's baumgartner vs Webster in the semis and swank vs stock in the semis on the bottom side. At the end of the day it's Stock vs Webster. It will be a close 1 point match, 7-6 stock.

Friday night match to watch: Jordan Radar vs Jake Ruburg

182: Earlier in the year I heard a lot of people saying Walton is a lock I think not though he hasn't been beating in indiana this year neither has Junior Lucas Davidson. This one should be the finals I think. Gary vs Dull and Walton vs Davidson in the semis. Finals I have Walton vs Gray it was a one point match last time I think it will be again. Walton over Gray 5-4

Friday night match to watch: Jake Moore vs Jeremy Torres this ones just a little personal because I'm a fan of Moore. Both have 5 loses between them and have put on nice performances this state series.

195: Tonte and Davidson on opposite sides THANK YOU WRESTLING GODS! This is the match I have been waiting on and arguing with my mother about all year. My mother has been a huge tonte fan ever since he beat my brother at folkstyle state 3 years ago. And I have had to hear for the past 3 years that oh he's gonna win this year and so far I'm 2-0 on my picks. But is this his year? I watched him throw micheal boots 3 times in about a minute at team state and man did that make me think this is his year. But there are so many title contenders here. Shaffer put on a show at SS this past weekend. Can he beat Tonte? I think it's Davidson vs Tonte in the finals, and I'm taking Davidson in a tight one 9-7. Man I hope this match happens!

Friday night match to watch: Kurtis wilderman vs Ben Stewart! OUCH! My number 4 and 5 going at it. Two seniors one ends there career without a medal the other gets a shot at Davidson To wrestle under the lights.

220: Man what a shame Larson and Parris on the same side. This one should be in the finals forsure! How about Corbin Maddox last weekend 82 points in 4 matches thats absolutely crazy for any weight let alone 220 pounders! He's my pick to get a shot at Parris in the finals but at the end of the day it's the Mason Parris show and he will pin the field.

Friday night match to watch: Two big ones stick out to me Garrison Lee vs Jacob McClaine both of these guys fell short in the ticket round last year can Lee end his caareer with a medal or will McClaine end that dream? Clayton Scroggs vs Mason Parris WOW. Clayton has had a amazing career, but his performance this past state series has looked a little shaky. Yes he has had quality opponents but at the start of sectionals he was in my opinion the 3rd best in the state. Can he pull of the upset of the century?

285: This one is a toss up i count 4 title contenders with 3 on the same side. Last year samuels was in the finals and did the only thing no one else could do take Shawn streck down. But giving up 70 pounds to almost every guy in this bracket can he make it back under the lights? Ripple put on quite a show this weekend but I don't think he gets past samuels. Evan Ellis and Robert samuels in the semis on the top side. I think McWilliams walks threw the bottom side but we wrestle for a reason. If Lawson gets past a tough Clark can he beat McWilliams for a shot under the lights? Finals I have Evan Ellis vs Isaiah McWillians I think Ellis ends his career with a 3-2 victory and a state title.

Friday night match to watch: two huge matches,Rickie Clark vs Jesse Lawson can slick rick get a medal? Also Dylan Cain vs Jacob Rhoades, Cain did what I thought he couldn't do and that was not only beat Bryce biddle but pinned him.

I think Parris will be the MVP of the tournament. Can't wait for this Friday!!

Edited by RichardMowery

106- Braden Curtis over Drake Campbell

113- Asia Garcia over Hunter Watts

120- Tylor Triana over Caden Rooks

126- Michael DeLaPena over Graham Rooks

132- Jeremiah Reitz over Dawson Combset

138- Brendan Black over Zach Melloh

145- Brayton Lee over Jason Crary

152- Joe Lee over Kenny Kern

160- Brad Lauhlin over Diego Lemley

170- Elijah Stock over Zack Fattore

182- Lucas Davison over Thomas Dull

195- Andrew Davison over Tristan Tonte

220- Mason Paris over Eli Pokorney

285- Isaiah McWilliams over Wade Ripple

Edited by MOWrestler

106 - B. Curtis - Yorktown  (FW)

113 - A. Garcia - Avon  (EV)

120 - C. Mejia - Elkhart Memorial  (FW)

126 - C. Cummings - Lowell  (ECC)

132 - B. Bailey - Cathedral  (NC)

138 - B. Black - Hobart  (ECC)

145 - B. Lee - Brownsburg  (EV)

152 - J. Lee - Evansville Mater Dei  (EV)

160 - B. Laughlin - Yorktown  (FW)

170 - J. Swank - Penn  (ECC)

182 - N. Walton - Brownsburg  (EV)

195 - A. Davison - Chesterton  (ECC)

220 - M. Parris - Lawrenceburg  (EV)

285 - E. Ellis - Eastern (Greentown)  (FW)

Edited by Coach Swinson

Topic is "who you got" right, no one famous?

Sure...I see who you got. I just don't see all of the East Chicago kids winning. Anything can happen, and I have seen that SS dominating the championship matches. I just don't see it being very realistic this year.

Of course, I could be wrong. And I will be the first to give them all the credit on Sunday morning if it goes like you think.

106 - B. Curtis - Yorktown (FW)

113 - A. Garcia - Avon (EV)

120 - C. Mejia - Elkhart Memorial (FW)

126 - G. Rooks - Columbus East (NC)

132 - B. Bailey - Cathedral (NC)

138 - K. Rumph - Portage (EC)

145 - B. Lee - Brownsburg (EV)

152 - J. Lee - Evansville Mater Dei (EV)

160 - B. Laughlin - Yorktown (FW)

170 - J. Swank - Penn (EC)

182 - N. Walton - Brownsburg (EV)

195 - A. Davison - Chesterton (EC)

220 - M. Parris - Lawrenceburg (EV)

285 - E. Ellis - Eastern (Greentown) (FW)

Rooks comes out of Evansville and Parris cord out of New Castle Edited by LionsFan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.