SS Wrestler of the day

grappleapple

i dont know one person from Franklin i dont think. But I do know many who valued the win over Laughlin substantially.  why all the assumptions?

When you're #1 and beat the #1 guy at the weight below it is a nice win, but it isn't out of the ordinary. Most of the time the match-up will favor the guy in the higher weight class.

Maybe the constant "reminders" on various social media platforms every time a Stock kid gets a win of any nature wear on people these days. It appears from all the posts that they are the most disrespected kids in the state and IndianaMat should owe them an apology of the greatest proportions.

Cayden down 2-0 in the 3rd , had a reversal I think for +2 . Then cut Mills with about 30 seconds to go . Then a Takedown with seconds to go .

Graham was the same way down late with seconds to go then Takedown.

Both very good matches , so much going on at the time it was hard to focus on one match . Hats off to all 4 wrestlers. Worth the admission at the Ford Center !

Yes! That's what it was with Cayden.  It totally shocked me he cut him, I thought maybe the score was wrong.  Someone beside me said, "He's gassed. He broke him. He knows he can take him down."  Great match from both guys.  Yet another reason to love this sport.

Evansville had a lot of great performances, my top ones would be

1. Logan boe of Danville...4 seed over a 1 seed who was/is a ranked returning State qualifier. Followed by a pin in the ticket round and then a close match (3-1) with a tough avon kid...followed by another win for 3rd.

To put it all in perspective one kid from Danville scored more points than the entire Castle team who brought 13 kids.

2. Columbus east as a team...semi-final round was crazy...they just couldn't lose I was almost worried for B. Lee at 145 lol

3. Monrovia 170lb Stock beating Vanhorn in the finals for the 2nd time

**Honorable mention** goes to New Washington's Noah Franklin (just cuz it's my list)

--Newcastle--

1. Perry Meridians B. Lowery at 106...what a day talk about beating some ranked kids..and beating some kids that had beat you.

Noah Franklin... Holy crap... That match with Luigs was out of this world crazy. Between that match and whatever was going on next to it my mind was blown.

I just keep coming down to Columbus East.  Combest vs Luigs was yet another incredible match of that stretch of time. 

Edited by GrecoISU

When you're #1 and beat the #1 guy at the weight below it is a nice win, but it isn't out of the ordinary. Most of the time the match-up will favor the guy in the higher weight class.

Maybe the constant "reminders" on various social media platforms every time a Stock kid gets a win of any nature wear on people these days. It appears from all the posts that they are the most disrespected kids in the state and IndianaMat should owe them an apology of the greatest proportions.

I understand very well what the match up meant and the outcome meant. doesnt mean that everyone else does. My statement was what others have verbally stated and posted.  Simple as that.  You came in and took the conversation a completely different direction.  I may have said in one thread that i was disappointed he wasnt ranked and in one tweet.  If you choose to make those two things sound as if its me constantly riding indianamat for anything, then your preception isnt reality.  My opening words were even in wow of the Brooks.  Your rankings dont earn anyone a thing, it aint that deep to me bub

Edited by dangood1

Evansville had a lot of great performances, my top ones would be

1. Logan boe of Danville...4 seed over a 1 seed who was/is a ranked returning State qualifier. Followed by a pin in the ticket round and then a close match (3-1) with a tough avon kid...followed by another win for 3rd.

To put it all in perspective one kid from Danville scored more points than the entire Castle team who brought 13 kids.

2. Columbus east as a team...semi-final round was crazy...they just couldn't lose I was almost worried for B. Lee at 145 lol

3. Monrovia 170lb Stock beating Vanhorn in the finals for the 2nd time

**Honorable mention** goes to New Washington's Noah Franklin (just cuz it's my list)

--Newcastle--

1. Perry Meridians B. Lowery at 106...what a day talk about beating some ranked kids..and beating some kids that had beat you.

Logan Boe had 9 losses and to the naked eye that's misleading...at least 6 of them came from Rioux and Campbell..not to.mention sego and Johnson...Im happy for him, he's battle tested and got a good chance at winning on Friday night.. Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Brooks bros had a great day. But im also gonna throw Stock in for my vote. To beat a guy twice in three weeks who many called all year "unbeatable", on top of that he beat Micha Keller in rd 1 and then come back from 5-0 to beat Fuller was as good of a all around day as I saw.

Burk is really tough. I'm not sure anyone is unbeatable. But both stock brothers have wrestled great all year. The last couple of weeks they have proved that they were severely under ranked by me. Hopefully they stay hot and can get under the lights Saturday. Many people will call this a upset based on a low ranking but they are proving that is where they belong good luck and keep grinding.

At New Castle I'd give this title to Mason Parris. He made very good wrestlers look completely outclassed. He did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Takedown, cut - takedown pin. It was that easy for him. He's just on another level.

My second place vote would have to go to Shenandoah's Josh Gee. Gee didn't win the final match, but for an unranked kid that's never been to state to knock out the No. 3 and the No. 4 ranked guys in his weight class, in order - was impressive.

This was my first time seeing Alec Viduya as well. That kid is a beast.

I believe Gee could do alot of damage next weekend..

Burk is really tough. I'm not sure anyone is unbeatable. But both stock brothers have wrestled great all year. The last couple of weeks they have proved that they were severely under ranked by me. Hopefully they stay hot and can get under the lights Saturday. Many people will call this a upset based on a low ranking but they are proving that is where they belong good luck and keep grinding.

thank you for that. I am not a family member, just their off season coact. I think some believe just because I tag a handle on twitter or IG means 'Im trying to rub in or something'  that is not the case by a long shot. Im doing all I can to get them noticed by several schools and others.  IndianaMat has a big following, so why wouldn't we us that tag to get posts about them out to others who normally wouldn't see?  Many times, people click on handles to see ALL posts and tweets associated with the handle. It really is that simple.  Any other "back and forths" have not involved me.  I didn't think that was called for.  Your statement couldn't be any truer. If they wrestled 10 times it'd probably go 5-5. They are just that close.  Enjoy the weekend sir. 

thank you for that. I am not a family member, just their off season coact. I think some believe just because I tag a handle on twitter or IG means 'Im trying to rub in or something' that is not the case by a long shot. Im doing all I can to get them noticed by several schools and others. IndianaMat has a big following, so why wouldn't we us that tag to get posts about them out to others who normally wouldn't see? Many times, people click on handles to see ALL posts and tweets associated with the handle. It really is that simple. Any other "back and forths" have not involved me. I didn't think that was called for. Your statement couldn't be any truer. If they wrestled 10 times it'd probably go 5-5. They are just that close. Enjoy the weekend sir.

You've done a great job with the Stocks..I've seen them both a few times this year and they are game as anybody...What also impressed me beside the van horn win was How @160 Stock dominated Carson Brewer (who beat mazzero @170 as well) ...I've seen Brewer all year and had him placing top 8...beating Brewer is a feather in any one cap let alone a major..I'll be rooting am the Mooresville regional Lord knows @170 they all had to grind through to state and it will show come state, that the 4 killers are ready for the big stage.

SO whoever Drew Nick's Son Ciccerelli, be ready for a STRONG wrestler that has lost and won VERY close matches vs the best in the state...Tony C is very hard to score on...He beat my nephew twice this year in some physical matches and it made him tougher going forward for his Jr and Sr years...Plus he's going to JROB 28 day camp and wrestling fresh sophomore state to stay active...Trizton competing vs Webster,and Horn and Ciccerelli helped get him ahead of the curve for being a sophmore@170..he outscored his opponents 42-2 in 3 matches that were 4 minute matches at The qualifier this past Sunday..hopefully Allred,Brady Pease and minnick get some mat time at fresh-sophomore state and we get a good semi of 4 of the future big guys that will Imho be placers and possible Champs in the coming years.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

At FW I'd say Corbin Maddox at 220. Put up ridiculous numbers Averaging over 20 points a match on the day and majored a SQ in the ticket round. His high crotch shot is elite and he's undefeated watch out for him!

Honorable Mention to -Mason Winner 145 (Freshman knocked off 2 top 5 ranked opponents)

- Tanner Schoeff 113 is unranked and knocked off Wyatt Miller then made it to the finals and lost 4-0 to a tough Hunter Watts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.