Cummings /white death draw

Jayruss

This is a terrible draw for both wrestlers.  White has had a few close matches recently including an OT one in semi state.  I'll take Cummings by 1.

The other terrible draw is Scroggs Qualifier and 5th place finisher vs Mason Parris the defending state champion!  

This is a terrible draw for both wrestlers. White has had a few close matches recently including an OT one in semi state. I'll take Cummings by 1.

The other terrible draw is Scroggs Qualifier and 5th place finisher vs Mason Parris the defending state champion!

It is what makes Friday night a GREAT atmosphere for wrestling. ALWAYS upsets and ALWAYS some of the best wrestling you will see.

White was profusely bleeding from his head on Saturday which is why he had that overtime match and I believe he would have beaten Slivka in the finals if it hadn't been for the injury. This is really the worst draw I think I've ever seen considering they are both seniors and they are both D1 level guys.

White was profusely bleeding from his head on Saturday which is why he had that overtime match and I believe he would have beaten Slivka in the finals if it hadn't been for the injury. This is really the worst draw I think I've ever seen considering they are both seniors and they are both D1 level guys.

Don't think White, injury or not, would have beat Slivka.. Jordan was on fire!!!!!! If White decides to wrestle with a bandage on his head, then you cant make excuses.  Jordan by far was the better wrestler.

Don't think White, injury or not, would have beat Slivka.. Jordan was on fire!!!!!! If White decides to wrestle with a bandage on his head, then you cant make excuses.  Jordan by far was the better wrestler.

That 360 takedown was insane...Slivka beat him handily..I will say though White was tampering with his bandages leading me to believe be wasn't 100% focused..that would hinder your concentration I bet...

This is certainly one of the best match ups Friday night.

We've read that White had an injury that may or may not have played a role in his SS performance, but what is the story with Cummings? A 2-time State Champ taking 3rd at SS.

This is certainly one of the best match ups Friday night.

We've read that White had an injury that may or may not have played a role in his SS performance, but what is the story with Cummings? A 2-time State Champ taking 3rd at SS.

It happens.  You get a tough semi-final matchup and take a loss.  The Evansville Semi-State had several #1 State Ranked vs #2 in the semifinals.

I'm just saying that the injury (and possibly an undiagnosed concussion) definitely hindered his performance. Obviously White can beat Slivka as we've seen in the past and you may be right that Slivka would have won either way but I think we can all agree that the White vs Cummings match will send home one kid who should be a high placer.

I understand it happens to the best of them. I am simply about as far south as it gets in Indiana & just wondering what the story behind his 3rd place finish. If that story is just a tough loss against a formidable opponent then this is what I want to know.

I understand it happens to the best of them. I am simply about as far south as it gets in Indiana & just wondering what the story behind his 3rd place finish. If that story is just a tough loss against a formidable opponent then this is what I want to know.

DLP is peaking at the right time.  He is on the top of his game and looked great in the Semi's.  Cummings would have been 2nd with a different bracket draw...

I'm gonna have to agree with the "Lord of the Dance" Cosgrove on this one. Cummings has the pelts on the wall and knowledge from being there. Hard to bet against this kid after all he has overcome this season.

Ok, I'll take a shot at this.  SIACFan has asked twice and others have answered with non-answers.  Is it okay to talk publicly about what Cummings has had to overcome this year?  I know he jumped 2 weight classes, but you seem to indicate there is more.  I think people would be interested in learning what you are referring to, if it is not too personal of an issue.

Thanks

It's not my place and would be irresponsible for me to put anything on here without permission. After all we are talking about kids. With that said I have a tremendous amount of respect for this young man. Both on and off the mat. Looking forward to this weekend as I hope you all are.

Just a suggestion...  Don't reference it if you don't want people asking about it or if it is not appropriate to give more info.

Cummings is one awesome young man. I will tell you a story in my first encounter with him. My son decided he wanted to wrestle and after not winning a spot in 7th grade and wreslting part time during the season. One of his friends who was really good told him to come out to RWA and train after the season. My son was out of shape (just like me ) and we didn't push him into anything unless he asked. He hadn't asked till he was 12. I sign him up for RWA and he is having a really hard time - one day about a month after we were going a young man comes over to my son and works with him and talks to him. Tells him don't give up and you can improve and encourages him all practice. That young man was Colton - I didn't know him or his family and his dad also encouraged my son that night. My son stuck with it that summer and went back and won a spot as an 8th grader. This year as a sophomore he went to regionals out of a tough sectional - he wrestled 120 for 3 years if that tells you how out of shape he was. This year he jumped up with growth. Without Cummings and young men like him my son might have given up. It's that type of character this sport builds and win or lose this weekend that kid is one awesome young man

I always hate hearing things like this. Pugsley wrestled a great match, and almost pulled off the upset. Yes, White was bleeding - but to say that is the reason he had an overtime match is something that can't be proven. It may have been a factor, and it may not have been. You can't discredit a kid who nearly pulled off the upset though by using hypotheticals that can't be proven.

Hypothetical or not, in my opinion from watching White wrestle this weekend, he seemed off.  He was nearly beaten by Harrington from North Central (it went to OT) and I remember commenting that he seemed off his usual game. My opinion didn't change with his remaining matches. That is not taking anything away from his opponents -- for all I know they may have also been off their game, or maybe they have all upped their game and White has not. But my gut feel was that White was either ill or injured

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.