My State Thoughts

SWINfan

Jessop is definitely strong and has legs like tree trunks, however I was disappointed with his lack of offense.  He barely won his semi final match and just would not shoot.  I would like to see him be more aggressive.  I think if he opens up he could be dangerous, but if he sits back and plays defense like he did in semi-state he will be in trouble.  

Same goes for Dull...He has so much more offense than he displayed at semi state.  

I believe he means since that match since that was Lees last match his freshman year. 

Bingo!

Are you forgetting his loss at SS his freshman year? Some kid named Bethel.

I will say that I didn't mention Austin in the 152 thoughts and that was probably an oversight.  Bethel has lost 4 matches this year, all to Joe Lee.  I know he beat Joe once, but I don't think it will happen again unless Joe gets sloppy.  But he certainly can challenge Warren and Kerrn for that side of the bracket.  

Bingo!

I will say that I didn't mention Austin in the 152 thoughts and that was probably an oversight.  Bethel has lost 4 matches this year, all to Joe Lee.  I know he beat Joe once, but I don't think it will happen again unless Joe gets sloppy.  But he certainly can challenge Warren and Kerrn for that side of the bracket.  

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Bethel loss at SS his last match of his freshman year? Was team state wrestled after the state tourney that year?

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Bethel loss at SS his last match of his freshman year? Was team state wrestled after the state tourney that year?

You're not wrong.  Hence my comment that McIntosh gave him his closest match SINCE his freshman year.  No team state after.

You're not wrong.  Hence my comment that McIntosh gave him his closest match SINCE his freshman year.  No team state after.

OK, I was just still confused. I thought your original statement was that it was at team state his freshman year.

OK, I was just still confused. I thought your original statement was that it was at team state his freshman year.

There you go thinking again!   I'd recommend not doing that.  It always gets me in trouble so I quit long ago.   ;)

I am confused.  Did Mcintosh give Joe Lee his closest match, or Brayton Lee?  That comment was made in the 145 preview.  How did we get to Bethel?

Brayton Lee.  I think it was 5-3 earlier this year.  Joe Lee pinned McIntosh in the state finals last year.  We got to Bethel because he pinned B Lee at semi-state 2 years ago.

Edited by MD92

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.