Twitter has draw posted

Indysportsfan

A few Friday night matches that stick out to me...

106 - Brayden Curtis v. Brendan Mattingly

106 - Brayden Shearer -v. Seth Johnson

113 - Gavin Rose v. Seth Horty

120 - Sunny Nier v. Alex Mosconi

120 - Ty Mills v. Carter Noehre

126 - Matt Gimson v. Matt Lee

126 - Colton Cummings v. Alec White

132 - Manzona Bryant v. Cainan Schaefer

145 - Kain Rust v. Logan Coyle

195 - Kurtis Wilderman v. Ben Stewart

Still Looking....

Edited by SWINfan

More things jumping out.....

106 is a hot mess...  in a good way.  Lots of potential and who knows how that all shakes out.  Curtis should be the favorite, but his draw looks like he'll have to earn it.  Then again, everyone who wins state earns it.....

113 seems more balanced to this amateur's eyes, but the potential for a rematch of last year's Semifinal in the Quarterfinals this year is intriguing.  That's Asa Garcia v. Kory Cavanaugh so you don't have to look it up.  

120 is also crazy good.  Nier v. Mosconi, Mills v. Noehre, Poynter v. Wright all on Friday night!  Potential Quarterfinal matchups: Freije v. Poynter/Wright, Mejia v. Mills/Noehre and Triana v. Mosconi/Nier.  Good stuff!

126 - The battle of the Matt's (Gimson & Lee) is interesting to me, but the winner gets rewarded with either Cummings or Alec White is far from a picnic.  Tough draw for the 1st Placer from Jimtown.  Jordan Slivka v. Blake Mulkey in the Quarterfinals feels like a Semi or Final match to me.

132 - The draw gods must have liked pairing the Gimson's against Mater Dei as Conner gets MD's Kyle Luigs in round 1.  The winner is awarded with a shot at former champ Jeremiah Reitz.  While Dawson Combest has looked the part of Champion, I'm disappointed at the potential of Reitz and Breyden Bailey in the Semifinals rather than under the lights.  Granted both have to get there first.

138 - The top half of the bracket looks daunting as a Quarterfinal rematch looms with Tristan Sellmer v. Kris Rumph.  Their previous match was won by Rumph 2-2 UTB.  The winner likely gets Zach Melloh, 36-1.  Melloh's only loss was to Sellmer 6-4 TB-1.  

145 - #1 v. #2 in the Quarterfinals?  Not Fair!  An unexpected loss at Semi-State lands Kasper McIntosh square in the sights of prohibitive favorite Brayton Lee.  McIntosh gave Lee his closest match (5-3) in Indiana since his freshman year at Team State.  Can Kasper pull the upset this time?

152 - Can 2 of the trio of Kyle Hatch, Kenny Kerrn and Noah Warren break through against defending champ and favorite Joe Lee?  Will this be Joe Lee's final appearance at Banker's Life?  Lee v. Hatch in the Semifinals should be fun!

160 - Every time something seems easy, it turns out not to be.  But to me, this one is easy.  Gleason Mappes will square off against Brad Laughlin for the chance to face Alston Bane under the lights.  Beyond that I see a lot of close, competitive matches here.

170 - Deep is the word that comes to mind.  The Mooresville Regional is representative of this whole bracket.  All four waltzed through Semi-State and all have had close matches against each other.  I see more of the same with the rest of the bracket.  Toss the names into a blender and see what shakes out.  Webster v. VanHorn in the Quarterfinal?  The winner facing Baumgartner?  If they get there....    Good stuff here.

182 - The upper weights are not my strong suit, but this one looks like a Final of Nathan Walton v. Lucas Davison.   No, wait, that's the Semifinal match!   Jacob Gray or Thomas Dull look to be waiting to face the survivor of that colossal match.

195 - Kurtis Wilderman v. Ben Stewart in Round 1?  That's 6th and 3rd Placers (or #5 v. #2 in the rankings if you prefer to slice it that way) from last year facing off on Friday night.  Ouch!   Definitely some interesting possibilities.  Tonte v. Shaffer (who was very impressive at Eville SS) in one Semifinal.  The Wilderman - Stewart gets David Eli and then Andrew Davison sits waiting in the wings.  Davison is the favorite here in my mind, but it won't be an easy road.

220 - Mason Parris with everyone else fighting for 2nd.  No disrespect, but Parris is just on another level.

285 - In theory we should see Evan Ellis v. Isaiah McWilliams under the lights.  But Wade Ripple, Robert Samuels, Elijah Bailey and others don't plan to go along with that script. 

Great breakdown! Question for someone in the know, how'd the first match between Lee and McIntosh go scoring wise? I have a hard time believing McIntosh scored any offensive points against Lee. My personal opinion is should that match happen, Lee wins by 5+ points at the very least.

Oh and at 145 I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Crary in the final, wrestled well the last few weeks.

Edited by sportsfangms

220 Scroggs was a Q as as soph and got 5th as a junior. He comes from a stacked semi state at 220 and gets 4th.

He draws mason parris first round. Sucks for him. He is a top 6 kid

Not this year he isn't. Unless you're saying that Mooresville's 220 lb Regional class has 4 of the top 6 kids in the state competing in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.