East Chicago semi state thoughts?

ontherise219

Year 2 was better then year one. I think a huge shout out goes out to the Maldonado's for running a smooth tournament. I know last year there were some concession stand complaints and it sounds like they stepped their game up this year. I think it will continue getting better each year. Congrats guys

Mike, while it doesn't have the same intimate feeling as the finals did at Merrillville, I'll agree the folks at EC did a nice job. The sound system was atrocious, besides barely making out the wrestler's names in the finals, nothing else was audible. Schools obviously have more important things to pay for, so I don't see that problem being fixed anytime soon. On the flip side, Merrillville had a great sound system, but I always wished they didn't because that guy in the finals was awful to hear. Side note, it was great from a time situation to have 4 mats through the semis, my neck just hurts from trying to watch so many great matches going on at once! BTW, Delapena was a monster yesterday, totally dominated a returning state champ, the kid is peaking at the right time.

Well done!  No matter what the venue, the wrestling is great.  I'll take a poor sound system any day to the "intimate" feel of the Merrillville gym (since intimate usually meant sitting crammed together like sardines).  It was so nice to be able to get up and come back to find my seat was still available.  Parking situation was great and everyone was very friendly.  Thanks for all the effort to make this tournament run smoothly!

i don't think the two venues are very comparable from parking and access to public areas and seating for the fans to the overall facility for the wresters and coaches. I think the biggest issue yesterday at EC was the fact that the IHSAA provided only 2 coaches passes per team. that wouldn't seem to be very well thought out. but in my opinion i'd give EC a solid 8+ on a 10 point scale and mville a 3 on the same scale. just my opinion

Edited by MCKAJC

Tacos were delicious! ;) really enjoyed the four mats through semis

Would of been nice for a spotlight crossover.

My only two downfalls were that the bathrooms were disgusting and the audio system was atrocious

Really loved the room. Very spacious, enough room for everyone to spread out.

Awesome idea having short buses for shuttles for the elderly to and from their cars.

All in all. I'd pick EC over old venue. Moving forward into the future I'm sure they fix all the kinks

It was fine day of wraslin. The Maldonado crew did a Mitty fine job. A couple of observations.

The Chesterton team are some of da best kids technique wise. Great set-ups and positioning. The big Davison has done a great job. I really think that both boys can win it all. Very impressed. Looks like dare peaking at da right time.

Rump -Black - did not expect dat one. However everyone has a bad day -

Reitz - he is very solid - bringing home da bacon dis week

Cumming and MLDP - will be next under da lights - gonna be interesting

Cray from Munster beating Macintosh - kinda saw dat coming - Leroy and Keith got dare work cut out - open up set up take a shot / kinda reminds me of tshirts on his feet - got to make a statement

120 - Triana and Pointer should be in the mix. I can see either of them winning - day have da ability to beat anyone on da right day.

Gonna be a great weekend - I can see 6 for da region

Got me a penthouse sweet lined up at da motel 6. Da rat spares no expense watching da worlds greatest sport. Brining a couple of my wraslin afesinado wit me. We will be doing some celebrating Saturday night. Need to get some info on some good places - you know wit a little adult entertainment. Some some of you locals can make some recommendations.

One otter note make sure boys get da misses a valentines present. I'm thinking of taking da misses to Whiting to da White Castle on 119th st. Nottin more romantic dan sharing a few sliders and onion rings wit your women. You young guys take notes dis has helped me stay married for 39 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.