Rumph?

sportsfangms

Taking nothing away from Black, who wrestled out of his mind today, but was Rumph ill today? I've seen him wrestle 10 or so times and he didn't look like himself today. He struggled through his ticket round match with the Penn kid and then looked like a shell of himself against Black. Not looking for anyone to make excuses for him, he just didn't look right. Congratulations to Black, looked great today and made a big statement in that win. Sometimes a loss is a good thing to get you refocused, especially when it's prior to the 4th weekend of the post season.

Ok, in the 8-4 win how many TD's did Manspeaker have? Today he had one that I clearly recall and perhaps a second and was in on several others that he didn't finish. Saying both were 4 point decisions doesn't tell the whole story. Black took him down more today than he had in the previous matches combined, he just looked off.

I can't attest for Rumphs performance today nor do I have any inside info. But I did witness Black eat an entire Nacho (extra cheese) from the concession stand prior to the match. Only conclusion I can come up with is those are some damn good nachos that the fine folks at E.C.C are whipping up!

Taking nothing away from Black, who wrestled out of his mind today, but was Rumph ill today? I've seen him wrestle 10 or so times and he didn't look like himself today. He struggled through his ticket round match with the Penn kid and then looked like a shell of himself against Black. Not looking for anyone to make excuses for him, he just didn't look right. Congratulations to Black, looked great today and made a big statement in that win. Sometimes a loss is a good thing to get you refocused, especially when it's prior to the 4th weekend of the post season.

I only saw the match vs black, but I agree he didn't look like himself. I don't know what the circumstances were but it wasn't the same match we saw the past 2 weeks (or 2 years for that matter). I'm a Hobart guy so I hope this is foreshadowing if next week and Black runs through everyone like he did today. I think you'll see a much more game Rumph Friday and Saturday

Rumph had the flu, he just didn't feel it. Black put on a show. I'm sure we will be seeing these two under the lights next Saturday.

I think someone by the name of Tristan Sellmer is gonna ruin this rivalry. Very dominant. If he loses it will be by Single point and only by a very few people if so. But he is my pick for the title.

Sorry but he barely got by Conley, I won't be picking him

5th ranked Conley? And I believe it's his 3rd or 4th time beating him over the past year. He also beat melloh and lost by a point to Rumph in a very good Match. He has beat schoenegee like 4 times also. Schoenegee could be In the finals if he wrestles his best. He is tough also. Sellmer may not light up the score board against studs but he controls the match. I haven't seen him in any trouble in any match against Schoenegee or Conley. I really believe he will win it all as long as black doesn't get on top of him lol. Should be very exciting tho.

I've always been skeptical of Sellmer due to some hype around him his freshman year when people were saying he was going to state and he got beat by Paul Konrath 12-2 (this is when Konrath took 4th at regionals and Sellmer got 1st). His sophomore year he was projected to go to state again and was beat by Nathan Conley by 1 point.  Conley got beat Friday night and Konrath finished 3rd. Sellmer and Conley have traded wins a few times. I've thought Sellmer was a bit overrated.....but I was wrong. It seems he almost wrestles to his competition..  He has great potential and shows signs of greatness but also wrestles below his skill level.  

Lets take a look at the top 8 state ranked 138lbers

1. Black-Semi state champ- two time placer- favorite to win a title

2. Melloh- Got 4th last year and just won semi state.  Sellmer beat him this year

3. Rumph- got 4th last year and just got 2nd in semi state. Has traded wins with Black.  Sellmer lost to him in OT

4. Sellmer

5. Conley- Sellmer has beat Conley several times 

6. White- Finished 41-3 and lost to Surguy in the ticket round

7. Manspeaker- Finished 27-7 and lost in the ticket round to Rumph

8. Schoenegge-Sellmer beat him several times this year.  

Sellmer may only win by one point but he wins...He proved me wrong and now I am a fan of him.

I've always been skeptical of Sellmer due to some hype around him his freshman year when people were saying he was going to state and he got beat by Paul Konrath 12-2 (this is when Konrath took 4th at regionals and Sellmer got 1st). His sophomore year he was projected to go to state again and was beat by Nathan Conley by 1 point. Conley got beat Friday night and Konrath finished 3rd. Sellmer and Conley have traded wins a few times. I've thought Sellmer was a bit overrated.....but I was wrong. It seems he almost wrestles to his competition.. He has great potential and shows signs of greatness but also wrestles below his skill level.

Lets take a look at the top 8 state ranked 138lbers

1. Black-Semi state champ- two time placer- favorite to win a title

2. Melloh- Got 4th last year and just won semi state. Sellmer beat him this year

3. Rumph- got 4th last year and just got 2nd in semi state. Has traded wins with Black. Sellmer lost to him in OT

4. Sellmer

5. Conley- Sellmer has beat Conley several times

6. White- Finished 41-3 and lost to Surguy in the ticket round

7. Manspeaker- Finished 27-7 and lost in the ticket round to Rumph

8. Schoenegge-Sellmer beat him several times this year.

Sellmer may only win by one point but he wins...He proved me wrong and now I am a fan of him.

Very good info. Yes sellmer isn't gonna tech anyone good but he will take them down and ride them out. I believe he has beaten Schoenegee 4 or 5 times this year and if I'm not mistaken it's been 3-2 most it not all of them.. I think the only thing that was holding him back the past few years was his strength and he definitely looks like he has been hitting the weights hard and it shows in his matches also. Like I said the one person I'm worried about is black when he gets on top. He is a Machine. But I'd guess black would have to pick top to be there because I don't see him taking sellmer down or sellmer choosing down. Will be so fun to Watch.

Or black just takes him down....

I'm no means saying don't cheer on sellmer either, but I didn't see much out of him when he wrestled Rumph. I know that was earlier in the season and he is probably more aggressive. We shall see this weekend!

Yeah was early on and Rumph is one of the top 5 in the state on his feet in my opinion. If Rumph couldn't take him down but one time Max then I'd say that's pretty good lol. He is a beast on his feet. He had to not feel well this past weekend. He's a machine. Should be good.

Yea rumph has bellmont Friday night a great staff and program. Then a rematch of a OT match with sellmer then a possible match with the melloh who has had his number to get back to a possible rematch with black. Lots of maybes but wow if he wins it that is a tough road.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.