Upsets / Big Matches

WrestlingFan111

I will say it...Mater Dei pretty much was exposed today.    Put them in individual match ups against the current level of competition i just  the Southern half of the state, an for the second year in a row we see they are not what they used to be.

Hats off to Brownsburg,Avon, and Columbus East...Great showings from these teams.  Great individual efforts through out the day also...

And yes, the Castle Regional pretty much stunk up the place today.

So, are you trying to call out one of the best programs in the state?

Someone sure don't like Mater Dei, what a rotten post. With that said, they are sending 5 kids to Bankers Life from a fairly young team. Good job today Wildcats, you fought hard and stayed classy the whole time. They may not be as dominant as everyone is used to, but they will,for a fact, be on top in the not too distant future.

I will say it...Mater Dei pretty much was exposed today.    Put them in individual match ups against the current level of competition i just  the Southern half of the state, an for the second year in a row we see they are not what they used to be.

Hats off to Brownsburg,Avon, and Columbus East...Great showings from these teams.  Great individual efforts through out the day also...

Classy

Mater Dei is clearly not as good as they were in the early 2000's...BUT they are still a top 5 team in the state and are sending 5 to the state finals.

Combest vs Luigs is a finals match

Shaffer vs Wildeman is a finals match

Neither were upsets....

Agreed.  Ignore the fan boys that will get up in arms with even the most insignificant slight against EMD.  I mean...they live in southwestern Indiana...there's not a whole lot for them to get excited about.  Cut 'em some slack.

Edited by Forrester

Agreed.  Ignore the fan boys that will get up in arms with even the most insignificant slight against EMD.  I mean...they live in southwestern Indiana...there's not a whole lot for them to get excited about.  Cut 'em some slack.

Funny, 2 douchebags for the price of one.  Thanks for your input! 

Upsets coming hot and heavy now

Miller of Westfield wbf over berkebile

Dru would have been much better off, as far as wrestling, had he stayed at Yorktown.  Better coaching and more talent in wrestling room would have greatly benefited him in honing his talent...steel sharpens steel after all.

That said, being happy in your environment is more important than wrestling, in my opinion.  He must not have been as happy at Yorktown as Frankton.

170 Mazero 7-6 over allred

Ruberg last second reversal to beat penola 7-5

Very tough day as a former athlete and a dad. Seeing your son experience a pain you can only console and not remove is heartbreaking. Especially when it's a 14yr old who's defied the odds all season, but fell a little short today. Yes, the equivalent of salt in the wounds is seeing athletes who your wrestler has beaten advance.......but as dads, if we can boast in the glory of our children's success......then we better be humble enough to not run from the reality of small failures.

With that said......The Allred's want to congratulate the Mazero family and specifically Joe for being the better wrestler today. Good luck at the Finals and continue to make your great Hamilton Southeastern program proud young man.

We also want to congratulate Jake Ruberg for bouncing back in a big way this week.

Awesome job done today by our Shenandoah squad by advancing 4 wrestlers to next week. 106-Black....126-Pugsley....138-Surguy & 160-Gee. Continued success to all these deserving young men.

Dru would have been much better off, as far as wrestling, had he stayed at Yorktown.  Better coaching and more talent in wrestling room would have greatly benefited him in honing his talent...steel sharpens steel after all.

That said, being happy in your environment is more important than wrestling, in my opinion.  He must not have been as happy at Yorktown as Frankton.

Actually, it's "iron sharpens iron"...

If one wanted to sharpen something made of steel, he could use a rock. If a rock was not available, he could use your head.

opinions, everyone has them, especially on coaching. No reason to disparage a coaching staff or program! Frankton had a good day overall sending 2 to state. Dru seemed off today, was up 2-1 at the time and am sure he will be back, sharper than ever.

Thanks to all the wrestlers today for a great, exciting day of wrestling!

This is an incredibly smart, original and insightful post: "Mater Dei is not what it used to be."

Wow, I only see a half dozen of these a year.

You forgot:

"I'm sorry, but MD...."

"You can't tell me that teams in the past..."

"Is it time for a coaching change?!?!"

Certainly not upset related, but I was really impressed with Hatch today. I know he's a good wrestler, but it's rare to see a kid constantly attacking from the top position. I felt like there wasn't one second that he wasn't working for a turn or a fall. He was never "just riding". It was really awesome to see.

In my humble opinion, the kid of the day at New Castle was Roncalli's freshman Tyce Freije pinning his way through the field at New Castle (120). Then that kid named Paris spent somewhere around 2:57 minutes on the mat today.  One touching moment though (correct me if I am wrong please) was when I think Berkebile had Wright from Southport in a brutal spladle for what seemed like a full minute before he got the fall.  The young man got up afterwards with a lack of blood in his legs and Berkebile helped him off the mat.  Whoever it was though got an outstanding round of applause.  Great show of sportsmanship.

Seeing a senior like Josh Gee 160 from Shenandoah beat The number 3 and 4 ranked kids was amazing..Frazee definitely was hurt but Josh wrestled well..and he controlled Warren the whole match riding him for over 3 plus minutes...I'm so happy for Shenandoah and the blacks..They deserve this and as for that genetic freak and wonderful young man Silas Allred In look forward to seeing him dominate in the coming years...1a school getting 4 Through to state is unreal..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.