Moving the Castle Regional

SouthSideJimmy

Not that I have heard. I heard rumor a year or two ago but it seems to keep coming back. It would stink to lose it, but if we did, I would be able to sit back and enjoy it for a change. It's a lot of work!  ;) I will ask my contacts though when I get some time saturday and let everyone know what I hear. 

On a side note, I definitely try my best to keep the costs down (the ones I can control) as much as possible. We do it with a bare minimum usher and security staff to keep it down.  

Edited by markio

Not that I have heard. I heard rumor a year or two ago but it seems to keep coming back. It would stink to lose it, but if we did, I would be able to sit back and enjoy it for a change. It's a lot of work!  ;) I will ask my contacts though when I get some time saturday and let everyone know what I hear. 

On a side note, I definitely try my best to keep the costs down (the ones I can control) as much as possible. We do it with a bare minimum usher and security staff to keep it down.  

It may just be the old rumblings sticking around...

Not sure North could seat as many fans as I saw at this years event.   North has a really nice gym, but Castle has the space to pack the place.

As for the concessions, It must be bad timing.   Yes they run short of some items at times, but that's more of an issue with the numbers they pull in and not so much the fault of the VOLUNTEERS that run the stand.   This year the place was full and people were all pretty well behaved.  I see no reason to change the venue.

As for not liking to drive to Castle, feel free not to...Imagine how we feel having to drive to Mater Dei to and the only gym left in the area built during the Teddy Roosevelt administration.   Seats about 150 people and restrooms only a hike up Mt Everest away.  You would think with all that money they would consider maybe updating the facilities once a century.

I am sure they are not a big fan of you coming...beer cans all over the parking lot and all.

I don't drink beer at HS sporting events.

Not sure North could seat as many fans as I saw at this years event.   North has a really nice gym, but Castle has the space to pack the place.

As for the concessions, It must be bad timing.   Yes they run short of some items at times, but that's more of an issue with the numbers they pull in and not so much the fault of the VOLUNTEERS that run the stand.   This year the place was full and people were all pretty well behaved.  I see no reason to change the venue.

As for not liking to drive to Castle, feel free not to...Imagine how we feel having to drive to Mater Dei to and the only gym left in the area built during the Teddy Roosevelt administration.   Seats about 150 people and restrooms only a hike up Mt Everest away.  You would think with all that money they would consider maybe updating the facilities once a century.

Nothing personal BlueBolt.  Just not a fan.  Don't see why you resorted to taking shots at MD.  I'm only one person and certainly don't represent the entire MD community.

I don't drink beer at HS sporting events.

Nothing personal BlueBolt.  Just not a fan.  Don't see why you resorted to taking shots at MD.  I'm only one person and certainly don't represent the entire MD community.

Because I  AM a fan of what Castle has done not only for it's teams, but for the area's teams.   You see it takes A LOT of planning, and volunteer work to pull off an event like a wrestling regional the likes of the Castle Regional.  As I said, if you aren't a fan of the time, place, or event in general...feel free to not attend.   Just leave a seat open for someone who enjoys high caliber wrestling.  .  

blue bolt-  

i agree.  castle has a top-notch concession stand with friendly folks, paper plate-sized pizzas and baked taters "as big as your face."

a minor point of contention--md's gym was built during the truman era; you were only seven administrations off.  also, if you take it easy on the concessions, the trip up the stairs won't seem like a mountain climb.  most importantly, md fans are graced, if not honored, by the presence of blue bolt.  hell, that's better than granny's smoked crawdads or a trip to the cement pond!  We'uns like high falutin fellers, such as yourself, from back east...feel like we can learn a lot from y'all!

Edited by hook and half

blue bolt-  

i agree.  castle has a top-notch concession stand with friendly folks, paper plate-sized pizzas and baked taters "as big as your face."

a minor point of contention--md's gym was built during the truman era; you were only seven administrations off.  also, if you take it easy on the concessions, the trip up the stairs won't seem like a mountain climb.  most importantly, md fans are graced, if not honored, by the presence of blue bolt.  hell, that's better than granny's smoked crawdads or a trip to the cement pond!  We'uns high falutin fellers, like yourself, from back east...feel like we can learn a lot from y'all!

Mater Dei is what it is...and Castle is what Mater Dei wants to be  lol

Mater Dei wants to be runners up to Mater Dei year after year?  lol jk

You may get to find out how the runner up spot feels rather soon if things keep going as they have been for the last few years on the West Side...Not a Castle fan myself, but over all it will be great to see them take over for a while.

You may get to find out how the runner up spot feels rather soon if things keep going as they have been for the last few years on the West Side...Not a Castle fan myself, but over all it will be great to see them take over for a while.

Do tell, I'm genuinely curious now. How have they been going? Besides the team state dual title 2 years ago, their 41st straight sectional championship this year, 7th or 8th straight regional championship this year. Something we don't know about?

Markio have you heard anything about the Ford Center losing the SS next year? Could the SS move from Evansville? Anyone else?

Ive heard that possibly Jasper might be a semi state host in 2 years.

Mater Dei is what it is...and Castle is what Mater Dei wants to be lol

Blue....have you been taking hits off the bottle already. You are spparently dazed and confused.

North will be hosting the regional next year not Castle.

In other news, apparently Reitz is moving back to the Evv Central Sectional and Wood Memorial to Castle. Those two sectionals will be extremely lopsided next year as Reitz got 11 wrestles through to Regional. Wood memorial none to Regional.

North will be hosting the regional next year not Castle.

In other news, apparently Reitz is moving back to the Evv Central Sectional and Wood Memorial to Castle. Those two sectionals will be extremely lopsided next year as Reitz got 11 wrestles through to Regional. Wood memorial none to Regional.

Wow, this stinks. Castle does an outstanding job hosting the regional. Year after year, zero wrinkles. Who made this decision?

We can move semi state back to Seymour, it's an easy drive. Maybe New Albany can host it, that would be an even better drive.

Better yet, if they are moving New Albany and Floyd Central out of the Jeffersonville sectional and out to Southridge, then maybe Jeffersonville will host Semi state and at least we will have one short drive for the series.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.