4 over 1 at semi-state...where will it happen this year?

maligned

Michel beat Rolley from Castle at 195 and looked very solid. Fuller is 170 though. Seri will lose to Wilderman most likely. Southridges schedule is no where near the strength of many schools. They have 2 out of 4 that might make it out of the SS. I'm higher on Schank.

Sorry I meant smith who he has first round.

His losses are to a kid from Louisville Trinity (can't recall name) and Stewart of South Spencer who he has beat twice.

Not bitter....just didn't know if there is something I was missing. Smith has been around awhile and I'm sure it will be a good match.

I'm old school, okay just older.....I am from the day you wouldn't have made it to SS, because they only took 3 out of Regional. Both my 11th & 12th grade years I went to SS as a 3 seed & left SS as a 4th seed. Losing junior year 4-2 to a 1 seed and beating a 1 seed as a 4 seed my senior year. Some people like being the underdog or wrestle better from that position. You are never out until the whistle blows at the end of the match!

I'm old school, okay just older.....I am from the day you wouldn't have made it to SS, because they only took 3 out of Regional. Both my 11th & 12th grade years I went to SS as a 3 seed & left SS as a 4th seed. Losing junior year 4-2 to a 1 seed and beating a 1 seed as a 4 seed my senior year. Some people like being the underdog or wrestle better from that position. You are never out until the whistle blows at the end of the match!

If you advanced as a 4 seed your junior year, you had to have beaten a 1 seed that year as well.

If you advanced as a 4 seed your junior year, you had to have beaten a 1 seed that year as well.

He means he went to semi-state as a 3 out of regional and then went to state as a 4 out of semi-state--barely losing to a 1 at state as a junior and beating a 1 at state as a senior.  ...and there's an echo...beat me to it, ww/dh

Edited by maligned

Not trying to bring up old wounds, but your son has been on both sides of that. I would have taken it to the bank, no pun intended that he would have placed at state, unfortunately he ran into a very game Dembowski. He was something like 40-0 going into that match and Dembowski had close to 10 losses, but that's why we wrestle. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.