Logansport Regional Over/Under

IndianaMudflap

Hello Ladies and Gents,

The Mudflap is back!  It's time for one of my favorite posts of the year.  What is the over/under for Logansport Regional State Qualifiers?

Every year we go up North for the Semi-State and are treated to rude Region fans, hard cross-faces, bad neighborhoods, and a very short Saturday.  We were hoping that the shift in venue from Merrillville to East Chicago would improve our luck, but it seems the Region kids have an even larger advantage from breathing in the poor air quality of the steel mills.  It's almost like training at altitude out in Colorado.  That's the only explanation I can give.

I'll set the Over/Under at 5 Logansport Regional SQ.

(Ryne Webb, Clay Jones, Miles Krintz, Donnie Crider, Kelon Williams)

Let's hear your thoughts.  Who should keep the bus running Saturday at EC?

Jones at 182 has a good draw.   

Well, he's already lost this season to the Regional 4th placer he has first round and he's already been majored this season by his likely ticket round opponent...

12/03/2016
Joshua Bohling (LaPorte) over S. Jones (Lafayette Jefferson) (Dec 4-1)

12/03/2016
Varsity - Tyjonn Lockett (Merrillville) over S. Jones (Lafayette Jefferson) (MD 13-5)
Edited by IndianaMudflap

Betourne has a tough match against Dembowski, but I see Betourne pulling that one out at 126.

Betourne is a tough match for almost everyone.  Strong but just a slight bit less flexible than Gumby.  

Okay, I'll play along.  I believe that the Logan Reg. will get their token 6 wrestlers through.  I see no champs, but I do see a couple of good scrappers and a couple great draws.

Webb from Ren Cen has a shot of getting through his quarter of the bracket at 113. (good draw)  He will have to wrestle his best.

Jones from LJ has a good shot at 152.

Krintz from Harrison is good (Maybe not as good as his record indicates) Good draw and this weight class doesn't look as strong over all in my opinion

I think the Fair kid LJ got a great draw and has a chance to get through.

Jones from LJ maybe gets through at 182.  You never know about the Merr. kids with 13 losses like Locket .  They sometimes show up and knock off wrestlers from the Logon Regional with good records.  Merilville kids always show up to wrestle.  This one is a bit of a toss up.

I don't see Crider from Harrison losing in his quarter of the bracket at 220.  He is a beast.  The best shot at getting a Logan Reg. wrestler on the podium at Indy on Saturday in my opinion.

* I do not see Anderson from LJ beating the Poynter kid from Port. at 120  This is a shame because this kid is probably the most talented wrestler of the bunch.

* I also do not see the Beltorne kid from Harrison beating the Dembowski kid from Valpo at 126.  will be a good match.  Valpo kid will be too technical.

These are just my thoughts and opinions.  Please don't be hating on me.  I have been wrong a couple of times in the past.

I will also say that the Region as a whole will probably not experience the success at Indy this year that they have in the past 10-15 years.  I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me it's gonna be a tough year for the East Chicago SS down at Bankers' Life.

Another possibility is Reagan from Frontier.     Very well could be Frontiers first state qualifier.      The kids a spark plug, and yes they don't have the toughest schedule, but IMO  6he winner of the Penrod/Diaz match is obtainable.  With Coon dropping out he got a good draw.  The kid is hungry, and Metzger will have him ready.

Still think Betourne's athleticism gets Dembrowski.

Also,   McCartney looked the best Ive ever seen him against Johnson this weekend.   Lost in overtime.   He came as close as you can to beating him.  McCartney was in deep so many times and really out wrestled him in regular time.  Just couldn't finish.  Johnson had some amazing scrambles.  Maybe the best match of the day.   If McCartney comes out with that intensity,  DeMien might get a wake up call.  If he wins that,  Ill take McCartney over Bautista.

I have to mention that the Logansport regional will dominate this year just like they have in past years in the ratio of State qualifiers to total enrollment of the schools in the regional.    This is one area that Logansport does a better job, they just get more of their wrestlers based on the kids that enrolled in their schools.   They just kill the "Region" in this measurement and almost double the South Bend area.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

The Mudflap is back!  It's time for one of my favorite posts of the year.  What is the over/under for Logansport Regional State Qualifiers?

Every year we go up North for the Semi-State and are treated to rude Region fans, hard cross-faces, bad neighborhoods, and a very short Saturday.  We were hoping that the shift in venue from Merrillville to East Chicago would improve our luck, but it seems the Region kids have an even larger advantage from breathing in the poor air quality of the steel mills.  It's almost like training at altitude out in Colorado.  That's the only explanation I can give.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

As old bIlly clinton used to say " I feel your pain". I'm sure you feel like a red headed step child. Your not from da region and your not from Indy. Kinda like you don't have an identity. But don't feel to bad at least your not from fort wayne and take a beating on da big stage. Maybe you should try to get in da fort wayne semi state. Dare you guys might have a chance. By da way I give you some hints for entertainment and food while you take a visit.

El Taco Real - In Hammond - about 10 minutes away. 

Bull Dog Brewery in Whiting - 10 minutes away

Byway Brewery Hammond - 15 minutes away - great food 

And if you leave da misses at home !

Industrial Strip - On Calumet in Hammond - 10 minutes away

Dejavue - Hammond at cline and 80-94 / 15 minutes away

Make sure you bring plenty of singles - not allot of gals in da lower weight classes - plenty in da middle to upper working hard 

As old bIlly clinton used to say " I feel your pain". I'm sure you feel like a red headed step child. Your not from da region and your not from Indy. Kinda like you don't have an identity. But don't feel to bad at least your not from fort wayne and take a beating on da big stage. Maybe you should try to get in da fort wayne semi state. Dare you guys might have a chance. By da way I give you some hints for entertainment and food while you take a visit.

El Taco Real - In Hammond - about 10 minutes away. 

Bull Dog Brewery in Whiting - 10 minutes away

Byway Brewery Hammond - 15 minutes away - great food 

And if you leave da misses at home !

Industrial Strip - On Calumet in Hammond - 10 minutes away

Dejavue - Hammond at cline and 80-94 / 15 minutes away

Make sure you bring plenty of singles - not allot of gals in da lower weight classes - plenty in da middle to upper working hard 

Is Dejavue the four star fine dining French Restaurant in the area.  Sounds like a classy place to take the family.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

I have to mention that the Logansport regional will dominate this year just like they have in past years in the ratio of State qualifiers to total enrollment of the schools in the regional.    This is one area that Logansport does a better job, they just get more of their wrestlers based on the kids that enrolled in their schools.   They just kill the "Region" in this measurement and almost double the South Bend area.

This sounds like commie talk....

...equivalent to "winning the popular vote".

...equivalent to "winning the popular vote".

Normallly winning the popular vote  wins,  but I guess there's an exception.    Most in most states they don't mx the big schools with little schools,  but I'm sure there will be a thread soon enough about that.

Jeff, Harrison and Mccutcheon are all big schools but just can't seem to get up to the next level yet. Bobo I would agree that coach atwood at delphi built a pretty strong team for being a small school for several years and has turned out some pretty solid wrestlers they the years although they seem to be tapering off quickly. Looks like some of the Logan regional boys got perfect draws and some got worst case scenario draws. Good luck to all of em. No easy matches left this year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.