145: Graves, Welliever, Cowan, Humbert

152: EIteljorge, Negangard, Warren, T. Smith

160: Warren, Bane, Berkebile, Lazzara

170: Webster, Penola, Allred, Lowe

182: Jessop, Hansen, Sharp, Simmons

195: Tonte, Stewart, Jagow, Williamson

220: Paris, Burton, McClaine, Cornwell

HWT: Samuels, Bailey, Powell, Bettis

If the alternate spot was offered to Pike and they opted to allow Beech Grove to have it, that is a VERY CLASSY move by Coach Spence and the Pike staff/wrestler!  I see his kid is a Freshman and we all would like our kids that early in their career to get a taste of the next level and wrestling at New Castle is an experience in itself.  Glad to see Conaway will get a chance to show his stuff.  

We're very happy Kody gets an opportunity to compete this weekend,there is not a more deserving young man, on and off the mat.  That being said, I hate to see any kid get hurt and the thoughts of the whole Hornet wrestling family are with Sammy wishing him a full, fast recovery to continue his work on that crushing cradle!  Good luck to all competing this weekend, stay healthy and leave it all out there.  And Pike = class act all the way around!

Karma...

I was under the impression that the Coaching staff and wrestlers at PM were of high character and admirable ethics. Hard working and goal oriented is often how I heard them referred to as.

So if by "Karma" you mean that they more often than not outperform expectations and by sure force of will and work ethic manage to maintain a winning environment and attitude well then Spunky you couldn't be more correct.

Of course if I am misinterpreting your use of Karma we have practice on Monday at 6 pm feel free to stop by and let us learn from you. Our entire club should be there so you will have a captive audience!

Karma...

We have to be adults on here. These kids are reading this. That's pretty low to bring down a high schooler, especially when he's down. Grow up. And if you're not grown up & you're half as talented as either Fair or Littel, then have respect for your sport you've worked hard at, as if you were in their shoes. Do you wanna read "Karma" C'mon man

Caleb Spires-

If anyone thinks the Perry Meridian coaches wanted Brayden Littell out of the line up they are sadly mistaken.

What coach in their right mind would want to lose Brayden Littell?

I think you guys are misinterpreting the karma comment. I took it as a shot against the coaches that supposedly tried to get Littel out of the line-up, not at Fair.

Edited by Falcon06

We're very happy Kody gets an opportunity to compete this weekend,there is not a more deserving young man, on and off the mat.  That being said, I hate to see any kid get hurt and the thoughts of the whole Hornet wrestling family are with Sammy wishing him a full, fast recovery to continue his work on that crushing cradle!  Good luck to all competing this weekend, stay healthy and leave it all out there.  And Pike = class act all the way around!

I know Kody very well. Glad he is getting his chance. He has been in one of the toughest weights every year. Not to mention going to sectional and regional with someone always ranked top 5 in the state in his weight class. 

Caleb Spires-

If anyone thinks the Perry Meridian coaches wanted Brayden Littell out of the line up they are sadly mistaken.

What coach in their right mind would want to lose Brayden Littell?

Thus why I said supposedly. I questioned why any program would intentionally screw over a potential 4xer on here a few weeks ago.

did Mason Parris break a sweat today? pinned everyone within a minute!!

Silver Backs don't break a sweat. They rule their territory with an iron fist, and all challengers are dealt with swiftly. He will pin his way through the state tourny, never break a sweat and that's just how it is.

Few thoughts:

1. Cathedral had a good day. A couple overachievers advance in Oliver and Rodgers. If Bailey or Walendzak advanced, they would be going into Bankers as the prohibitive favorite. Now, I think Brownsburg is probably 4-1 odds. Cathedral and Portage are 7-1. Yorktown 10-1.

2. Programs on the rise: Roncalli and Shenandoah. Wade McClurg has done a masterful job in his first year. I think he has a cornerstone 4timer in Alec Viduja. And, he has a talented young nucleus. In 30 years, I have also not seen a Shenandoah program with that energy. The crowd they brought alone carried a couple of their boys to Bankers' Life.

3. Underachievers: Perry Meridian, Carmel, and Warren. Whether the Fair injury demoralized the team or not, Perry wrestled flat. They lost almost every close match besides the Nier-Walendzak match. Warren Central must be crushed with graduation. And, for Carmel to bring 10 and only get 2 out, it was very un-CoachP-like.

Overall, I felt like the semi-state was a bit down in depth. The lack of competitors from some of Indy's perrenial powers like LN and LC was noticeable. However, I can see 6 or more champs coming out of New Castle. And, I will say the parking lot/crowd was the biggest I've seen in a long time. Looking forward to Bankers. Good luck to all. Greatest week of the year.

I think I counted 13 but I could be wrong. 14 would be 25%.

14: Black, Ragle, Pugsley, Schaefer, Surguy, Redd, Negangard, Bane, Gee, Ruberg, Rolfes, Parris, Selm, and Minges.

Not a bad showing for the Richmond Regional.

Also the EIAC sent 9 qualifiers. 8 from New Castle and Dylan Cain of Greensburg got through Evansville. Great job EIAC

I looked coach P right in the face and said "How are you"?. He looked at me, turned around and walked away. I have always respected the guy and still do, but at that moment, I wanted to sweep single, stick my head in his rib cage and move him, move him, move him right down the track. Someone says hello and you know it by looking them in the eyes, you acknowledge it, and you say hello. Maybe his wrestlers get the same treatment? I forgive and really respect the guy, but I will not try to speak to him again. His hair cut is uneven anyway, hard to look at...

25% from Richmond is ok, but what place at semi-state (that's the real question)? How many of those 14 actually made it to the finals or even captured a semi-state championship? Also, the EIAC had 9 move on, but again what place did they earn at semi-state.

Edited by Kerz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.