TripleB

I realized I had him confused with someone else, however he has been beaten this year and is wrestling in a weight class that has 2 undefeated wrestlers. Well I agree he is the favorite I don't believe he is a lock. As for Ripple his first match is by rankings his hardest and he beat Henson this past summer. And Van Horn should not be a lock do to his lost to Stock at sectionals and overtime match at regionals

Edited by In The Bleachers

The Ford Tough Locks are based on the EV SS Secret Geniuses who Report to the Dirty Souths BBB A lock is given when all 5-6 geniuses unanimously pick a wrestler to win the weight class....that being said you can pick anyone you like as a regular old lock but do not confuse it with the world renowned Ford Tough Locks

You should have watched the fantastic show last night and all of this would be clear :)

I'm working on the preview right now, hopefully sometime Wednesday.

I do:

Barry Horowitz Curtain Jerkers (Best first round matches)

Charles Barkley Turrrible Draws (Best/Worst ticket round matches)

Ford Fab Four (top 4)

The Dab (wrestlers who got votes but not enough to crack the top 4)

and Ford Tough Locks (a wrestler who got all 6 first place votes)

The locks were covered in the hangout last night, the link has been posted. 

The Ford Tough Locks are based on the EV SS Secret Geniuses who Report to the Dirty Souths BBB A lock is given when all 5-6 geniuses unanimously pick a wrestler to win the weight class....that being said you can pick anyone you like as a regular old lock but do not confuse it with the world renowned Ford Tough Locks

You should have watched the fantastic show last night and all of this would be clear :)

#TheCountyTMZ is reporting....... that TripleB, DoubleB, SingleB, PintB, a5thB and not to mistaken for a Colt40ozB all head this prestigious unanimous Geniuses group. ( unprecedented 7 LOCK IT UP ) No You Lock it up , You LOCK IT UP, TripleB Ford Tough Locks . Pictures will follow when #TheCountyTMZ is allowed to post pictures on here !

Paid for by Ford "have you drivin a Ford Lately"

TripleB ....... #TheDirtySouthBoyz™®©

Fabio Jr...... Evansville Semi State Guru & Tech savvy Genius

I'm working on the preview right now, hopefully sometime Wednesday.

I do:

Barry Horowitz Curtain Jerkers (Best first round matches)

Charles Barkley Turrrible Draws (Best/Worst ticket round matches)

Ford Fab Four (top 4)

The Dab (wrestlers who got votes but not enough to crack the top 4)

and Ford Tough Locks (a wrestler who got all 6 first place votes)

The locks were covered in the hangout last night, the link has been posted. 

And the Top Gun Mustache Award!

And the Top Gun Mustache Award!

that wasn't a mustache..........it was nicks cat Sasha sitting on his lap, he can't grow a mustache yet

yea that's right my profile pic is me and a pic of my new BFF.........so what were buds and he secretly loves #TheCounty  & all things #PainTrain and ISWA related !!!!

edit to say shout out to my boy Triple B and hello to OTR

Edited by JMILL

that wasn't a mustache..........it was nicks cat Sasha sitting on his lap, he can't grow a mustache yet

yea that's right my profile pic is me and a pic of my new BFF.........so what were buds and he secretly loves #TheCounty & all things #PainTrain and ISWA related !!!!

edit to say shout out to my boy Triple B and hello to OTR

LMAO....can't grow a mustache but can have a teenager!

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Sego 29-2 vs Scott 38-3

Sutton 41-6 vs Campbell 35-3

Rioux 29-5 vs Hinderliter 25-8

TICKET ROUND

Stephenson 30-8 vs Scott 38-3/Sego 29-2 winner

SEMIFINALS

Casebolt 30-2 over Rioux 29-5

Campbell 35-3 over Stephenson 30-8

FINALS

Campbell 35-3 over Casebolt 30-2

OVERVIEW

The Mooresville and Evansville regional have the best 106’s and they got paired together first round. The freshman from Boonville and Heritage Hills both surprised some people in beating Mater Dei last week. Can they pull another upset this week? I don’t see any major upsets here….the only question for me is Stephenson vs Sego/Scott winner. Rioux snuck one past Campbell last week to win the regional but has a tougher road ahead than Rioux does.

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Horty 38-5 vs Lawhead 32-9

TICKET ROUNDERS

Petro 21-5 vs Antunez 37-4

SEMIFINALS

Garcia 34-0 over Egli 27-7

Antunez 37-4 over Lawhead 32-9

FINALS

Garcia 34-0 over Antunez 37-4

OVERVIEW

Lawhead vs Horty will be a battle between two seasoned veterans. Lawhead has wrestled the best the state has to offer and Horty has been around forever fighting to punch his ticket. The other question mark comes from the Antunez/Petro matchup. Petro is capable of placing 2nd and seems to be turning it on lately. Antunez has battled Conaway to a 8-2 loss and Viduya to a 10-2 loss. I’m taking Antunez with the risky pick to place 2nd. Garcia sharpens his saw for a tough state finals next weekend.

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Rooks 38-1 vs Denny 34-8

TICKET ROUNDERS

Bealmer 28-5 vs Mills 31-1

Dickens 27-3 vs Mosconi 37-1

SEMIFINALS

Rooks 38-1 over Mills 31-1

Dickens 27-3 over Weddle 28-7

FINALS

Rooks 38-1 over Dickens 27-3

OVERVIEW

Denny vs Rooks first round is crazy. Denny lost to Mills 3-0 and is a returning state qualifier. He comes from the toughest regional in the state and if 3 of the Mooresville regional punch their ticket it wouldn’t surprise me. IT’s a shame Mills and Rooks has to happen in the semifinals. Mosconi vs Dickens feature two kids who are top 10 in the state and capable of placing. Rooks and Mills can be a finals match as well.

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Hunt 31-9 vs Fisher 27-5

TICKET ROUNDERS

Lee 24-3 vs Craig 33-5

Hunt 31-9 vs Pruett 26-7

Rooks 38-0 vs Willis 37-3

SEMIFINALS

Lee 24-3 over Hunt 31-9

Rooks 38-0 over Mulkey 32-0

FINALS

Rooks 38-0 over Lee 24-3

OVERVIEW

WOW…Rooks and Mulkey in the semifinals?? This could be a preview of a state finals match! Mulkey has Rooks number but Rooks is due for a win. This is the first weight we see that is pretty deep with talent. Lee/Craig Hunt/Pruett Rooks/Willis will all be great matches. How good is Lee? Hunt and Craig are State qualifiers and Mulkey and Rooks are place winners. Very tough weight class!

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Nothing that stands out

TICKET ROUNDERS

Luigs 31-0 vs Miranda 16-6

Smith 39-3 vs Franklin 38-2

SEMIFINALS

Luigs 31-0 over Combest 38-1

Smith 39-3 over Campbell 31-4

FINALS

Luigs 31-0 over Smith 39-3

OVERVIEW

C’MON IHSAA! Another possible state finals match in the semistate semi finals! Smith from Bl. North and Franklin from New Washington will be a good match. Franklin was a state qualifier as a freshman and hasn’t made it back since. He is itching to punch his ticket and avoids Luigs and Combest in the draw. I don’t know much about Campbell other than he beat Miranda… Top heavy weight with Luigs and Combest

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Blubaugh 35-6 vs Weidner 21-12 just because you can never count out MD

TICKET ROUNDERS

Blubaugh 35-6 vs Schoenegge 35-6

Miller 37-4 vs Bigelow 23-8

SEMIFINALS

Schoenegge 35-6 over Miller 37-4

Conley 30-5 over Sellmer 34-2

FINALS

Conley 30-5 over Schoenegge 35-6

OVERVIEW

Lots of great underclassmen here…Sellmer has the most upside and has really had a solid season but I picked against him going with Conley and the “upset”. Blubaugh vs Schoegge in the ticket round will feature to future high placers next year. Sellmer, Conley and the Blubaugh/Schoenegge winner can all place top 8.

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Politt 31-10 vs Mosconi 33-7

Osho 27-6 vs Wathen 41-5

Bullock 35-6 vs Coyle 33-3

TICKET ROUNDERS

Happe 25-8 vs Osho/Wathen winner

Webb 36-4 vs Coyle 33-3

SEMIFINALS

Lee 38-0 over Mosconi 33-7

Webb 36-4 over Coyle 33-3

FINALS

Lee 38-0 over Webb 36-4

OVERVIEW

Lee tech falls the field… Politt/Mosconi is a great first round match as both are battle tested and winner punches their ticket. Osho/Wathen first round is a match between two top 20 wrestlers. Wathen is a great young wrestler but Avon is always strong at semi state. Coyle and Webb may be the best ticket round match this weekend. I’m picking Webb but don’t be surprised if Coyle gets 2nd and places top 8 the following week.

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

McNutt 29-11 vs Thomas 36-5

Dalton 34-7 vs Davidson 29-9

Foster 27-9 vs Aydelott 31-4

TICKET ROUNDERS

Schank 43-5 vs Thomas 36-5

Clark 26-4 vs Thomas 36-5

SEMIFINALS

Bethel 37-3 over Thomas 36-5

Lee 28-0 over Clark 26-4

FINALS

Lee 29-0 over Bethel 37-3

OVERVIEW

This seems to be a pretty clear cut weight with Lee and Bethel leading the class with Clark in the second tier. Schank vs Thomas/McNutt winner gets a state finals birth after they all got a great draw!

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Parkingson 28-6 vs Stikes 30-7

TICKET ROUNDERS

Stock 28-4 vs Beineke 37-7

Wilson 34-3 vs Brewer 33-2

Farmer 33-7 vs Adkins 26-6

SEMIFINALS

Brewer 33-2 over Stock 28-4

Mappes 35-1 over Farmer 33-7

FINALS

Mappes 35-1 over Brewer 33-2

OVERVIEW

I think we will see some upsets here. Wilson and Brewer meet in the ticket round and before last weekend I would have said Brewer, but after Stock put the hammer on Brewer, it’s up in the air! The Stock boys are wrestling lights out as of late! I think Brewer gets his bearings back this week and makes a run.

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Brown 34-7 vs Cicciarelli 30-9

Chapman 32-7 vs Murell 26-12

Creasy 22-2 vs Spiller 22-11

Hays 27-9 vs Mohler 27-11

Stock 33-2 vs Keller 33-2

TICKET ROUNDERS

Brown/Cicciarelli winner vs Chapman/Murrell winner

VanHorn 33-1 vs Mosley 39-4

Fuller 45-3 vs Stock/Keller winner

SEMIFINALS

Vanhorn 33-1 over Brown 34-7

Fuller 45-3 over Hays 27-9

FINALS

Vanhorn 33-1 over Fuller 45-3

OVERVIEW

I think everyone will be watching this weight come together. There really isn’t a bad match throughout the matches. You would have thought Vanhorn was a LOCK but Stock slayed the giant and showed everyone he is beatable. The top 4 can be flipped in any order. I have Cicciarelli losing first round but he can easily place 3rd. Very deep weight here…

FIRST ROUND BATTLES

Smith 29-5 vs Hendrich 31-5

Hauser 28-9 vs Guerroer 38-4

TICKET ROUNDERS

McKinley 4-0-2 vs Moore 36-2

Sonner 41-0 vs HEndrich 31-5

Walton 38-1 vs Guerrier 38-4

SEMIFINALS

Sonner 41-0 over Moore 36-2

Dull 34-0 over Walton 38-1

FINALS

Dull 34-0 over Sonner 41-0

OVERVIEW

Another deep weight class here…Hendrich is a returning state qualifier and all his losses are to Dull x3, Gray from Delta 1-0, and Guerrier 3-1. He can easily pull the win out from Sonner. I don’t see Guerrier pulling the upset on Walton but remember a few years ago when Lee was upset by Bethel and the crowd went wild? anything can happen! Dull and Walton will be a preview of a possible state finals match.

At 106...DO NOT Sleep on Scott of Heritage Hills.    That kid is much tougher than he has been given credit.

At 106...DO NOT Sleep on Scott of Heritage Hills. That kid is much tougher than he has been given credit.

I don't think anyone is sleeping on him. It's an odds game...he has to beat two quality opponents to punch his ticket. I chose Stephenson because he's a local guy for me and a senior. I can see Sego, Scott or Stephenson winning that bracket.

Totally agree! Scott's Only losses: twice to Casebolt and once to 4th ranked undefeated (at the time)KY wrestler. very solid in win against Mater Dei Hinderliter last Saturday. Certainly not to be overlooked. Will be a very interesting way to kick this tournament off but looking at recent last weekend performance

I see Sam Scott coming out of the first round with the decision.

Either way a quality wrestler will be heading to the locker room early after Sego- Scott early first round matchup.

132... 3rd and 4th places match... I'm glad new washington got to state and he will be a tough out for a semistate champ. . Really should have been 3rd. I'm a fan of luigs but he was pinned in the 1st. I'm glad both men got up and shook hands. Can't wait for Friday night. I'll be cheering for Noah Franklin!

132... 3rd and 4th places match... I'm glad new washington got to state and he will be a tough out for a semistate champ. . Really should have been 3rd. I'm a fan of luigs but he was pinned in the 1st. I'm glad both men got up and shook hands. Can't wait for Friday night. I'll be cheering for Noah Franklin!

Lol he was as pinned as I've ever seen anyone. He was sliding on his back flat all the way across the mat. Then when lungs put him on his back with the same move he called the pin really fast lol.

Track showed a 4 pt nearfall and a penalty point for Franklin.  How does that work?

Another great match at 170 between stock and vanhorn.

Stock wins in overtime

Mooresville regional gets all 4 to state at 170

3rd and 4th also goes to OT and was a great match...such a fun and competitive weight

Stock and VanHorn are consitent!  SV-1 3-1 all three matches!

Lol he was as pinned as I've ever seen anyone. He was sliding on his back flat all the way across the mat. Then when lungs put him on his back with the same move he called the pin really fast lol.

Actually from where I was sitting, it wasn't a pin. He was bridging, and always had atleast one blade clear of theat as he pushed his way from the center of the mat to out of bounds. The pinfall for Luigs wasn't quick at all as the ref jumped positions a few times before finally calling it.

The 4 pts was 3NF and I believe 1p for fleeing(pushing himself out of bounds).

Actually from where I was sitting, it wasn't a pin. He was bridging, and always had atleast one blade clear of theat as he pushed his way from the center of the mat to out of bounds. The pinfall for Luigs wasn't quick at all as the ref jumped positions a few times before finally calling it.

The 4 pts was 3NF and I believe 1p for fleeing(pushing himself out of bounds).

Unless the rule has been changed, it isn't considered fleeing if you leave the mat while giving up nearfall.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.