East Chicago semi state picks?

ontherise219

jUST looked at da weather on saturday - high of 58 degrees - sure don't feel like wraslin season - need a variety of a NE,Nor NW wind get da true ambiance of da region. 

The potholes on the toll road should be YUUUUGE!!! Good thing those 1980's model olds cutlass/buick regals have awesome suspensions and drive like a cloud.

Hey now, you're bringing back some memories. My first car was a Cutty. White with beautiful burgundy interior. 

I had the dark blue metallic with the silver landau top! Bird nest in the rusted out bumper but the AC/DC bumper sticker covered that sucker right up..after I shoo'd the birds out, of course.

Are we able to use profanity on the boards now since Hungus broke the curse words out on the show? Askin' for a friend....

Somehow I was on the topic of my freshman year of high school the other day and I came across the attendance figures for each semi state at the time....2002-2003 

Merrillville Semi State   Attendance 5,948!!!

Evansville Reitz  3,495

New Haven 2,785

New Castle 2,546

No wonder the atmosphere was that crazy in that gym...I wonder how the numbers have shifted and what they will be this year

I'm an amateur crowd estimator (much like our President), but it didn't seem like the EC Semi-State was anywhere near that figure last year. If I had to venture a guess I'd say the number was between 3000-3500.  There was plenty of space to sit and actually if I recall correctly, one side of the upper level bleachers were not pulled out. I'm not sure of total capacity of the gym, but even with one section closed, there was plenty of seating available, so perhaps even my estimate of 3000-3500 is high, though alternative facts have been reported at a total attendance of 1 million. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.