Mosely and fuller

Wrestling4EVER

Whoever the old white hair guy was that "reffed" this match should be fined and suspended if possible.in my 20 plus years around this sport this is the worst call ive ever seen and it literally ended the match. In over time fuller was locked up with mosely near the out of bounds and they went out of bounds and the ref called a technical violation fleeing the mat and literally handed his nephew(gotta be something) the regional Championship. I think even the Jeffersonville crowd was booing. I'm really not exaggerating. It was really bad. I saw other referees just looking embarrassed. It was a great match and to pick the winner yourself is just mind boggling. Someone has to have some video of this.

Whoever the old white hair guy was that "reffed" this match should be fined and suspended if possible.in my 20 plus years around this sport this is the worst call ive ever seen and it literally ended the match. In over time fuller was locked up with mosely near the out of bounds and they went out of bounds and the ref called a technical violation fleeing the mat and literally handed his nephew(gotta be something) the regional Championship. I think even the Jeffersonville crowd was booing. I'm really not exaggerating. It was really bad. I saw other referees just looking embarrassed. It was a great match and to pick the winner yourself is just mind boggling. Someone has to have some video of this.

personally this is the first time iv seen this official or at least I don't really remember him if iv seen him before but he was very consistent but that call was ridiculous no match should end like that I re watched the match Mosley took 12 shot attempts to fullers 6 and was hit twice for stalling both of them are great wrestlers and I'm not taking anything away from fuller but even he was like wtf on that stall call.

Not a bad call... Tough call for sure. Mosley went from the center circle and backed out of bounds, twice. Had that stall call not ended the match, it wouldn't have even been talked about. The official just had the balls to make the call. Worst call ever?? I have a 170 lb ticket round match to show you...

It was terrible. No way you are defending this call. It was 20 seconds into Overtime and fuller pushed him out one time and if that's stalling then I feel sorry for the guys next year if he refs. Because no way he is reffing a semi state. It likely won't matter after seeing both draws but man that coulda been brutal

He will be put on 'double secret' probation... 

Yep! I do remember that match.

I'm biased, I don't feel the stalling call was warranted. I don't understand how shoving a kid around the mat is considered offense. The ref decided the match and not the the kids that worked so hard to earn a regional title. I take nothing away from Fuller he won the match, but given the reaction by most people in the stands, I think most people would have rather let the kids decide the match and not the referee who must typically officiate sumo wrestling. I understand it is an exceptionally hard job, but the lack of inconsistency when making stalling calls (as a whole) is disappointing.

I'm just sad an exciting match ended in overtime with a stalling call.

Man Jimmy Fisher, the Stall Call heard around the world....By far the worst call in the history of Indiana Wrestling, holy smokes... 

It's all in how you view it, once again I wasn't there, but I heard Mosley got out of bounds to get out of hooks. NA guys saying he was pushed out. 

I'd say neither got favorable draws next week, best wishes to both though!

I'm going to call it like I tell a kid that's pissed saying he wasn't pinned. If you don't want to be pinned don't put yourself in a position to leave it up to someone else, stay off your back.

Same in this situation, if you don't want to take a chance getting a stalling call don't head backwards, circle in or don't stop attacking.

Didn't see this match, but I also know we have gotten away from calling kids for backing up as much. I remember times when kids got hit for stalling for backing up out of the small circle and believe that is still the rule, just not called as much.

Edited by warsawwrestling

Does it? What makes it different than it being called in the 2nd period. Wouldn't it be more creditable that someone make a call they see no matter when it is in a match? I understand the frustration, but it doesn't matter at what time the call is made if the official feels it's happening. Don't get me wrong I do feel there are officials that want to be part of the outcome, but those are pretty easy to pick out because it happens all the time in their matches. Is this one of those cases, don't know wasn't there.

no frustration here since I know neither kid and as I mentioned was not there. What I do know is there are officials who feel they need to decide outcomes as you mentioned. and those are the ones I am talking about just let the kids wrestle. You refs know who you are ......................you are the ones who are getting booed way more than the other refs lol

It was definitely one of those cases. It was kinda crazy. Like no-one believed it was gonna end the match. Every one was kinda in shock. It was an exciting match with action. And the part that bothers me the most is Mosely got a take-down to tie it up with seconds left on the clock and the Jeff coaches did not like the call at all. The coach in the corner argued it and then another coach came over after he explained to that coach that it was a takedown and argued more. Then the first 20 seconds into overtime he makes this call and gives a point and got to pick who won the match himself. Was very odd. I'm not saying it was a makeup call but it was just very odd how it went down. I honestly believe the Jeff coaches were really shocked also. I know fuller was because he wasn't even walking over to get his hand raised and his coach kinda pointed to him to go get hand raised. I know someone has a video of this. Again it doesn't matter more thank likely because they both got Horrible draws but it could Had been huge.

http://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/wrestling-two-dozen-locals-advance-to-semistate/article_4553c15a-eb22-11e6-b968-bf3b2382936d.html

Video is about half way down the page.  1:53 of video is where the underhooks to stall call occur.  Video stops as soon as you see the ref giving the call.  Someone a little more computer savvy can possibly embed the video.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.