Team Indiana Elementary Heartland Dual Wrestle Off's

JMILL

I wanted to get this out there so people can start planning for this.  March 5th the Team Indiana wrestle offs will be held at Warren Central High School.  They have graciously given us the use of their facility to hold these for the team qualifications.  The date is listed on the ISWA home page under "tournament" tab then drop down to "ISWA event schedule" and click on the event listed on 3-5-17 "2017 team-in-heartland-elem-dual-wrestle-offs" and you will be directed to the flyer for the weight separations for the wrestle off schedule and the info about the trip. 

As posted in a previous post about the Middle School Dual trip this is a FANTASTIC trip for the competition level. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to call or text me at the below listed number

age is anywhere from k-6th as the event is a national elementary dual....I will say that usually (and I say there are some exceptions on this) the kids that make the teams and wrestle at the tournament are predominately intermediates and up. 

The weight classes start out at 50lbs and go all the way up to 150 I believe. 

Think about how many 50lb intermediates there are out that and even some smaller Novice kids and that is going to be the competition for the team as well as at the tournament from the other state's. 

Its a great tournament............for the kids that are ready for this level of competition.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, thanks.  

Edited by JMILL

age is anywhere from k-6th as the event is a national elementary dual....I will say that usually (and I say there are some exceptions on this) the kids that make the teams and wrestle at the tournament are predominately intermediates and up.

The weight classes start out at 50lbs and go all the way up to 150 I believe.

Think about how many 50lb intermediates there are out that and even some smaller Novice kids and that is going to be the competition for the team as well as at the tournament from the other state's.

Its a great tournament............for the kids that are ready for this level of competition.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, thanks.

thanks

TripleB has an elbow fetish.

naw..............he just knows I don't like to shake hands and figures elbow's may be OK. 

Nice looking out Bro !!!

2017 ISWA Elementary National Team Wrestle Offs (Heartland Duals 4-13,14,15)

Warren Central High School

Indianapolis, IN

Sunday March 5 2017

Doors open at 7:00 am   

7:30 to 8:00 – Weigh-ins for 50, 70, 90 and 112

8:30 to 10:30 – Wrestle offs for 50, 70, 90 and 112

9:30 to 10:00 - Weigh-ins for 55, 75, 95 and 120

10:30 to 12:30 – Wrestle offs for 55, 75, 95 and 120

11:30 to 12:00 - Weigh-ins for 60, 80, 100 and 130

12:30 to 2:30 -- Wrestle offs for 60, 80, 100 and 130

1:30 to 2:00 - Weigh-ins for 65, 85, 105, 140 and 160

2:30 to 4:30 -- Wrestle offs for 65, 85, 105, 140 and 160

*If a wrestler finishes 2nd they may stay for the following session to wrestle for a spot at the next weight class. A wrestler may only move up one weight class.

*First and second place at each weigh class get a spot period !

*All wrestlers need to be within 2 pounds of weight class at weigh-ins (per ISWA book).

*There will be no coaching during wrestle offs. Please prepare your wrestlers.

*Periods will be three 1.5 minute periods.

*The cost to wrestle off is $10 (payable at weigh-ins). All wrestlers must live in Indiana     and have a valid USA wrestling card. This is a USA wrestling sanctioned event.

*If a wrestler makes the team, they must pay $205 on the day of wrestle offs. Total team cost will be $205. Cost includes team gear and entry fee only. All wrestlers will be responsible for their own transportation and lodging for the 2017 Heartland Duals in Council Bluffs, IA on April 13th to 15th 2016. A block of 70 rooms has been reserved at special rates some with king bed and some with 2 queen beds. We will weigh-in as a team Thursday evening April 13th in Iowa 4:30pm CST. We will wrestle on April 14th & 15th.

* Please contact the ISWA Folkstyle Developmental Director Ryan Parrish with any questions or concerns (317) 213-8598.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to get this out there so people can start planning for this.  March 5th the Team Indiana wrestle offs will be held at Warren Central High School.  They have graciously given us the use of their facility to hold these for the team qualifications.  The date is listed on the ISWA home page under "tournament" tab then drop down to "ISWA event schedule" and click on the event listed on 3-5-17 "2017 team-in-heartland-elem-dual-wrestle-offs" and you will be directed to the flyer for the weight separations for the wrestle off schedule and the info about the trip. 

As posted in a previous post about the Middle School Dual trip this is a FANTASTIC trip for the competition level. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to call or text me at the below listed number

Wanted to get this reiterated for all those interested that the wrestle off's are this Sunday at Warren Central.....see above info

still have 2 spots to fill so if anyone knows any 105 or 112 kids please advise to the number listed under my signature

Gold:

50:   Charlie Hutchison

55:   Nate Rioux

60:   Revin Dickman

65:   Seth Syra

70:   Preston Haines

75:   Reese Courtney

80:   Anthony Rinehart

85:   Cheaney Schoeff

90:   Sam Goin

95:   Jeb Prechtel

100: Bray Emrine

105: john Purdy

112: Drew Mills

120: Nate Johnson

130: Van Skinner

140: Seth Willems

160: Leighton Jones

Blue:

50    Cael Thomas

55:   Case Bell

60:   Landon Haines

65:   Toby Billerman

70:   David Marcum

75:   Brady Ison

80:   Julian Weems

85:   Bryce Lowery

90:   Lee Spencer

95:   Ethan Thompson

100: Kaden McConnell

105: Hyatt Yeager

112: ------------------------------------open

120: D'alcopone Veacy

130: Christian Carroll

140: Peyton Cross

160: Peyton Kendall

***Down to 1 weight class to fill..........anyone know of a stud 112 to fill it ?

I will be looking at you kids at state this weekend to fill this last spot !!!!!

Edited by JMILL

Congrats to all that made the team. I look forward to being there to watch these guys kick butt!

Seems like yesterday when Brandi Cash held the first qualifier for the ISWA elementary duals at Ben Davis High School. Some of those kids are now seniors. I have been on most of those trips since. Its an awesome thing.

Can this years group beat our all time best finish of 3rd?

Don't look now.... but the Gold team has 7 weight classes represented by #TheCounty. And another 3 on the second team. CRAZY!  Kinda reminds me of 2013 when the team was led by 7 from #TheCounty and took 3rd.

Edited by Mattyb

TripleB and TSkin on a road trip w/ no adult supervision....they'll make a movie about this someday. 

Remember guys this is my home town and I have put the appropriate authorities on alert to keep a close watch on you two!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.