Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maligned

3A Team State Qualifying: thru State

Recommended Posts

I don't think it's as much of a bias as it is who did they wrestle? Coming from the weakest regional with 10 kids and getting 1 kid through doesn't help that argument.

Good point, but this is where I think you  and even Mike aren't missing the point.     In you're example is based on who get through to the state tournament.  You're argument is based on the state tournament qualifiers.   Fact:  only 5% of the wrestlers qualify for state.   So the other 95% of wrestlers also make up dual teams.  Its like lets ignore those guys.  The whole point process quantifies the whole team not just the 5%, or also said in another way:  You can have a good dual team, but not as a  great tournament team.    I really don't see you guys  are appreciating that factor.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point, but this is where I think you and even Mike aren't missing the point. In you're example is based on who get through to the state tournament. You're argument is based on the state tournament qualifiers. Fact: only 5% of the wrestlers qualify for state. So the other 95% of wrestlers also make up dual teams. Its like lets ignore those guys. The whole point process quantifies the whole team not just the 5%, or also said in another way: You can have a good dual team, but not as a great tournament team. I really don't see you guys are appreciating that factor.

I'm not missing the point just asking questions about the system. I hope Harrison gets voted in. It would be great for their program and their wrestlers. They wouldn't be my vote but as I stated it don't get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even close.  1st of all you got to put the right lineup out there. 

My call:

 106   Hobart wins by decision            

  113:  Wade by Pin  over Schamert

120:  Triana by Decision over McCartney-  McCartney would have a shot

126:  Betourne over Gomez by Pin- Betourne ranked in state and ranked In Mikes unbiased rankings

132:  Strother over Homoky by pin

138   Black over Merkel by Pin

145   Colza over Conklin by pin 

152   Burns over Ruiz by dec-  Note both SS ticket rounders and Ruiz beat the Calumet regional champ

160   Krintz  over Guarner by Major Dec

170   Fattore over Younker by pin

182- Powell over Vode by major

195- Crider over Recio by Major

220- Crider by pin over Salazar-Easily

285- Kern over Moore by Pin

 

I calculate total score:   Harrison 48- Hobart 27

 

 

I have Harrison winning 8 of the 6 matches.

I was using the KV LINE UPS, and Krintz would not major Guarnero. Burns Former state qualifier, and Betourne he is ranked cuz he probably has 1000 matches won but no significant wins. Evansvill mater dei barely put 50 on us with a really hurt and weak line up, I doubt that Harrison would put 48 up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was using the KV LINE UPS, and Krintz would not major Guarnero. Burns Former state qualifier, and Betourne he is ranked cuz he probably has 1000 matches won but no significant wins. Evansvill mater dei barely put 50 on us with a really hurt and weak line up, I doubt that Harrison would put 48 up lol

So you agree my analysis is correct.  Ill give you a Krintz on Dec over Guarnero.     I had Burns winning, both made it to the same level at SS.     Ill bump the score 47-27 Harrison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think Betourne pins Gomez and would Krintz made 160 for a dual this year? I thought he wrestled 170 most of the year and then came down for Sectionals.

He wrestled most of the year 170.  Did wrestle a couple of duals at 160.    Team state qualifiying is based on where you wrestled at in the state tournament, so trying to keep comparisons there.

What about Perry vs Harrison. They are both vote ins correct?

To be honest with you.  Im not worried about Perry as much.  Im worried about the other vote in teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who gets the vote out of Harrison Perry center grove Chesterton crown point ? Is Harrison adding some impact wrestlers

I heard a rumor somebody might be transferring to Harrison from another sectional school.  Just a rumor.  Not mentioning names.

 

Note they have 13 back, and they were deep at the weight the only SR left.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who gets the vote out of Harrison Perry center grove Chesterton crown point ? Is Harrison adding some impact wrestlers

What about RONCALLI? They return a solid team.

Edited by swain358

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waste of time going back and forth. We could argue all day on this or that, at the end of the day it would be a good dual. The deciding factor would be if krintz went 60 or 70, we match better against him at 70. WE WILL NEVER KNOW UNLESS IT HAPPENS. I really do hope that harrison gets invited to the region, maybe even a superdual that hobart is at. I would love to have 48 points scored on us  ;). I really hope that Chesterton gets in, their program is on the rise, and they are returning 4 state qualifiers, 2 of them runner ups. I think It would be great for another Region team to get in, especially them, because I think that they would do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about RONCALLI? They return a solid team.

I am from a 2A school, so I'm not sure I know enough about these schools to comment, but I would think of the vote in options schools Roncalli should be a lock and we are discussing the last one in.  I agree Harrison is young (only losing 1 senior), but there performance at ECSS really makes me wonder how they would stack up in duals against Da Region teams on the list (or Hobart for that matter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am Not on the committee. I still don't see the value and how the lower team from a regional should effect a total score when the stronger team eliminate those wrestlers any way. Then As stated I hav w list of multiple regional qualifiers who have multiple wins over semi state qualifiers so maybe my idea of depth is wrong

It's not that anyone's idea of depth is wrong--we've just been playing ring-around-the-rosie because we're using different definitions of it. 

 

Is Calumet deeper than average in terms of state qualifiers? Yes.

Is Calumet deeper than average in terms of semi-state second rounders? Yes.

Is Calumet deeper than average in terms of "feel" and star power? Yes, a resounding yes.

Is Calumet deeper than perhaps only 3 or 4 regionals in the state in terms of the above questions? Yes, another resounding yes.

 

But none of those questions answers the one question we need an answer for when we're putting a Category on a regional. This question: How difficult is it to be at least a semi-state FIRST ROUNDER from a given regional since those are the ONLY points we're awarding regional week? The answer to that question at Calumet is "about normal difficulty" because there's limited resistance once you get past the best 3 or 4 kids at a given weight.

 

Enormous semi-state second round points are given at semi-state (it's far and away THE most important scoring round for 3A. It's the reason Harrison is a nice team with 13 coming back and still couldn't get an auto bid. They didn't succeed in that round). And nice state qualifier points are also given at semi-state.

 

But at regional we're ONLY awarding semi-state first round points so we need to know how crowded it is to accomplish that task alone. Therefore, the Categories are designed for that purpose and that purpose alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consequently, the alleged realignment taking place next year will have no impact on the formula.  Will this realignment more evenly distribute power within the Regions' regionals is the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.