Rump 3 TDs

Black 2 Es

2nd - 8-4 Rump

Rump 2 Es

Black 1 TD

3rd - 12-11 Black

Rump 1 TD, 1 E

Black 2 Es, 2 TDs , 2 pt NF

Great match. I thought all the calls by the ref were correct. He could have controlled the match a little better but all good calls. The best call was the non bite call. I've seen officials call that a Flagrant which would have DQ Rump. Great non call.

Edited by Rookies03

12-11

1st - 6-2 Rump

Rump 3 TDs

Black 2 Es

2nd - 8-4 Rump

Rump 2 Es

Black 1 TD

3rd - 12-11 Black

Rump 1 TD, 1 E

Black 2 Es, 2 TDs , 2 pt NF

Great match. I thought all the calls by the ref were correct. He could have controlled the match a little better but all good calls. The best call was the non bite call. I've seen officials call that a Flagrant which would have DQ Rump. Great non call.

12-11 I thought all the calls made by the ref were correct also.

Watched without sound, and came away 12-11 Black. Great match.

Sound didn't help much with the score. Announcers didn't have a great deal of knowledge when it came to scoring.

My question is, with Rumph dominating at the time, why would he risk DQ with the so-called biting?

It's pretty obvious from the video that there were teeth marks on Blacks forearm. Teeth marks don't necessarily mean an intentional bite but that's a judgement call by the official. I agree completely that Rump had no reason to intentionally bite him and that's why I thought it was a great no call. Can you imagine the thread on this board if Rump was DQ for a bite?! Class Wrestling post might have less pages. Lol

I watched it several times & had 11-11 every time. Not sure what I am missing? Regardless it was a great match by two great kids that I cannot wait to see again!

I'm not sure either, the scoring breakdown posted above is pretty accurate. But this is gonna be a good one to go all the way through the state series, Rumph has definitely been closing the gap on Black this year and will more than likely steal at least one match in the coming weeks:

Sound didn't help much with the score. Announcers didn't have a great deal of knowledge when it came to scoring.

It's pretty obvious from the video that there were teeth marks on Blacks forearm. Teeth marks don't necessarily mean an intentional bite but that's a judgement call by the official. I agree completely that Rump had no reason to intentionally bite him and that's why I thought it was a great no call. Can you imagine the thread on this board if Rump was DQ for a bite?! Class Wrestling post might have less pages. Lol

I agree on the refs call. I was at a regional match(last year I believe) and witnessed this same exact situation. A senior who had complete control of match was in bottom position and top guy then does a cross face with about :15 seconds left in the match and immediately jumps up(similar to this scenario), and shows ref his arm. Ref then DQ the senior in a ticket round match. Bad call there compared to this situation. I guess by any means necessary for a win sometimes.

Can't wait to see these 2 battle again.

Rumph is electric on his feet. If he can develop a good ride/tilt/turn, he will have an impact at the next level. It will be interesting to see the result of the match if it doesn't last 18 minutes. That definitely affects the pace and overall mindset of a wrestler. I am hoping we get to see this one under the lights in a few weeks. 

I've watched several times. Always come up with 12-11 Black winning. Rumph really impresses me from his feet. Black seemed to be no match for him on his feet. Glad they get at least a couple more shots at one another. Should be very entertaining. I can't see Black slowing Rumph down much from neutral. Hope to see this one in person at Bankers.

lost a lot of respect for black after watching..

Black did seem to spend a lot of time talking with the official. I don't know that I've ever witnessed that much interaction between a wrestler and an official during a match before. Black seemed to be looking for calls/help. I think the official should have shut that down right away. If there is a problem let the coach go to the table.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.