Multi-time Middle School State Champs?

navy80

Whose won middle school state 2 or 3 times?

Brayton Lee 3X

Drew Hughes 3x

Nick Lee 2x?

Trey Lane 2x and 1 runner up

Mason Miranda 2x

Mason Parris 2x and a 5th

Colton Cummings 2x

Evan Ellis 2x

Nick Lee 2x

Bryca Baumgartner 2x

Asa Garcia with a 1,2, and 3 finish

Blake Rypel with a 1,3 and 3 finish

Kyle Shaffer with a 2, 1, and 4 finish

A little off topic, but I personally like the history of the MS 95 state champion future accolades.  Only hope my boy can continue a tradition some day:

2016: Drake Campbell

2015: Asa Garcia

2014: Mason Miranda

2013: Colten Commings

2012: CJ Red

2011: Tommy Cash

2010: seems to be missing from track

2009: Tommy Forte

track doesn't seem to have any history further back

When was the first year of middle school state?

I believe February of 2004 was year 1... I remember being an 8th grader and the wrestling went until 1:00am to 2:00am.... the tournament sure has come a long way since then... kudos to the IHSWCA and the ISWA for working together

Edited by Wade McClurg

A little off topic, but I personally like the history of the MS 95 state champion future accolades.  Only hope my boy can continue a tradition some day:

2016: Drake Campbell

2015: Asa Garcia

2014: Mason Miranda

2013: Colten Commings

2012: CJ Red

2011: Tommy Cash

2010: seems to be missing from track

2009: Tommy Forte

track doesn't seem to have any history further back

Wow.... I think we have 11x HS State Champs and counting just from this weight class .

Whose won middle school state 2 or 3 times?

Brayton Lee 3X

Drew Hughes 3x

Nick Lee 2x?

Trey Lane 2x and 1 runner up

Mason Miranda 2x

Mason Parris 2x and a 5th

Colton Cummings 2x

Evan Ellis 2x

Nick Lee 2x

Bryca Baumgartner 2x

Asa Garcia with a 1,2, and 3 finish

Blake Rypel with a 1,3 and 3 finish

Kyle Shaffer with a 2, 1, and 4 finish

Alec Viduya also finished 1,2,3

I just wanted to make sure to point out on the flyer the area where it talks about this event being the qualifier for middle school national duals.  This trip usually went to Danville in April but the last couple of years the competition level was declining to the point that last year there were about 14 teams from 6 states (4 ILL, 2 IN, 3 NE, 2 KY, 2 OH & 1 GA) not much of a national dual as the 2 Indiana teams ended up wrestling each other for 5/6 placement.

This year we have elected to take the 2 IN middle school teams to the Heartland Duals 4-13,14,15 in Council Bluffs Iowa.  The elementary teams have gone to this tournament for last several years and their middle school division has grown to last year having 38 teams from at least 20 different states.  This is a bigger tournament and a better level of competition which is what our kids want in the end.

The cost of the trip ($205) is less than last year due to the merge with the elementary for total #'s and the ability to get the hotel room comps for most coaches from the Iowa Visitors Bureau.

I get that this is a farther drive but after attending this tournament for the last several years for the Elementary age kids I can tell you that other than Virginia Beach Duals there is not a tournament that will push and test your kids level of abilities better in the country than this one.  The venue is a beautiful place and the hotel is on venue site (literally walk to venue).  There are several of things in the area to do during down time for the parents and you will not regret making this trip nor will your wrestlers !!!!

I will be at Middle School State next weekend at the awards area helping to hand out the plaques and medals to the state placers.  I will also be handing out the packets to the qualifying wrestlers (1st and 2nd place winners of each weight class) and taking deposits for the trip so please bring cash, check or credit card and be willing to secure your wrestlers spot on the teams at that time. 

Lastly if your wrestler finishes in 3rd or lower place and you are interested in being an alternate for the trip should a higher placing wrestler decline please make sure to speak to me and provide me with all of your contact information so I can get a hold of you to fill the spot if this is the case.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the below listed number to further discuss (Unless your name is Joe C.....LOL).

edit to include #TheCounty and shout out to my guy UncleJimmy (Friend of #TheCounty)

Edited by JMILL

I just wanted to make sure to point out on the flyer the area where it talks about this event being the qualifier for middle school national duals.  This trip usually went to Danville in April but the last couple of years the competition level was declining to the point that last year there were about 14 teams from 6 states (4 ILL, 2 IN, 3 NE, 2 KY, 2 OH & 1 GA) not much of a national dual as the 2 Indiana teams ended up wrestling each other for 5/6 placement.

This year we have elected to take the 2 IN middle school teams to the Heartland Duals 4-13,14,15 in Council Bluffs Iowa.  The elementary teams have gone to this tournament for last several years and their middle school division has grown to last year having 38 teams from at least 20 different states.  This is a bigger tournament and a better level of competition which is what our kids want in the end.

The cost of the trip ($205) is less than last year due to the merge with the elementary for total #'s and the ability to get the hotel room comps for most coaches from the Iowa Visitors Bureau.

I get that this is a farther drive but after attending this tournament for the last several years for the Elementary age kids I can tell you that other than Virginia Beach Duals there is not a tournament that will push and test your kids level of abilities better in the country than this one.  The venue is a beautiful place and the hotel is on venue site (literally walk to venue).  There are several of things in the area to do during down time for the parents and you will not regret making this trip nor will your wrestlers !!!!

I will be at Middle School State next weekend at the awards area helping to hand out the plaques and medals to the state placers.  I will also be handing out the packets to the qualifying wrestlers (1st and 2nd place winners of each weight class) and taking deposits for the trip so please bring cash, check or credit card and be willing to secure your wrestlers spot on the teams at that time. 

Lastly if your wrestler finishes in 3rd or lower place and you are interested in being an alternate for the trip should a higher placing wrestler decline please make sure to speak to me and provide me with all of your contact information so I can get a hold of you to fill the spot if this is the case.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the below listed number to further discuss (Unless your name is Joe C.....LOL).

edit to include #TheCounty and shout out to my guy UncleJimmy (Friend of #TheCounty)

Be advised that this tournament is during the crucial time period when your wrestlers have to get their freestyle qualifications in.  Another thing to remember is USA nationals is the weekend before, so that is 2 ISWA promoted events that will be taking away from your child's opportunity to qualify for freestyle state. It is more important to get a couple freestyle matches in over pushing and testing your wrestlers abilities.  Also don't plan on attending Flo Nationals, NUWAY nationals, Ohio TOC, Viper Pit Duals, or attending the NCAA's(in St Louis) because you need to get your qualifications in. #centralregionals

In 2003 it was held at New Castle and called the "MS Duals National Qualifier".  The tournament was started in response to the Indiana Bad Boys team put together by Kevin English which took 2nd place at the MS National Duals in 2002.  The ISWA didn't like that an Indiana team was having success that they weren't sponsoring, so they created this tournament in 2003 so they could control who was on the team that went to Danville.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.