WrestleStat Rankings Week 13

Here's this weeks rankings installment.

Darian Cruz moved up 3 spots to finish at #3 at 125 after knocking of undefeated #2 Joey Dance, and then turned around and beat Conor Youtsey.

Zahid Valencia moves into the #2 spot at 174 after knocking off #12 Zac Brunson and moving his undefeated record to 28 - 0, while Epperly (formerly #2) takes a loss to Ryan Preisch to slide down into the #3 spot.

At 285, Jacob Kasper made a big jump up moving 10 spots to finish at #11. Kasper has ripped off 17 wins in a row, including his most recent upset win coming over #4 Ty Walz (which was by MD).

Both North Carolina State and Central Michigan received a bump of 6 spots to finish at #11 and #13 respectively, while Iowa State moved down 6 spots to end up at #19 in the rankings.

No real significant changins in the tournament rankings this week, except for Duke getting a nice boost moving up 19 spots, obviously with help from Jacob Kasper's rise in the rankings.

No changes in this weeks Hodge Watch, but I will say it's getting harder and harder to argue that Dean should not be the clear favorite right now. The Hodge algorithm will need to some work in the offseason because Dean has a better track record to justify the trophy over Retherford.

Gabe Dean, the #1 184 pounder in the country, wrestling in the toughest weight class, is STILL leading Division I wrestlers with 17 falls to date.

Note: you'll notice that wrestlers that have not wrestled any matches are still in the rankings this week. I got selfish over the last week and implemented the "Other Seasons" feature for schools and wrestlers instead of tweaking the rankings. Maybe at this point in the season, I should just leave it as-is; what do you think?