Jarred Brooks to fight at UFC 208.

Caleb Spires

Please look up the history of his cancelled fights, the majority were due to his opponent or legitimate injuries

I have seen it. Looked into McCall once I heard Brooks was fighting him. I did the research, may not have been his fault for all of the scrapped bouts. Regardless I still think that many dropped bouts is uncalled for. How bad of luck can the guy have?

I have seen it. Looked into McCall once I heard Brooks was fighting him. I did the research, may not have been his fault for all of the scrapped bouts. Regardless I still think that many dropped bouts is uncalled for. How bad of luck can the guy have?

Well, you could argue that just two of the cancellations were possibly weight cut related, this one and the "viral infection" for the lineker bout, which supposedly started before his weight cut. I would argue he has just had bad luck, have seen how many high profile fights have been cancelled in the last 5 years or so due to injury? It has become much more common.

But I thought he had nutritionists and dieticians, plus losing weight is his job? Now you admit that 2 of his fights were weight related? Do you Ike to argue for the sake of arguing? You'd get along well with my wife!

I said you could argue, certainly nothing definitive. Johnny Hendricks, former okie national champ, recently missed weight badly, surely you've heard of him. A guy like that must have a nutritionist, no? It helps greatly but guarantees nothing when you are cutting big weight. Speaking of wives, I feel like I'm arguing with mine, try to follow along now. If you don't know the sport you're speaking of, walk away.

Haha. Ok speaking of Johnny Hendricks, he's missed weight 3 times, surely he realizes he gets paid to fight and has enough money to hire people to make sure he makes weight and yet 3 times he's not. Perhaps the sport you follow so closely and passionately has a problem with their weight cutting practices. Seems your argument has holes, you seem real smart, stop while I only think you're a fool, don't prove me right.

Seems normal....http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/10/12431844/cris-cyborg-shown-crying-during-brutal-weight-cut-before-ufc-debut

Haha. Ok speaking of Johnny Hendricks, he's missed weight 3 times, surely he realizes he gets paid to fight and has enough money to hire people to make sure he makes weight and yet 3 times he's not. Perhaps the sport you follow so closely and passionately has a problem with their weight cutting practices. Seems your argument has holes, you seem real smart, stop while I only think you're a fool, don't prove me right.

Since you've obviously never had to cut significant weight, (maybe a big boy?) you don't know the struggle, and that's ok. But, speaking as a former Indiana wrestler back in the day, to say mma has a major weight cutting problem and wrestling doesn't/hasn't is downright ignorant. Who's the fool?

My vote still goes to you. I never mentioned wrestling at all since we were discussing Brooks's mma fight. I mean I graduated high school at 135 pounds, so wrong again on the big guy (though I'm a tad north of 180 these days), and I cut weight but would call it a normal struggle every week, 5-10 pounds. Never missed weight and I didn't even have a team to help me make it and I didn't get paid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.