Richmond regional predictions

Bobbuck

Some matchups I'm hoping to see:

Schaefer vs. Lohrey (132)

Bane vs. Gee (Bane has dominated Gee in the past, but the Raider senior lost just 1-0 in sectional)

The biggest one, in my book will be the talented 14-year-old Silas Allred (No. 4-ranked) vs. the seasoned veteran Jake Ruberg (No. 9) at 170. That could be worth the price of admission.

Oh, and some 220 pounder is getting a little attention to. I think that Lawrenceburg kid has a real shot at getting to semistate.

152 is interesting. The 4th place finisher has a 37-7 record.

Some matchups I'm hoping to see:

Schaefer vs. Lohrey (132)

Bane vs. Gee (Bane has dominated Gee in the past, but the Raider senior lost just 1-0 in sectional)

The biggest one, in my book will be the talented 14-year-old Silas Allred (No. 4-ranked) vs. the seasoned veteran Jake Ruberg (No. 9) at 170. That could be worth the price of admission.

Oh, and some 220 pounder is getting a little attention to. I think that Lawrenceburg kid has a real shot at getting to semistate.

152 is interesting. The 4th place finisher has a 37-7 record.

Yeah 152 is superstacked.

Definitely looking forward to the possible match-ups of......

Lohrey vs Schaffer

Pugsley vs Negangard

Coffman vs Negangard

Bane vs Gee

Allred vs Ruberg

.....and many others! However, each of these young men better focus on taking 1 match at a time and not overlooking anyone. A kid to keep an eye on at 170lbs is Simmons from Knightstown. Very strong and athletic. My son (Silas Allred) has wrestled him twice this year and he's competed as well as anyone Silas has rolled with. Not real confident he quite has the skill set to get by Ruberg (my opinion).......but definitely someone to not take lightly. Simmons will undoubtedly advance, and depending on the draw......could be a very tough match-up to open with at semi-state for someone.

@145 Buck vs Roth is a tough first round match up..Buck won 8-0 the first time they wrestled but that means nothing come tournament time

This could be a good match. Roth has had some tough matches over past few weeks against Lane,Humbert, and Gosnell. All have traded wins and losses making them all better.

145 will be brutal all day.

Where is everyone's on team finishes?

Shenandoah and FC?

[quote name="FCwildcat" post="237706" timestamp="1485970805

Where is everyone's on team finishes?

Shenandoah and FC?

They'll definitely be some early match-ups that could determine the overall outcome for a Team victory! I'm obviously bias towards Shenandoah, but I think it's a 3 horse race. Can't overlook Lawrenceburg.

I think Shenandoah wins - with 8 advancing. New Castle second with 8 advancing and Franklin County third with 7. Of course, these are all complete guesses - but on paper that's what I'm sticking to.

I think Shenandoah runs away with it - having four, possibly five champs.

We appreciate your confidence. And you're right......You can never count NC out period. They're too well coached and always make necessary adjustments. Looking forward to watching Buck get after it. And the Ragle bros. & Hines bros have the opportunity to accomplish something pretty special. Edited by Perseverance

I think FC will have 9 to advance. Not gonna give a huess on champions but 7 in the championship matches. Not sure if that will get it done.

It is anyone's game to win that's for sure

My predictions for championship matches are:

Black (S) vs. Lee (FC)

Owens (NC) vs. Jaya (Rush)

Ragle (NC) vs. Boggs (SD)

Pugsley (S) vs. Negangard (EC)

Schaefer (SD) vs. Lohrey (S)

Surguy (S) vs. Humbert (FC)

Buck (NC) vs. Lane (EC)

Negangard (EC) vs. Coffman (UC)

Bane ® vs. Gee (S)

Allred (S) vs. Ruberg (L)

Rolfes (L) vs. Clark (K)

Walker (S) vs. Haagar (NE)

Parris (L) vs. Clouse (NC)

Hvy

Wisner (K) vs. Minges (EC)

No disrespect meant toward anyone. This is just my opinion and I see the individuals in the Shenandoah sectional more than I see the other guys - so it is probably slightly biased as well.

But, according to my guesses - I have Shenandoah with 7 in the finals, Lawrenceburg with 3, New Castle with 4, Franklin County with 2, East Central with 4, Richmond 1, South Dearborn 2, Union County 1, Rushville 1, Knightstown with 2 and Northeastern with 1.

Edited by grappleapple

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.