138:  2 CARR 2 NH

145:  3 CARR 1 NH

152:  3 CARR 1 NH

160:  1 CARR 3 NH

170:  4 CARR 0 NH

182:  2 CARR 2 NH

195:  1 CARR 3 NH

220:  4 CARR 0 NH

285:  3 CARR 1 NH         ****WHEREVER a Garrett kid was I predicted them to win.  As a coach when I post on here, I never pick against one of my kids.

Total  36 Carroll Sectional advancers   20 New Haven Sectional advancers

I have it 28 for New Haven and 28 for Carroll

106 I have it 2 to 2

113 again 2 to 2

120 I say new haven 3 to 1

126 2 to 2

132 here again 2 to 2

138 yes 2 to 2

145 and again 2 to 2

152 I think it will be 3 to 1 Carroll

160 This is the odd one I have all 4 new haven

170 back to 2 and 2

182 Again 2 to 2

195 Yep 2 to 2

220 3 to 1 for Carroll

285 And finally 3 to 1 Carroll

I have it 28 for New Haven and 28 for Carroll

106 I have it 2 to 2

113 again 2 to 2

120 I say new haven 3 to 1

126 2 to 2

132 here again 2 to 2

138 yes 2 to 2

145 and again 2 to 2

152 I think it will be 3 to 1 Carroll

160 This is the odd one I have all 4 new haven

170 back to 2 and 2

182 Again 2 to 2

195 Yep 2 to 2

220 3 to 1 for Carroll

285 And finally 3 to 1 Carroll

And yours probably has less bias than mine....For example..I predict Garrett with 10 Champs lol

106 SHEARER, SMITH-GOHEEN, GEORGE, REISTER

113 JUST, SCHULLER, DELANEY, SHEARER

120 RUSHING, KRIDER, MARTIN, HUMPHREY

126 ROBINSON, BYMAN, BURNS, DAMARCO  , GOING WITH BURNS OVER #1 DAVIS BECAUSE HE BEAT HIM EARLIER THIS YEAR

132 WRIGHT, STANDRIDGE,ROEMER, HAUGHT

138 LEAZIER, HICKS, HISSONG, MACIES

145 ARNEY, WYRO, AGUIRRE, LEEPER

152 REED, WOENKER, FIELDEN, LERCH

160 POTTER, JOHNSON, FISHER, LENTZ

170 JOHNSON, MINNICK, CORNEWELL, KOCKS

182 NIX, SAVIEO, MORSE, PARRETT

195 HART, THOMAS, GIGLI, GIL

220 KILGORE, MCKEEVER, AMSTUTZ, DAVIS

HWT LAWSON, AULT, LEEPER, CAMP   GOING WITH LEEPER OVER #1 WATSON BECAUSE HE HAD A WIN OVER HIM EARLIER IN THE YEAR AND I THINK HE GETS THE WIN OVER CAMP IN THEIR 5TH MEETING, THEY ALL HAVE BEEN CLOSE AND ITS 3-1 CAMP SO FAR.

True Carroll has won several in a row. Who was the last team besides Carroll to win the Carroll regional????? and When?

I would want to say Whitko off the top of my head. I remember they had some solid teams for a short stretch circa 2008-2010. 

True Carroll has won several in a row. Who was the last team besides Carroll to win the Carroll regional????? and When?

Since they went back to scoring the regional based on individual performances in 2013 Carroll has won all four regional titles.

Before that the "regional" was made up of the Carroll, New Haven, Jay County, and Delta sectionals with Bellmont and Yorktown garnering most of the titles there. The last Carroll sectional team to win a regional was Columbia City in 2007. New Haven won in 2008 when it was the New Haven and Carroll 1's and 2's that battled it out. Starting in 2009 they went to the four sectional champions only advancing to team regional and shifted the Carroll and New Haven champions down south with Jay County and Delta.

New Haven winning the Regional

No offense to New Haven they have done a great job this year developing their wrestlers.  They are pretty strong up top.  My question would be are you smoking something?

New Haven winning the Regional

New Haven has some solid individuals but like a lot of teams in the area, they lack strength across all weights. Carroll has 6 sectional champs and 4 runner-up, New Haven has 5 champs and 0 runner-up. It will be hard for anyone to keep pace with Carroll as the tournament progresses. But that's why we wrestle it out, anything can happen in sports. 

I would say Dwenger, Garrett, Carroll, New Haven, and Homestead can all have 5 plus SSQ

How about this group of teams meets once a month from March through September and we each bring our top 5 kids and rotate the school where we meet (IHSAA rules permitting) and see what we can do to strengthen our regional / semi-state?

New Haven has some solid individuals but like a lot of teams in the area, they lack strength across all weights. Carroll has 6 sectional champs and 4 runner-up, New Haven has 5 champs and 0 runner-up. It will be hard for anyone to keep pace with Carroll as the tournament progresses. But that's why we wrestle it out, anything can happen in sports. 

How about this group of teams meets once a month from March through September and we each bring our top 5 kids and rotate the school where we meet (IHSAA rules permitting) and see what we can do to strengthen our regional / semi-state?

It would be nice to figure out something to strengthen our semi state.  I would absolutely love to see more FW SS State Placers and Champions!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.