Rumph/Portage

sportsfangms

Chris Rumph looked great today versus Black. Took Black down rather easily for the first 2 1/2 minutes. Not sure about the scoring at the end of the match, we'll call it questionable at best, but Black was able to pull it out with a few big moves. Last 2 minutes belonged to Black, very entertaining match. Looking forward to seeing those 2 over the course of the next few weeks. Also wanted to give big props to Portage, it's clear that they were prepared for Black and had him off his game early. Leroy and his staff had that squad ready today. Congrats to the Red Indians. Oh and one more thought, Poynter and Triana was entertaining as well, those two should meet multiple times as well.

Da Trumpf /johny cash match was a barn burner. The ole rat believes da will split the next three. Trumpf is a lightin bolt on his feet. Ole johny better not have to count on hittin home runs. Ole Leroy and his crew will be fixin and running for next week

Jimmy Watkins always puts on a fine tournament . Boy day spent some of that Griffith money on fixin up dat football firld.

I really think we ne need to get some younger stripes out dare. After da break da ole boys lost a few steps and could not get into position. Maybe next year da should have a weight watchers menu a da hospitality room.

Mitty fine day of wraslin - lookin forward to more battles in da coming weeks. Da rest of the state sharpen your pencils and study a little. Da region boys on a mission to bring precious metal back up ole I 65.

It wasn't the fact that they were trying to take away two points from black, it was trying to get the exact scoring right. 5 takedowns and 2 escapes for rumph should be 12 points. 6 escapes 2 takesdowns and a 2 near fall count is 12.

Black never lost control after the takedown and the back points, but was called that way and rumph was given an escape and then black took him down. It's a matter of opinions I guess on that sequence

It was hard to follow in real time, I don't care who the ref was, that was hard to score and call because it was happening so fast. The fact that Rumph is such an incredible athlete and was in and out of different positions so fast it's just hard to score. I do believe the back points were earned and thought Black could have been awarded back points a second time. All in all a great match for the fans, look forward to round 2 in Black Oak on Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.