Bad officiating

BlastDouble

Just curious if anyone felt the same about the quality of officiating at the Hoosier Hill Conference this weekend in Jennings County? It was the worst I've seen this year, and to be honest, every tournament I've attended in Jennings County seems to have these same guys. I heard fans in the stands from several teams, even Jennings County, complaining. One of the officials could only get down to a knee to check pins. Most of the time he didn't even get down... Just counted back points from a standing position. In the 145 lb finals match, second overtime, top wrestler (Columbus East), bottom wrestler (Jennings County) SCRAMBLE out of bounds with seconds left on the clock, as they had much of the match. Official calls the CE wrestler on a technical for pushing out of bounds and awards the JC wrestler a point to send it into triple OT. CE wrestler eventually loses. To top it off, the second official that was on that mat goes over afterwards and hugs one of the Jennings County coaches. Appalling. Columbus East fans went a little over the top yelling, but not sure I blamed them. Officials shouldn't decide who wins. There were bad calls up and down the weights all day and all teams suffered. Jennings County hosts Sectionals next weekend. Can we all pray that they hire some new officials?

Just curious if anyone felt the same about the quality of officiating at the Hoosier Hill Conference this weekend in Jennings County? It was the worst I've seen this year, and to be honest, every tournament I've attended in Jennings County seems to have these same guys. I heard fans in the stands from several teams, even Jennings County, complaining. One of the officials could only get down to a knee to check pins. Most of the time he didn't even get down... Just counted back points from a standing position. In the 145 lb finals match, second overtime, top wrestler (Columbus East), bottom wrestler (Jennings County) SCRAMBLE out of bounds with seconds left on the clock, as they had much of the match. Official calls the CE wrestler on a technical for pushing out of bounds and awards the JC wrestler a point to send it into triple OT. CE wrestler eventually loses. To top it off, the second official that was on that mat goes over afterwards and hugs one of the Jennings County coaches. Appalling. Columbus East fans went a little over the top yelling, but not sure I blamed them. Officials shouldn't decide who wins. There were bad calls up and down the weights all day and all teams suffered. Jennings County hosts Sectionals next weekend. Can we all pray that they hire some new officials?

You did forget to mention that immediately at the conclusion of match I was told the referee went over and hugged the Jennings coach .. (super weird ) maybe a conflict of interest ..

Not trying to upset anyone. I just was just curious if anyone felt the same way. i know this just was Conference... certainly Sectionals are more important and would call for some officials that can at least get all the way down to call a pin.

Honestly there were some questionable calls, but not much more than I see every weekend. Some we win, some we loose. A few questionable calls didn't make me feel like the whole weekend was full of bad officiating.

Maybe just more noticeable in the really close matches ..

Honestly there were some questionable calls, but not much more than I see every weekend. Some we win, some we loose. A few questionable calls didn't make me feel like the whole weekend was full of bad officiating.

Maybe just more noticeable in the really close matches ..

I'm curious why you have two different names and trying to have a conversation with yourself.

Joe , you are wrong !! not sure why you keep saying that ..

Just because two people have similar opinions doesn't mean they are the same person ..

Blast double has much better punctuation I am guessing ..

Edited by Chinwhip city

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.