Hook's SIAC Picks

hook and half

Posturing for the post season, revenge, swing matches, a tight team race and bad puns galore!  Everything you could possibly want is RIGHT HERE.  Let’s do this!

106- One of the most anticipated finals will be at 106 when Mater Dei’s Kaleb “With a K” Hinderliter should meet Castle’s Devon “Lightning” Casebolt.  MD fans liked Hinderliter’s 5-3 win at the dual meet, while Castle fans like Casebolt’s tenacity and look for the Knight to turn the tables.  The SIAC title will not settle it!  Expect these two to bang heads again, before this season ends. 

Reitz’s Wade “Sville” Schneider and North’s “Battle of” Shiloh Stasi meet in the first round. Both have put together solid freshman campaigns and could shake up the bracket.

Destiny “‘s Child” Garris, “Uno, Dos” Trey Jordan, Hunter “Fried” Rice and “Obi” Kiwan Short complete the bracket.

113- Memorial’s senior, Seth Horty “Hears a Who”, is the top dog at 113.  Horty eventually pinned Mater Dei freshman “Sugar” Kane Egli in a wild and entertaining dual meet dustup.  If Egli can get past Castle’s Brooks “Achy Breaky” Hartz, which will be no small task, he will get another shot at Horty.

Cameron “Atic-tac” Amento, Junior “The Sophomore” Ordaz and Chris “Not the Actor” Tucker will slug it out to reach the podium.

120- Castle’s Neal “Real Deal” Bealmer claims the one seed by virtue of his fall over Mater Dei’s Eli “Charles” Dickens.  Dickens has put together a stellar campaign, defeating many ranked opponents.  Dickens wants revenge; Bealmer is dangerous.

Mark Hall “Way”, Tristyn “McGregor” Connor and Ira “401K” Stasi fill out this abbreviated bracket.

126- Castle’s Carson “Whatchu Talkin Bout” Willis has quietly put together an impressive 29-1 record.  One of his victims was Mater Dei freshman Matt “Lock” Lee, in an extremely competitive match.  Look for these two to hook up in the final.

Drew “French” Horn, Christian “Stevie” Nix, Nick “Knack” Renshaw, Jacob “Shaw” Shanks and Tyler Wright “Brothers” will search for a podium route.

132- "Sweet” Kyle Luigs boasts a spotless record and a 4-2 win over Reitz’s Caleb “007” Craig.  The Blue and Grey would love to see Craig put an “L” on Luigs.  Harrison’s “North Carolina” Tarhel Brockers and Central’s Brayden “Yerhair” Bethe will meet in a tough, first round race, while Castle’s Matt “Johnny” Kincaid and Memorial’s Jayden “Hug And” Kissel meet in another toughie in the opening round.

138- Bob Harmon looks to top the podium with his Castle freshman, Robert “The Jeweler” Deters.  Mater Dei’s Nolan “Double” Weidner will meet Memorial’s Nolan Schaefer in the semis for another shot at Deters.  A single point separated the duo at the dual meet—who wants it on Saturday?  Central’s Josh “Applesauce” McIntosh and Reitz’s Clay “Mation” Wellmeier will brawl in the first round.  Sam “Tombstone” Elliot, David “Erik” Estrada and Nick “Belfast” Ireland complete the frame.

145- Mater Dei’s Joe “Cause I’m” Happe is the favorite.  Memorial’s Nolan Durcholz will get a second shot at him in the semis.  On the other side of the bracket, Reitz’s Blayd “Runner” Blair and Castle’s Jacob “Morgan” Freeman should meet in the semis.  Beau “Geste” Barrett, Javeon Edwards “Scissorhands”, John “Blues” Klus and Brennan Schutte “And Ladders” fill out 145.

152- Mater Dei’s returning state champion “Morning” Joe Lee brings his reign of terror to Paradise.  Sorry guys…it’s a race for second.  Reitz’s Kye “Cabinet” Fehrenbacher or Castle’s Clay “Chest” McNutt will have the honor.  Sam “I Am” Brockman, Dylan “AC” Carrier and “I’m Just Wild About” Harry Rodriguez will also compete for medals.

160- Castle’s Jacob “Prairie” Farmer gets the top seed, in his home gym.  North’s Shawn “P. Diddy” Coane brings his substantial gridiron talents to the mat and should meet Mater Dei’s versatile freshman Macartney “Hey Jude” Parkinson for a shot at Farmer.  Also grappling will be Colton “Spicy” Bland, Jacob “Not a Twin” Brown, Jordan Joiner “Kersee”, Andrew “Whamica” Lamica and Tylar Mitchell.

170- Memorial’s Conner “Am a Twin” Brown gets the nod for the one seed.  Harrison’s “Legs” Diamond Harris will hook up with Mater Dei’s Wyatt Montgomery in the initial round.  The winner earns a date with the winner of the match between Central’s “Mount” McKinley Kemper and Castle’s Carson “Cougar” Mohler “Camp”.  Matt “St.” Lewis, Noah “Sark” Reich and Tyler Tasa “Salad” round out weight class.

182- Central’s Kiave Guerrier “And Ives” is positioned for a deep post-season run.  In his way is Castle’s 25-4, Will Nunn “Better”.  Their final will be a good one!  Marcus Eatan “After Weigh-In”, Robbie Helfrich, Jacob Hirsch, Andrew “Dean” Koonce, Alan “Standing” Sitzman and “Peabo” Bryson Williams round out this deep bracket.

195- Memorial senior, Holden “On” Abshier gets the top-seed by his injury default win over Mater Dei’s Kurtis “Call of The” Wilderman—his only blemish on the season.  Zakeith “Jefferson” Davis, Kevante “Big Un” Guerrier, Daveiontae Hughes, Nick “Got Questions” Query, Leighton “Dark Knight” Reisinger and Will “Rocken” Rolley all look to earn ribbons.

220- Mater Dei’s Michael “Cowboy” Boots’ 18-2 record captured him the top seed.  Castle’s Brennan “Stormin” Norman and Memorial’s Jacob “Cole” Sulawske will duke it out in the bottom bracket. “North” Dakota Devine, Evan “Sville” Gallaty, Ryan “Dropt” Heldt, Luke “I Need A” Huggins and Jeremiah “Bullfrog” Jenkins look to end their day on the podium.

285- Memorial’s Alex “Trebeck” Lichlyter brings an eye-popping 21-1 record to Newburgh.  The final will be no cakewalk as Harrison’s Dhezmond Garrett or Reitz’s AJ “Hot” Moesner are both capable of upsets.  Holton “Apple” Zoss, Jackson “Priesting” Nunning, Roman “Empire” Graves and Jacob Carter will also look to collect hardware.

Best First Round Matches- Stasi/Schneider, Brockers/Bethe, McIntosh/Wellmeier

Best First Round Match- Diamond Harris vs. Wyatt Montgomery.  Montgomery’s season has been dotted by injuries, while Harris is very solid and has a good record to prove it.  Either is capable of upsets in the semi-finals…or finals.  Jump ball!

Best Semi Final Matches- Egli/Hartz, Weidner/Schaefer and Norman/Sulawske

Best Semi Final Match- Shawn Coane vs. Macartney Parkinson.  The senior, Coane, bring crazy athleticism while the freshman Parkinson brings crazy scrambles.  Hold on tight.

Best Finals Matches- Hinderliter/Casebolt, Horty/Egli, Willis/Lee and Guerrier/Nunn.

Best Finals Match- I can’t even predict the gladiators.  Pick one, in the semis, between Weidner and Schaefer.  Then, pick one of them against Deters.  All solid, all close matches; pick one.

Team Race- Mater Dei earned five one seeds while Castle claimed four.  Swing matches are at 106, 120, 126 and 138—an upset here, an injury there, stomach bug over there means that anything can happen.

Best pick of the day- Castle’s concession stand.  I would be remiss not mentioned paper plate-sized pieces of pizza and baked potatoes as big as your face.

Worst pick of the day- My puns.  My junior high English teacher read my article from last year.  She told me she wished I was still in school so she could flunk me all over again.  Donald Trump tweeted “This guy sucks…Sad” 

Posturing for the post season, revenge, swing matches, a tight team race and bad puns galore! Everything you could possibly want is RIGHT HERE. Let’s do this!

106- One of the most anticipated finals will be at 106 when Mater Dei’s Kaleb “With a K” Hinderliter should meet Castle’s Devon “Lightning” Casebolt. MD fans liked Hinderliter’s 5-3 win at the dual meet, while Castle fans like Casebolt’s tenacity and look for the Knight to turn the tables. The SIAC title will not settle it! Expect these two to bang heads again, before this season ends.

Reitz’s Wade “Sville” Schneider and North’s “Battle of” Shiloh Stasi meet in the first round. Both have put together solid freshman campaigns and could shake up the bracket.

Destiny “‘s Child” Garris, “Uno, Dos” Trey Jordan, Hunter “Fried” Rice and “Obi” Kiwan Short complete the bracket.

113- Memorial’s senior, Seth Horty “Hears a Who”, is the top dog at 113. Horty eventually pinned Mater Dei freshman “Sugar” Kane Egli in a wild and entertaining dual meet dustup. If Egli can get past Castle’s Brooks “Achy Breaky” Hartz, which will be no small task, he will get another shot at Horty.

Cameron “Atic-tac” Amento, Junior “The Sophomore” Ordaz and Chris “Not the Actor” Tucker will slug it out to reach the podium.

120- Castle’s Neal “Real Deal” Bealmer claims the one seed by virtue of his fall over Mater Dei’s Eli “Charles” Dickens. Dickens has put together a stellar campaign, defeating many ranked opponents. Dickens wants revenge; Bealmer is dangerous.

Mark Hall “Way”, Tristyn “McGregor” Connor and Ira “401K” Stasi fill out this abbreviated bracket.

126- Castle’s Carson “Whatchu Talkin Bout” Willis has quietly put together an impressive 29-1 record. One of his victims was Mater Dei freshman Matt “Lock” Lee, in an extremely competitive match. Look for these two to hook up in the final.

Drew “French” Horn, Christian “Stevie” Nix, Nick “Knack” Renshaw, Jacob “Shaw” Shanks and Tyler Wright “Brothers” will search for a podium route.

132- "Sweet” Kyle Luigs boasts a spotless record and a 4-2 win over Reitz’s Caleb “007” Craig. The Blue and Grey would love to see Craig put an “L” on Luigs. Harrison’s “North Carolina” Tarhel Brockers and Central’s Brayden “Yerhair” Bethe will meet in a tough, first round race, while Castle’s Matt “Johnny” Kincaid and Memorial’s Jayden “Hug And” Kissel meet in another toughie in the opening round.

138- Bob Harmon looks to top the podium with his Castle freshman, Robert “The Jeweler” Deters. Mater Dei’s Nolan “Double” Weidner will meet Memorial’s Nolan Schaefer in the semis for another shot at Deters. A single point separated the duo at the dual meet—who wants it on Saturday? Central’s Josh “Applesauce” McIntosh and Reitz’s Clay “Mation” Wellmeier will brawl in the first round. Sam “Tombstone” Elliot, David “Erik” Estrada and Nick “Belfast” Ireland complete the frame.

145- Mater Dei’s Joe “Cause I’m” Happe is the favorite. Memorial’s Nolan Durcholz will get a second shot at him in the semis. On the other side of the bracket, Reitz’s Blayd “Runner” Blair and Castle’s Jacob “Morgan” Freeman should meet in the semis. Beau “Geste” Barrett, Javeon Edwards “Scissorhands”, John “Blues” Klus and Brennan Schutte “And Ladders” fill out 145.

152- Mater Dei’s returning state champion “Morning” Joe Lee brings his reign of terror to Paradise. Sorry guys…it’s a race for second. Reitz’s Kye “Cabinet” Fehrenbacher or Castle’s Clay “Chest” McNutt will have the honor. Sam “I Am” Brockman, Dylan “AC” Carrier and “I’m Just Wild About” Harry Rodriguez will also compete for medals.

160- Castle’s Jacob “Prairie” Farmer gets the top seed, in his home gym. North’s Shawn “P. Diddy” Coane brings his substantial gridiron talents to the mat and should meet Mater Dei’s versatile freshman Macartney “Hey Jude” Parkinson for a shot at Farmer. Also grappling will be Colton “Spicy” Bland, Jacob “Not a Twin” Brown, Jordan Joiner “Kersee”, Andrew “Whamica” Lamica and Tylar Mitchell.

170- Memorial’s Conner “Am a Twin” Brown gets the nod for the one seed. Harrison’s “Legs” Diamond Harris will hook up with Mater Dei’s Wyatt Montgomery in the initial round. The winner earns a date with the winner of the match between Central’s “Mount” McKinley Kemper and Castle’s Carson “Cougar” Mohler “Camp”. Matt “St.” Lewis, Noah “Sark” Reich and Tyler Tasa “Salad” round out weight class.

182- Central’s Kiave Guerrier “And Ives” is positioned for a deep post-season run. In his way is Castle’s 25-4, Will Nunn “Better”. Their final will be a good one! Marcus Eatan “After Weigh-In”, Robbie Helfrich, Jacob Hirsch, Andrew “Dean” Koonce, Alan “Standing” Sitzman and “Peabo” Bryson Williams round out this deep bracket.

195- Memorial senior, Holden “On” Abshier gets the top-seed by his injury default win over Mater Dei’s Kurtis “Call of The” Wilderman—his only blemish on the season. Zakeith “Jefferson” Davis, Kevante “Big Un” Guerrier, Daveiontae Hughes, Nick “Got Questions” Query, Leighton “Dark Knight” Reisinger and Will “Rocken” Rolley all look to earn ribbons.

220- Mater Dei’s Michael “Cowboy” Boots’ 18-2 record captured him the top seed. Castle’s Brennan “Stormin” Norman and Memorial’s Jacob “Cole” Sulawske will duke it out in the bottom bracket. “North” Dakota Devine, Evan “Sville” Gallaty, Ryan “Dropt” Heldt, Luke “I Need A” Huggins and Jeremiah “Bullfrog” Jenkins look to end their day on the podium.

285- Memorial’s Alex “Trebeck” Lichlyter brings an eye-popping 21-1 record to Newburgh. The final will be no cakewalk as Harrison’s Dhezmond Garrett or Reitz’s AJ “Hot” Moesner are both capable of upsets. Holton “Apple” Zoss, Jackson “Priesting” Nunning, Roman “Empire” Graves and Jacob Carter will also look to collect hardware.

Best First Round Matches- Stasi/Schneider, Brockers/Bethe, McIntosh/Wellmeier

Best First Round Match- Diamond Harris vs. Wyatt Montgomery. Montgomery’s season has been dotted by injuries, while Harris is very solid and has a good record to prove it. Either is capable of upsets in the semi-finals…or finals. Jump ball!

Best Semi Final Matches- Egli/Hartz, Weidner/Schaefer and Norman/Sulawske

Best Semi Final Match- Shawn Coane vs. Macartney Parkinson. The senior, Coane, bring crazy athleticism while the freshman Parkinson brings crazy scrambles. Hold on tight.

Best Finals Matches- Hinderliter/Casebolt, Horty/Egli, Willis/Lee and Guerrier/Nunn.

Best Finals Match- I can’t even predict the gladiators. Pick one, in the semis, between Weidner and Schaefer. Then, pick one of them against Deters. All solid, all close matches; pick one.

Team Race- Mater Dei earned five one seeds while Castle claimed four. Swing matches are at 106, 120, 126 and 138—an upset here, an injury there, stomach bug over there means that anything can happen.

Best pick of the day- Castle’s concession stand. I would be remiss not mentioned paper plate-sized pieces of pizza and baked potatoes as big as your face.

Worst pick of the day- My puns. My junior high English teacher read my article from last year. She told me she wished I was still in school so she could flunk me all over again. Donald Trump tweeted “This guy sucks…Sad”

This is always interesting to read..

Hey hook,

I love reading these nicknames. Any chance you could maybe give the top 7 or so ranked guys in each weight class nicknames? You've already done quite a few of them. Or do the state tournament picks? Thanks. A few of my favorite ones were probably “North Carolina” Tarhel Brockers and John "Blues" Klus and Jordan Joiner “Kersee" great job.

Finals are set as follows:

106 - Kaleb Hinderliter (MD) 20-5 vs. Devon Casebolt (CA) 23-2         Casebolt (CA) wins by Fall 3:13 (was up 7-0)

113 - Seth Horty (EM) 30-4 vs. Kane Egli (MD) 20-6                             Horty (EM)  Dec 6-5

120 - Neal Bealmer (CA) 23-3 vs. Eli Dickens (MD) 19-3                      Dickens (MD)  Maj Dec 20-8 

126 - Carson Willis (CA) 31-1 vs. Matt Lee (MD) 16-3                           Matt Lee (MD)  Dec 7-3

132 - Kyle Luigs (MD) 23-0 vs. Caleb Craig (ER) 28-7                          Luigs (MD) wins by Fall 2:56 (was up 18-4)

138 - Robert Deters (CA) 25-8 vs. Nolan Weidner (MD) 16-8                *Deters (CA) Dec 3-1

145 - Joe Happe (MD) 18-7 vs. William Blair (ER) 30-7                         Blair (ER) Dec 6-4 SV-1

152 - Joe Lee (MD) 20-0 vs. Clay McNutt (CA) 24-9                              Joe Lee (MD) wins by Fall 2:10 (was up 13-1)

160 - Jacob Farmer (CA) 27-6 vs. Macartney Parkinson (MD) 22-4      Farmer (CA) wins by Fall 1:28 (was up 2-0, I think?)

170 - Conner Brown (EM) 27-6 vs. Carson Mohler (CA) 22-9                **Mohler (CA) Dec 5-4

182 - Kiave Guerrier (EC) 30-3 vs. Will Nunn (CA) 27-4                        Guerrier (EC) Dec 7-5

195 - Holden Abshier (EM) 21-5 vs. Kurtis Wilderman (MD) 17-1          Wilderman (MD) Dec 5-0

220 - Michael Boots (MD) 20-2 vs. Brennan Norman (CA) 25-9            Boots (MD) wins by Fall 3:51 (was 11-0)

285 - Alex Lichlyter (EM) 23-1 vs. Dhezmond Garrett (EH) 28-9           Lichlyter (EM) wins by Fall 1:24  (TW showed 0-0)

*It appeared Deters at 138 won on a last second take down.  TW showed the score 1-1 then changed it with 4 or 5 seconds to go.

**The 170 match must have had a wild ending.  Track had it 4-4 late.  Showed an escape for Mohler, then a take down to make it 7-4.  Then at :15 showed 8-4 on a misconduct penalty.  Then the penalty was gone and a few seconds later the take down was gone and the score ended up 5-4.

Edited by SWINfan

1st period

Takedown Dickens

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

2nd Period 8-3 Dickens

Dickens choices neutral

Dickens takedown

Bealmear escape

Takedown Dickens

Stall warning Bealmear

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

3rd period 16-6 Dickens

Bealmear choices down

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

Escape Bealmear

Takedown Dickens

Winner Dickens 20-8

1st period

Lee takedown

Escape Willis

2nd period Lee 2-1

Lee choice down

Lee escape

Lee takedown

3rd period Lee 5-1

Willis choices down

Willis escapes

Takedown Lee

Escape Willis

Winner Lee 7-3

Luigs takedown

Escape Craig

Takedown Luigs

Near fall 2

Escape Craig

Takedown Luigs

Near fall 3

Escape craig

Takedown Luigs

Escape Craig

2nd period Luigs 13-4

Luigs choices down

Revereal Luigs

Near fall 3

Pin

Winner Luigs

1st period

Lee takedown

Escape Willis

2nd period Lee 2-1

Lee choice down

Lee escape

Lee takedown

3rd period Lee 5-1

Willis choices down

Willis escapes

Takedown Lee

Escape Willis

Winner Lee 7-3

Luigs takedown

Escape Craig

Takedown Luigs

Near fall 2

Escape Craig

Takedown Luigs

Near fall 3

Escape craig

Takedown Luigs

Escape Craig

2nd period Luigs 13-4

Luigs choices down

Revereal Luigs

Near fall 3

Pin

Winner Luigs

I thought today's tournament was really good and a good showing by all the teams..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.