North central 120

kman

It took me a while to figure out what you're talking about because North Central is a high school and you could have been referring to a tournament at their place or the sectional that they're in. Got it now.  North Central Conference

#'s 7, 10, and 14 at 120 are the 2, 3, 4 seeds and #9 at 126, Anderson of Lafayette Jeff, moves down to 120 and comes in as the #1 seed

Edited by maligned

Re 120: What a weight class! 3 of the 4 SQs in that conf come to the EC SS, which is interesting, since the NCC is generally thought of as a central Indiana league. Each of the 3 regionals up here have 3 very good 120s. 3 or 4 are SQs. So there will likely be at least 6 SQs/Placers at 120 in the EC SS. Wow! Should be fun to watch.

If this is the NCC conference, the Scholar has to give his opinion on this:

Logansport will have the fireworks this weekend.   I count 7 returning state qualifiers and some other good wrestlers.   3 years since the Tippecanoe county schools got pink slipped out of the HCC  The NCC was kind enough to pick them up.   The last two years ,NCC new comers Harrison and Lafayette have dominated the conference and the competitions have provided some drama in deciding the outcome.   Harrison narrowly has won them both.       This is the largest geographic conference and has representation in 3 semi-states.   Some schools have some good dual records coming in with Harrison at 39-3, Jeff at 24-3,  Marion at 20-2 and McCutcheon at 16-13.

Heres the predictions:

Locks:

152 Clay Jones - Lafayette Jeff and in the #8 spot at state  (Glenn and Ruble will fight for distant 2nd)

160 Alston Bane-    #2 in state Bane all day.  Adkins in second looking to not get pinned in the finals

220- Donnie Crider-   #4 in state and tallest ranked guy.  Fox from Kokomo could be dangerous, but Criders leverage is a mismatch..

285 Gabe Watkins - Experienced Senior outclasses the field.

Almost Lock:

170 Krintz- Harrison  #4 in the EC-   Dominated Fair for Jeff in the dual.  Maybe closer this time but Krintz has too much and will be wearing his Red Cobra outfit  after the match

Strong Favorites:

126  Cody Betourne #6 in the EC will bring his athletic show.  #7 Gibson from Marion might make it close, but I predict Betourne will be doing some of his patented flips after the match.

182  Deshaun Barbary   #8 in the FW-  weight class dominated by Harrison wrestlers the last two years:)  Athletic Barbary will be two much for upstart Seth Jones of Jeff.

113- Josh Wade Harrison  The quiet but tough Wade should get the medal, but wont be easy with the winner of the Burge Patrick match.

Not giving many points:

132= Strother from Harrison  - Sr Strother  will use his mental toughnes and find a way to sofve the winner of Burge and McCoy.

Toss Up:

145 _ Wide open:  Whoever shows up and wants it will get the reward.  Young from Muncie Central,  Paydon from Logansport and Conklin could be looking down at each other on the Podium.   Gaige from Jeff could be a darkhorse.

106-   Young Denison from Anderson is the #1 seed,  seed migh hold but I could see Brubaker from McCutcheon blowing this up.  Johnson from Marion has a shot.

195- Probably Barron from Jeff.  Herrera and Lee are both capable and a good one to see in Semis; 

138 Trevino will have a tough semi,  but wouldn't be surprised to see Merkel pull the upset but Merkel is still young and sometimes inconstent    Will be a close match.  This whole bracket could blow up.

Must see:

120-  This is hyped enough.   But don't go to the concession stand to get your famous Logansport Nachos or the John until after this weight.

#7 Wright from Kokomo,   State placer and #10 Johnson from Logansport and #14 McCartney from Harrison will take on #9 at 126 who for some reason just decided to drop to 120.   Good for the fan anyway.

I might go with Johnson as he's shown to have a little more success in big matches.   Anderson will be tough, and Athletic Wright is a stud.     Tough draw for McCartney, but I know he's actually liking it as he's the kid that searches out the best competition.

For the team:  Just like in past years, Harrison has too much depth and firepower.   Jeff is Salty  andwill keep it close to the end.  Marion is much improved and will score some points, and maybe keep it interesting, but Harrison makes it 3 in a row.

Great analysis. I agree with everything for the most part, but I will have to give the edge to Anderson, just because he beat wright, and wright beat Johnson this year. I do see Johnson avenging his loss to wright though. It will be a great day of wrestling for sure.

Some Muncie Central wrestlers to keep an eye on:

145 Eli Young... only losses are to Winner of Jay County and Buck of New Castle

160 PheAndre Wells ....  he is a big move wrestler and beats a lot of kids he has no business beating

170 Kai-man Hayden... if Fair overlooks him he may find himself wrestling for 3rd

HW Nate Dunn ... very athletic HW who looks great in spurts....so hopefully Saturday will be a good spurt...

If this is the NCC conference, the Scholar has to give his opinion on this:

Logansport will have the fireworks this weekend.   I count 7 returning state qualifiers and some other good wrestlers.   3 years since the Tippecanoe county schools got pink slipped out of the HCC  The NCC was kind enough to pick them up.   The last two years ,NCC new comers Harrison and Lafayette have dominated the conference and the competitions have provided some drama in deciding the outcome.   Harrison narrowly has won them both.       This is the largest geographic conference and has representation in 3 semi-states.   Some schools have some good dual records coming in with Harrison at 39-3, Jeff at 24-3,  Marion at 20-2 and McCutcheon at 16-13.

Heres the predictions:

Locks:

152 Clay Jones - Lafayette Jeff and in the #8 spot at state  (Glenn and Ruble will fight for distant 2nd)

160 Alston Bane-    #2 in state Bane all day.  Adkins in second looking to not get pinned in the finals

220- Donnie Crider-   #4 in state and tallest ranked guy.  Fox from Kokomo could be dangerous, but Criders leverage is a mismatch..

285 Gabe Watkins - Experienced Senior outclasses the field.

Almost Lock:

170 Krintz- Harrison  #4 in the EC-   Dominated Fair for Jeff in the dual.  Maybe closer this time but Krintz has too much and will be wearing his Red Cobra outfit  after the match

Strong Favorites:

126  Cody Betourne #6 in the EC will bring his athletic show.  #7 Gibson from Marion might make it close, but I predict Betourne will be doing some of his patented flips after the match.

182  Deshaun Barbary   #8 in the FW-  weight class dominated by Harrison wrestlers the last two years:)  Athletic Barbary will be two much for upstart Seth Jones of Jeff.

113- Josh Wade Harrison  The quiet but tough Wade should get the medal, but wont be easy with the winner of the Burge Patrick match.

Not giving many points:

132= Strother from Harrison  - Sr Strother  will use his mental toughnes and find a way to sofve the winner of Burge and McCoy.

Toss Up:

145 _ Wide open:  Whoever shows up and wants it will get the reward.  Young from Muncie Central,  Paydon from Logansport and Conklin could be looking down at each other on the Podium.   Gaige from Jeff could be a darkhorse.

106-   Young Denison from Anderson is the #1 seed,  seed migh hold but I could see Brubaker from McCutcheon blowing this up.  Johnson from Marion has a shot.

195- Probably Barron from Jeff.  Herrera and Lee are both capable and a good one to see in Semis; 

138 Trevino will have a tough semi,  but wouldn't be surprised to see Merkel pull the upset but Merkel is still young and sometimes inconstent    Will be a close match.  This whole bracket could blow up.

Must see:

120-  This is hyped enough.   But don't go to the concession stand to get your famous Logansport Nachos or the John until after this weight.

#7 Wright from Kokomo,   State placer and #10 Johnson from Logansport and #14 McCartney from Harrison will take on #9 at 126 who for some reason just decided to drop to 120.   Good for the fan anyway.

I might go with Johnson as he's shown to have a little more success in big matches.   Anderson will be tough, and Athletic Wright is a stud.     Tough draw for McCartney, but I know he's actually liking it as he's the kid that searches out the best competition.

For the team:  Just like in past years, Harrison has too much depth and firepower.   Jeff is Salty  andwill keep it close to the end.  Marion is much improved and will score some points, and maybe keep it interesting, but Harrison makes it 3 in a row.

Agree with you on most but have a few things to add in.

1. 152, 160, and 220 is a lock but 285 is in the air.... I'd take the field over Watkins here as Muncie, Harrison, and Jeff all have good enough kids to win it (Dunn of Muncie Central is my pick in this fairly even weight class)

2. Krintz is the heavy favorite on paper from Harrison but I expect the semi-final winner of Jeff and Muncie to give Krintz a better match than most people would see coming

3. I agree with your analysis and the favorites to win 113, 126, and 182 (but don't overlook senior Bowling of Tech at 113, he's always a tough matchup)

4. I agree with 106 and 195 but I think at 138 the whole bracket will blow up (On the top half I would take the field over Marion and the bottom half has 3 strong contenders in Harrison, Jeff, and Muncie but I could see the 6th seed Cooper making a tough finals run from Muncie) 

Also, 145 is a toss up on paper but I believe that the finalists will have a heated matchup between Young of Muncie and Conklin of Harrison (My money is on Young)

5. 120 is the premiere weight class by far and my pick is an Anderson vs. Wright rematch where I think Wright gets his revenge.  I expect him to turn it on at Conference but would not be surprised to see stud Donavon Johnson blow that up!!

Overall, should be a great day of wrestling!!

Results of the NCC wrestling tournament:

106 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Willie Dennison of Anderson

2nd Place - Daylen Johnson of Marion

3rd Place - Tyler Brubaker of McCutcheon

4th Place - Sam Hein of Harrison

5th Place - Nigel Lenoir of Kokomo

6th Place - John Evans of Arsenal Tech

1st Place Match

Willie Dennison (Anderson) 19-4, Fr. over Daylen Johnson (Marion) 23-6, Fr. (Fall 0:28).

3rd Place Match

Tyler Brubaker (McCutcheon) 29-14, So. over Sam Hein (Harrison) 29-16, Fr. (Dec 7-2).

5th Place Match

Nigel Lenoir (Kokomo) 18-16, Sr. over John Evans (Arsenal Tech ) 7-11, Fr. (Fall 2:09).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Logansport) 0-1, N/A. over Edyson Alavez (Lafayette Jeff) 1-2, So. (Bye).

113 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Tyler Bowling of Arsenal Tech

2nd Place - Kenyon Patrick of Lafayette Jeff

3rd Place - Evan Burge of McCutcheon

4th Place - Josh Wade of Harrison

5th Place - Troy Smith of Marion

6th Place - KJ Williams of Anderson

1st Place Match

Tyler Bowling (Arsenal Tech ) 20-3, Sr. over Kenyon Patrick (Lafayette Jeff) 22-10, Jr. (Dec 12-6).

3rd Place Match

Evan Burge (McCutcheon) 27-12, So. over Josh Wade (Harrison) 41-5, Jr. (Dec 6-2).

5th Place Match

Troy Smith (Marion) 26-7, Fr. over KJ Williams (Anderson) 23-10, Fr. (Fall 4:29).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Logansport) 0-1, N/A. over Robert Marrs (Muncie Central) 6-19, Jr. (Bye).

120 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Jabin Wright of Kokomo

2nd Place - Jon Anderson of Lafayette Jeff

3rd Place - Donovan Johnson of Logansport

4th Place - Trey McCartney of Harrison

5th Place - Brody Pickering of Anderson

6th Place - Malik Laing of Arsenal Tech

1st Place Match

Jabin Wright (Kokomo) 27-1, Sr. over Jon Anderson (Lafayette Jeff) 36-1, Sr. (Dec 3-2).

3rd Place Match

Donovan Johnson (Logansport) 22-2, Sr. over Trey McCartney (Harrison) 41-4, Jr. (Dec 7-0).

5th Place Match

Brody Pickering (Anderson) 26-7, Sr. over Malik Laing (Arsenal Tech ) 16-9, Jr. (Dec 4-3).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Richmond) 0-1, N/A. over Justyce Walker (Muncie Central) 3-6, Fr. (Bye).

126 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Cody Betourne of Harrison

2nd Place - Jaylon Gibson of Marion

3rd Place - Daniel Korrie of Arsenal Tech

4th Place - Brian Huesca of McCutcheon

5th Place - Cameron Worley of Lafayette Jeff

6th Place - K.D. Williams of Anderson

1st Place Match

Cody Betourne (Harrison) 42-2, So. over Jaylon Gibson (Marion) 32-3, Sr. (Fall 5:12).

3rd Place Match

Daniel Korrie (Arsenal Tech ) 14-7, Sr. over Brian Huesca (McCutcheon) 10-11, So. (Dec 7-1).

5th Place Match

Cameron Worley (Lafayette Jeff) 18-4, So. over K.D. Williams (Anderson) 9-11, Fr. (SV-1 9-7).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Richmond) 0-1, N/A. over Jesse Dominguez (Logansport) 15-7, Sr. (Bye).

132 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Lucas McCoy of Lafayette Jeff

2nd Place - James Strother of Harrison

3rd Place - AJ Salas of Logansport

4th Place - Christian Chavez of Anderson

5th Place - Joel Barnes of Marion

6th Place - Rolando Olvera of Arsenal Tech

1st Place Match

Lucas McCoy (Lafayette Jeff) 25-8, Sr. over James Strother (Harrison) 31-8, Sr. (Dec 6-2).

3rd Place Match

AJ Salas (Logansport) 16-8, Jr. over Christian Chavez (Anderson) 19-10, Fr. (Dec 7-0).

5th Place Match

Joel Barnes (Marion) 12-6, So. over Rolando Olvera (Arsenal Tech ) 9-8, Sr. (Dec 3-2).

Cons. Champ Match

Kevin Logan (Kokomo) 0-7, So. over Clayton Mcfarland (Richmond) 14-21, So. (Bye).

138 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Lorenzo Trevino of Marion

2nd Place - Emmanuel Carter of Arsenal Tech

3rd Place - Drew Linder of McCutcheon

4th Place - Rafael Lopez of Kokomo

5th Place - Jerrell Deloney of Richmond

6th Place - Adan Magallanes of Lafayette Jeff

1st Place Match

Lorenzo Trevino (Marion) 30-6, Sr. over Emmanuel Carter (Arsenal Tech ) 11-6, Sr. (Fall 3:41).

3rd Place Match

Drew Linder (McCutcheon) 22-14, Jr. over Rafael Lopez (Kokomo) 9-19, Sr. (Dec 7-1).

5th Place Match

Jerrell Deloney (Richmond) 23-17, Jr. over Adan Magallanes (Lafayette Jeff) 26-12, Jr. (Dec 6-5).

Cons. Champ Match

Brock Merkel (Harrison) 32-10, So. over Charlie O`Connor (Logansport) 5-14, Fr. (Bye).

145 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Owen Conklin of Harrison

2nd Place - Eliseus Young of Muncie Central

3rd Place - Charles Bodies of Arsenal Tech

4th Place - Paydon Thomas of Logansport

5th Place - Gaige Lucas of Lafayette Jeff

6th Place - Darren Lathrop of McCutcheon

1st Place Match

Owen Conklin (Harrison) 37-7, Jr. over Eliseus Young (Muncie Central) 17-3, Jr. (Dec 14-11).

3rd Place Match

Charles Bodies (Arsenal Tech ) 14-10, Sr. over Paydon Thomas (Logansport) 20-5, Jr. (Dec 6-2).

5th Place Match

Gaige Lucas (Lafayette Jeff) 18-11, Sr. over Darren Lathrop (McCutcheon) 15-13, Jr. (Inj. 0:00).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Richmond) 0-1, N/A. over Austin Johnson (Kokomo) 10-18, So. (Bye).

152 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Clay Jones of Lafayette Jeff

2nd Place - Hunter Ruble of McCutcheon

3rd Place - Bobby Glenn of Harrison

4th Place - Paxton Thomas of Logansport

5th Place - Corey Horne of Marion

6th Place - Joseph Gordley of Arsenal Tech

1st Place Match

Clay Jones (Lafayette Jeff) 35-1, Sr. over Hunter Ruble (McCutcheon) 29-8, Jr. (Fall 1:15).

3rd Place Match

Bobby Glenn (Harrison) 28-6, Jr. over Paxton Thomas (Logansport) 16-9, Sr. (MD 11-1).

5th Place Match

Corey Horne (Marion) 24-11, Jr. over Joseph Gordley (Arsenal Tech ) 13-14, So. (Dec 1-0).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Richmond) 0-1, N/A. over Issac Patrick (Anderson) 5-7, So. (Bye).

160 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Alston Bane of Richmond

2nd Place - Ethan Adkins of Lafayette Jeff

3rd Place - Dillan Franklin of Logansport

4th Place - Seth Younker of Harrison

5th Place - Thomas Schnerre of McCutcheon

6th Place - PheAndre Wills of Muncie Central

1st Place Match

Alston Bane (Richmond) 37-0, Sr. over Ethan Adkins (Lafayette Jeff) 30-6, Jr. (Dec 4-1).

3rd Place Match

Dillan Franklin (Logansport) 17-8, Jr. over Seth Younker (Harrison) 27-18, Jr. (Fall 4:55).

5th Place Match

Thomas Schnerre (McCutcheon) 4-3, Fr. over PheAndre Wills (Muncie Central) 15-13, Jr. (Fall 4:06).

Cons. Champ Match

Jamake Elkins (Arsenal Tech ) 2-17, Sr. over Arthur Lucky (Anderson) 12-14, So. (Bye).

170 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Myles Krintz of Harrison

2nd Place - Kai-Man Hayden of Muncie Central

3rd Place - Garrett Fair of Lafayette Jeff

4th Place - Carlos Lopez of McCutcheon

5th Place - Josh Manfred of Logansport

6th Place - Devon Browder of Anderson

1st Place Match

Myles Krintz (Harrison) 44-0, Jr. over Kai-Man Hayden (Muncie Central) 25-6, Sr. (Fall 3:45).

3rd Place Match

Garrett Fair (Lafayette Jeff) 23-5, Jr. over Carlos Lopez (McCutcheon) 28-13, Jr. (Dec 4-1).

5th Place Match

Josh Manfred (Logansport) 14-10, Fr. over Devon Browder (Anderson) 20-14, Jr. (Inj. 2:26).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Marion) 0-1, N/A. over Ruben Robledo (Arsenal Tech ) 1-16, So. (Bye).

182 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - DaShaun Barbary of Kokomo

2nd Place - Ethan Powell of Harrison

3rd Place - Seth Jones of Lafayette Jeff

4th Place - Charlie Macomber of Marion

5th Place - Jesus Flores of Logansport

6th Place - Jacob Calvert of Muncie Central

1st Place Match

DaShaun Barbary (Kokomo) 28-4, Sr. over Ethan Powell (Harrison) 25-19, Jr. (Dec 9-3).

3rd Place Match

Seth Jones (Lafayette Jeff) 28-4, Jr. over Charlie Macomber (Marion) 14-12, Fr. (Fall 1:52).

5th Place Match

Jesus Flores (Logansport) 3-4, Fr. over Jacob Calvert (Muncie Central) 2-6, Jr. (Fall 1:21).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Anderson) 0-1, N/A. over Forfeit FF (Arsenal Tech ) 0-2, N/A. (Bye).

195 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Gavin Herrera of Kokomo

2nd Place - Jacob Barron of Lafayette Jeff

3rd Place - Will Crider of Harrison

4th Place - Noah Davis of Anderson

5th Place - Victor Lee of Marion

6th Place - Blaine Pierce of Richmond

1st Place Match

Gavin Herrera (Kokomo) 26-6, Sr. over Jacob Barron (Lafayette Jeff) 27-6, Jr. (Dec 3-2).

3rd Place Match

Will Crider (Harrison) 33-12, Fr. over Noah Davis (Anderson) 18-9, Sr. (Fall 1:57).

5th Place Match

Victor Lee (Marion) 30-8, So. over Blaine Pierce (Richmond) 22-16, Fr. (Fall 4:24).

Cons. Champ Match

Tyrone Anthony (Arsenal Tech ) 3-7, So. over Izaiah Dunn (Muncie Central) 0-2, Fr. (Bye).

220 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Donnie Crider of Harrison

2nd Place - Nick Fox of Kokomo

3rd Place - Josh Gadd of Marion

4th Place - Nate Fouts of McCutcheon

5th Place - Venice McCullough of Anderson

6th Place - Francis Ortiz of Lafayette Jeff

1st Place Match

Donnie Crider (Harrison) 43-2, Jr. over Nick Fox (Kokomo) 28-5, Sr. (Dec 6-2).

3rd Place Match

Josh Gadd (Marion) 24-7, Sr. over Nate Fouts (McCutcheon) 2-2, So. (MD 9-1).

5th Place Match

Venice McCullough (Anderson) 24-11, So. over Francis Ortiz (Lafayette Jeff) 11-14, So. (Dec 5-3).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Richmond) 0-1, N/A. over Jaylin Harris (Arsenal Tech ) 5-13, Fr. (Bye).

285 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Gabe Watkins of Marion

2nd Place - Nate Dunn of Muncie Central

3rd Place - Kelon Williams of Lafayette Jeff

4th Place - Woodrow Coffey of Arsenal Tech

5th Place - Javias Gray of Kokomo

6th Place - Braxton Young of Logansport

1st Place Match

Gabe Watkins (Marion) 17-1, Jr. over Nate Dunn (Muncie Central) 21-8, Jr. (Fall 1:16).

3rd Place Match

Kelon Williams (Lafayette Jeff) 24-8, Jr. over Woodrow Coffey (Arsenal Tech ) 10-5, Sr. (Fall 3:31).

5th Place Match

Javias Gray (Kokomo) 7-13, So. over Braxton Young (Logansport) 16-8, Sr. (Inj. 0:00).

Cons. Champ Match

Forfeit FF (Richmond) 0-1, N/A. over William Kern (Harrison) 27-11, So. (Bye).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.