PM vs #PainTrain

UncleJimmy

Congrats to Perry Meridian. They were the better team...out wrestled us in nearly every way.

I echo Coach Wiesjahn's thoughts. Atmosphere was electric and awesome. Perry you have awesome fans, parents, and student body. They were going nuts! Really excited about wrestling them in duals in the future. Loved the spotlights, tunnel, fog machine, music.

Hopefully, we learn something from tonight.

Good luck to the Falcons.

Snyder

Great match coaches. Your guys wrestled great also and had great sportsmanship throughout the entire night. No matter the winner, that was an awesome dual meet for Indiana wrestling.
Good luck with the rest of your season.

Edited by Falcon06

Congrats to Perry Meridian. They were the better team...out wrestled us in nearly every way.

I echo Coach Wiesjahn's thoughts. Atmosphere was electric and awesome. Perry you have awesome fans, parents, and student body. They were going nuts! Really excited about wrestling them in duals in the future. Loved the spotlights, tunnel, fog machine, music.

Snyder

Nothing but class...great job tonight as well coach...

Tonight is exactly why I always loved team state coming at the end of the season...

I remember several years back when Perry beat a very good Mishawaka team @ the Belmont Super Duals, then the Cavemen gotta rematch @ team state @ Center Grove & they put it on the Falcons that day...it always seems the team that loses the 1st dual always comes in & seem to step it up a notch & get revenge the 2nd time around....

Great dual tonight down to the wire again, & I honestly think if these 2 teams wrestled 10 times it would most likely end in a 5/5 split...

#GOFALCONS

I miss Team State at the end of the year too. The Coaches Association has done an outstanding job of giving us the best we can have now. Thanks for the positive feedback, but after tonight I'd say Perry wins 7 or 8 out of 10. Very impressive. I need a counselor and sleep therapist. Perry took earned the #. Sorry to TheCounty. Lol.

Snyder - will try to sleep now....but think Falcons will be hovering over me.

Again, awesome job of making an incredible atmosphere. My bus driver said, "Coach, I know you guys lost and I'm sorry...but I've never seen a wrestling meet. (He is new to the job). When is the next "game". That was awesome!"

Snyder

This dual is a example of improving indiana's wrestling and it's following.. Two great programs and fan bases ..

Thanks

I would love to know how we can get our AD involved in our wrestling program so that our kids can get a taste of this kind of atmosphere.  You will always see him at the football/basketball games and you will see him use Twitter/Instagram but never goes to any wrestling events or mentions anything about wrestling.  Hell, really the only state champs Indian Creek has seen were from the wrestling and swimming program, one person would think they would be proud of that.  

I miss Team State at the end of the year too. The Coaches Association has done an outstanding job of giving us the best we can have now. Thanks for the positive feedback, but after tonight I'd say Perry wins 7 or 8 out of 10. Very impressive. I need a counselor and sleep therapist. Perry took earned the #. Sorry to TheCounty. Lol.

Again, awesome job of making an incredible atmosphere. My bus driver said, "Coach, I know you guys lost and I'm sorry...but I've never seen a wrestling meet. (He is new to the job). When is the next "game". That was awesome!"

Now that's #GrowingTheSport..one bus driver at a time!  LOL. Whatever it takes. And kudos to PM and whomever is putting the meets on FB Live. To me it's a no brainer in the 21st century. You have kids on all the social media as it is, why not use it a classroom experience/teaching tool and have the various communications depts. ask the kids to go to the meets and do this? Seems like a win/win.

BrodyGrant,

My suggestion is start small and build it.  My first year here we had one home dual that I called a highlight dual...other one we did some stuff, but not as much...finances were part of issue and gym availability. 

You would be surprised how much it adds to just dim some lights or click a couple off...then play music like they do for every sport.

That is what I started with...then we have begun hiring a DJ...usually get a good deal since it is a school thing...ours is outstanding and $300...we do a car wash or something ....tell them no fundraiser = no DJ...they get after it on the fundraiser...first year we borrowed spot lights from the drama department...Fog machine was $150...used football tunnel..

Again, I would not try to do everything at once...start with a couple things and add and build it.

In my opinion, the best way to get your AD on board is do what I did - tell your AD what you want to do and why you want to do it... AND explain your team will cover 100% of costs and do the setup, etc.

Good Luck!  Snyder

Snyder-

I also miss it!  I remember those great Mishiwaka/Mater Dei battles at Team State--fired up crowd, fired up coaches and fired up wrestlers.  Mater Dei fans HATED all things about Mishiwaka.  The feeling, I'm quite sure, was reciprocated.  I specifically remember Fabio's battles with Sean Herron; those two really went at it.

At last year's time state event, i marveled at the energy of Brownsburg's fans.  You have to be in pretty good shape to hang with the Bulldog crowd for four matches.

Coach, you bring a lot of zeal to wrestling, i hope that never changes.

-JS Johnson

I would love to know how we can get our AD involved in our wrestling program so that our kids can get a taste of this kind of atmosphere.  You will always see him at the football/basketball games and you will see him use Twitter/Instagram but never goes to any wrestling events or mentions anything about wrestling.  Hell, really the only state champs Indian Creek has seen were from the wrestling and swimming program, one person would think they would be proud of that.

With all due respect, he was at the county meet (just the county, not #THECOUNTY) because I talked to him.

He may be around more than you might think . . .

With all due respect, he was at the county meet (just the county, not #THECOUNTY) because I talked to him.

He may be around more than you might think . . .

You're correct, I was speaking more of the events outside the "County Meet" which is expected that he would be there since county for swimming and wrestling is held at the same location/day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.