Please post all your dual results asap!

maligned

We want to do a release of the Genius ratings, which will show where you stand amongst all the teams in the state. We also use the data from the Genius ratings to calculate Sectional and Regional category levels for Team State qualifying. The more data we have, the better. And you can't game the system! Genius is a score-based slotting system that doesn't care about wins and losses--only true talent. Loss results might help you more than you think. Give us everything!  

Please post any results you see are missing from your school's information page today (Tuesday) if at all possible!  Thanks!

Edited by maligned

Are the Genius rankings and strength of schedule based on dual results only or are team results in individual tournaments also figured in?

Tournament results are also used because they are very predictive of who would win duals, but they are weighted much less than duals. If you look at the score difference between your team and another in a tournament and divide by 3, it gives a good estimation of the expected difference in a dual. Example: you beat me by 30 in a tourney. The Genius system catalogues that as a 10-point dual win, but gives it only a small portion of the importance of an actual dual.

Sorry about the Eastern Double posting I tried to fix that but couldn't figure it out. Maybe a moderator can fix that.

Most double results are filtered out directly on the site, but we also go back through later and filter out any we missed for genius.

I would like to post individual results for a wrestler that is not an option on the Wrestler list. How do I get Logan Boe, Freshman at Danville wrestling 106 added to the Wrestler list? His current record is 25-5 with losses to Seth Johnson (2-Dec), Raymond Rioux (2-Maj) and Keegan Overton (1-Dec). I see that the Danville schedule is not as strong as other teams, but I am thinking he is still worth looking at. 

I would like to post individual results for a wrestler that is not an option on the Wrestler list. How do I get Logan Boe, Freshman at Danville wrestling 106 added to the Wrestler list? His current record is 25-5 with losses to Seth Johnson (2-Dec), Raymond Rioux (2-Maj) and Keegan Overton (1-Dec). I see that the Danville schedule is not as strong as other teams, but I am thinking he is still worth looking at. 

Individuals are added as they appear on our watch lists for the semi-state or state rankings. They are only added by administrators. Send your information to our rankings masters and if they deem him worthy he will get a profile.

So how does one post results and are only certain people allowed to post results?

Anyone can post team results...go to the results tab above and then to duals results.  Click on 'add dual result' and it's self-explanatory from there. Individual results for duals can be added as well in that area.

Individual results that show up on individuals' profiles, at this point in the evolution of this site, are input only by administrators and are typically only input if they involve ranked or ranking watch-list kids.

Edited by maligned

Anyone can post team results...go to the results tab above and then to duals results.  Click on 'add dual result' and it's self-explanatory from there. Individual results for duals can be added as well in that area.

Individual results that show up on individuals' profiles, at this point in the evolution of this site, are input only by administrators and are typically only input if they involve ranked or ranking watch-list kids.

Correct, individual results can be added by anyone now. We just have to approve them as we want to make sure they are accurate as anyone could put in losses for top guys that are untrue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.