Hoosier Heritage Conference

base

Any predictions or surprises to watch for at Hoosier Heritage at Delta on Saturday there should be some good matchups

Trackwrestling Brackets

Teams are Yorktown, Delta, New Castle, Pendleton Heights. New Palestine, Mt Vernon (Fortville), Greenfield Central, Shelbyville

Semistate ranked opponents by weight

Brayden Curtis - Y (FW #1)

Zach Todd - Y (FW #3)

Gavin Rose - GC (NC #4)

Josh Stephenson - Y (FW #4)

Carter Noehre - GC (NC #2)

Chase Wilkerson - MV (NC #6)

Xayvier Curtis - Y (FW #5)

Alec White - NP (NC #1)

Christian Hunt - Y (FW #1)

Luke Schliessman - D (FW #5)

Eric Hiestand - Y (FW #2)

Sam Buck - NC (NC #7)

Colt Rutter - Y (FW #2)

Riley Fletcher - GC (NC #8)

Alex Barr - Y (FW #8)

Brad Laughlin - Y (FW #1)

170 - none ranked

Jacob Gray - D (FW #1)

Lee Dullaghan - GC (NC #7)

none ranked

Jacob Rhoades - Y (FW #4)

Edited by base

My predictions

Curtis (Y) over West (D)

Rose (G) over Owens (NC)

Ragle (NC) over Noehre (G)

White (NP) over Curtis (Y)

Hunt (Y) over Avey (PH)

Heistand (Y) over Noehre (G)

Buck (NC) over Barr (Y)

Rutter (Y) over Johnson (PH)

Laughlin (Y) over Melton (NC)

Lowe (G) over Pease (D)

Gray(D)  over House (NC)

Dullaghan (G) over Watson (Y)

Burton (NP) over Clouse (NC)

Hvy

Rhoades (Y) over Weurch (MV)

I think 120 is the most stacked class. Team-wise, I think Yorktown wins, Greenfield is second, New Castle 3rd

I stopped reading after this.

Why? Ragle placed second at the same weight last year. He was a few points away from going to state last year. He is a quality wrestler who shouldn't be overlooked. Also, Noehre has to get through Stevenson, which will be difficult for anyone. I'd say picking Ragle to win isn't anything absurd at all. Last year Ragle was 41-7 and lost to Dylan Culp 6-4 in the ticket round. Noehre was 33-12 and was pinned by Johnny Loose in the first round of semistate. I know that is last year - but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that Ragle has a shot.

And, these aren't definitive results, these are predictions.

Edited by grappleapple

Why? Ragle placed second at the same weight last year. He was a few points away from going to state last year. He is a quality wrestler who shouldn't be overlooked. Also, Noehre has to get through Stevenson, which will be difficult for anyone. I'd say picking Ragle to win isn't anything absurd at all. And, these aren't definitive results, these are predictions.

Just curious, who has Ragle beaten this year? Because according to the seeding info, he lost to the 3 seed Wilkerson.

Edit: New Castle's shiny records are nice and all but don't tell the story. Their road to semi state and schedule is soft.

Edited by gogoplata89

Just curious, who has Ragle beaten this year? Because according to the seeding info, he lost to the 3 seed Wilkerson.

Edit: New Castle's shiny records are nice and all but don't tell the story. Their road to semi state and schedule is soft.

Ragle didn't wrestle Wilkerson this season. If he had, and lost, do you think he would be seeded higher than him? If you look at the results Wilkerson didn't go 120 vs. New Castle at the beginning of the year.

I'm really not sure why you are hating on such an outstanding kid based solely on my prediction that he could win conference. Also, you can claim all you want about New Castle's schedule, but that doesn't change the fact that Ragle lost by two points in the ticket round to get to state.

And, I don't know how good Noehre is. His record is impressive, for sure. And he's a No. 1 seed for a reason. But, you can't get all offended anytime someone picks someone other than your guy to win a match. It's what makes this board fun.

Edited by grappleapple

Ragle didn't wrestle Wilkerson this season. If he had, and lost, do you think he would be seeded higher than him? If you look at the results Wilkerson didn't go 120 vs. New Castle at the beginning of the year.

I'm really not sure why you are hating on such an outstanding kid based solely on my prediction that he could win conference. Also, you can claim all you want about New Castle's schedule, but that doesn't change the fact that Ragle lost by two points in the ticket round to get to state.

If that's true, that's my mistake. I was just going off of the seeding info on track. I'm not hating on anyone, I just want to know who he has beaten. One good day at semi state is just that, a good day.

"Edit: New Castle's shiny records are nice and all but don't tell the story. Their road to semi state and schedule is soft."

You do know that Johnny Loos, who beat Noehre in the first round of semistate - is from the same regional New Castle feeds into, right? And Greenfield and New Castle are in the same conference and semistate.

Edited by grappleapple

Teamwise nobody will touch Yorktown

Second place might be interesting. New Castle forfeiting 106 will hurt with no opportunity for points. There will be some key matchups that may tell the tale. I don't think either Noehre or Ragle will have an easy semifinal match. At 138 there are several sub-500 records. Will one of the wrestlers for NC or GC score some advancement points there it would be big. At 126 the two go head to head in the first round, Ragle versus Evans in a good match that could be a swing match for team scoring.

I would guess Yorktown, Greenfield, New Castle, Mt Vernon, Delta, Pendleton, New Palestine, Shelbyville in that order

Teamwise nobody will touch Yorktown

Second place might be interesting. New Castle forfeiting 106 will hurt with no opportunity for points. There will be some key matchups that may tell the tale. I don't think either Noehre or Ragle will have an easy semifinal match. At 138 there are several sub-500 records. Will one of the wrestlers for NC or GC score some advancement points there it would be big. At 126 the two go head to head in the first round, Ragle versus Evans in a good match that could be a swing match for team scoring.

I would guess Yorktown, Greenfield, New Castle, Mt Vernon, Delta, Pendleton, New Palestine, Shelbyville in that order

I agree on all accounts. Anyone know what happened with Green from Delta? I see he isn't listed in the brackets.

It hasn't always been

Final team scores

1. Yorktown 250.5

2. Greenfield Central 202.5

3. Delta 170

4. New Castle 160

5. Pendleton Heights 158.5

6. Mt. Vernon 128

7. New Palestine 110.5

8. Shelbyville 26

Tournament Results

106 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Brayden Curtis of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Luke Sheridan of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

3rd Place - Nathen West of DELTA

4th Place - Chase Nelson of NEW PALESTINE

5th Place - Zach Sanford of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

6th Place - Jeremiah Kolter of MT. VERNON

1st Place Match

Brayden Curtis (YORKTOWN) 27-0, So. over Luke Sheridan (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 21-12, Jr. (Fall 1:40).

3rd Place Match

Nathen West (DELTA) 21-5, Fr. over Chase Nelson (NEW PALESTINE) 12-15, Fr. (Dec 7-1).

5th Place Match

Zach Sanford (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 22-14, Fr. over Jeremiah Kolter (MT. VERNON) 17-19, Sr. (Fall 1:40).

113 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Gavin Rose of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

2nd Place - John Robinson of DELTA

3rd Place - Traye Owens of NEW CASTLE

4th Place - Jacob Fiew of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

5th Place - Forfeit Forfeit of Unattached

6th Place - Zachary Todd of YORKTOWN

1st Place Match

Gavin Rose (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 29-4, So. over John Robinson (DELTA) 20-11, Fr. (Fall 0:50).

3rd Place Match

Traye Owens (NEW CASTLE) 22-3, So. over Jacob Fiew (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 21-7, So. (Dec 5-0).

5th Place Match

Forfeit Forfeit () 2-1, . over Zachary Todd (YORKTOWN) 15-7, Jr. (DFF).

120 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Josh Stephenson of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Trevor Ragle of NEW CASTLE

3rd Place - Carter Noehre of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

4th Place - Chase Wilkerson of MT. VERNON

5th Place - Jakob Schliessman of DELTA

6th Place - Jace Longere of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

1st Place Match

Josh Stephenson (YORKTOWN) 29-4, Jr. over Trevor Ragle (NEW CASTLE) 33-3, Jr. (Dec 8-1).

3rd Place Match

Carter Noehre (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 32-2, Jr. over Chase Wilkerson (MT. VERNON) 34-6, So. (Dec 4-2).

5th Place Match

Jakob Schliessman (DELTA) 11-18, Fr. over Jace Longere (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 20-12, So. (Dec 7-5).

126 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Alec White of NEW PALESTINE

2nd Place - Xayvier Curtis of YORKTOWN

3rd Place - Larry Evans of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

4th Place - Max Hayes of MT. VERNON

5th Place - Jordan Vinson of SHELBYVILLE

6th Place - Elijah Bauer of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

1st Place Match

Alec White (NEW PALESTINE) 24-0, Sr. over Xayvier Curtis (YORKTOWN) 23-5, Jr. (Dec 9-2).

3rd Place Match

Larry Evans (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 25-11, Jr. over Max Hayes (MT. VERNON) 24-15, Fr. (Fall 0:34).

5th Place Match

Jordan Vinson (SHELBYVILLE) 23-16, Fr. over Elijah Bauer (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 25-9, Jr. (Dec 8-1).

132 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Christian Hunt of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Ben Avey of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

3rd Place - Chris Wilkerson of MT. VERNON

4th Place - Bryton Tuttle of NEW CASTLE

5th Place - Austin Mullins of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

6th Place - Charles Shimer of DELTA

1st Place Match

Christian Hunt (YORKTOWN) 29-1, Jr. over Ben Avey (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 28-6, Sr. (MD 18-6).

3rd Place Match

Chris Wilkerson (MT. VERNON) 31-9, Fr. over Bryton Tuttle (NEW CASTLE) 22-14, Jr. (Dec 2-1).

5th Place Match

Austin Mullins (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 20-15, Sr. over Charles Shimer (DELTA) 1-3, So. (Fall 0:18).

138 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Eric Hiestand of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Cooper Noehre of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

3rd Place - Dalton Love of DELTA

4th Place - Caleb Gibson of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

5th Place - Aidan Alford of MT. VERNON

6th Place - Jacey Collier of SHELBYVILLE

1st Place Match

Eric Hiestand (YORKTOWN) 28-1, So. over Cooper Noehre (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 25-9, Fr. (Dec 8-2).

3rd Place Match

Dalton Love (DELTA) 11-17, So. over Caleb Gibson (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 24-12, So. (SV-1 11-9).

5th Place Match

Aidan Alford (MT. VERNON) 2-2, Fr. over Jacey Collier (SHELBYVILLE) 4-13, Jr. (Fall 3:54).

145 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Alex Barr of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Sam Buck of NEW CASTLE

3rd Place - Noah Richardson of DELTA

4th Place - Riley Fletcher of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

5th Place - Noah Wright of NEW PALESTINE

6th Place - Derek Sikorski of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

1st Place Match

Alex Barr (YORKTOWN) 29-4, Jr. over Sam Buck (NEW CASTLE) 31-1, Sr. (Dec 1-0).

3rd Place Match

Noah Richardson (DELTA) 18-7, Sr. over Riley Fletcher (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 22-13, Sr. (Fall 2:10).

5th Place Match

Noah Wright (NEW PALESTINE) 12-14, So. over Derek Sikorski (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 17-19, So. (Fall 3:00).

152 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Colt Rutter of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Alex Johnson of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

3rd Place - Corbin Hines of NEW CASTLE

4th Place - Gavin Hanson of MT. VERNON

5th Place - Jaiden Turner of DELTA

6th Place - Damion Collier of SHELBYVILLE

1st Place Match

Colt Rutter (YORKTOWN) 28-5, Jr. over Alex Johnson (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 28-6, Sr. (Fall 5:36).

3rd Place Match

Corbin Hines (NEW CASTLE) 24-7, Jr. over Gavin Hanson (MT. VERNON) 16-16, Sr. (Fall 2:54).

5th Place Match

Jaiden Turner (DELTA) 5-12, Jr. over Damion Collier (SHELBYVILLE) 19-21, Sr. (Fall 1:43).

160 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Brad Laughlin of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Drake Tackett of MT. VERNON

3rd Place - Dawson Miller of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

4th Place - Jeffrey Melton of NEW CASTLE

5th Place - Chris Hafley of NEW PALESTINE

6th Place - Chris Guzman of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

1st Place Match

Brad Laughlin (YORKTOWN) 30-1, Sr. over Drake Tackett (MT. VERNON) 32-7, Sr. (Fall 1:12).

3rd Place Match

Dawson Miller (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 19-16, Sr. over Jeffrey Melton (NEW CASTLE) 19-3, Sr. (Dec 4-1).

5th Place Match

Chris Hafley (NEW PALESTINE) 6-18, Jr. over Chris Guzman (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 5-10, Fr. (Fall 2:24).

170 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Brady Pease of DELTA

2nd Place - Brad Lowe of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

3rd Place - Drake Kendrex of MT. VERNON

4th Place - Trajan Hines of NEW CASTLE

5th Place - Clayton Todd of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

6th Place - Tristen Jimenez of YORKTOWN

1st Place Match

Brady Pease (DELTA) 14-6, So. over Brad Lowe (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 29-5, Jr. (Dec 6-2).

3rd Place Match

Drake Kendrex (MT. VERNON) 26-11, So. over Trajan Hines (NEW CASTLE) 14-12, Jr. (Dec 3-1).

5th Place Match

Clayton Todd (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 17-15, So. over Tristen Jimenez (YORKTOWN) 10-18, So. (Fall 3:50).

182 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Jacob Gray of DELTA

2nd Place - Pj Sterrett of MT. VERNON

3rd Place - Brayden Clevenger of NEW PALESTINE

4th Place - Brandon Johns of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

5th Place - Malachi Mersch of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

6th Place - Garrett House of NEW CASTLE

1st Place Match

Jacob Gray (DELTA) 26-2, Sr. over Pj Sterrett (MT. VERNON) 23-14, So. (Fall 2:32).

3rd Place Match

Brayden Clevenger (NEW PALESTINE) 14-11, So. over Brandon Johns (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 9-10, Sr. (Fall 2:05).

5th Place Match

Malachi Mersch (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 10-18, So. over Garrett House (NEW CASTLE) 26-12, Jr. (Inj. 0:00).

195 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Lee Dullaghan of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

2nd Place - Kelly Watson of YORKTOWN

3rd Place - Bailey Maxwell of DELTA

4th Place - Damasio Gutierrez of NEW CASTLE

5th Place - Kaleb Pike of SHELBYVILLE

6th Place - Charlie Moore of MT. VERNON

1st Place Match

Lee Dullaghan (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 29-5, Sr. over Kelly Watson (YORKTOWN) 17-9, Sr. (Dec 7-1).

3rd Place Match

Bailey Maxwell (DELTA) 18-10, Sr. over Damasio Gutierrez (NEW CASTLE) 16-12, Sr. (Fall 2:26).

5th Place Match

Kaleb Pike (SHELBYVILLE) 14-16, Sr. over Charlie Moore (MT. VERNON) 10-12, Fr. (Dec 3-2).

220 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Landan Burton of NEW PALESTINE

2nd Place - Dalton Clouse of NEW CASTLE

3rd Place - Holden Parsons of YORKTOWN

4th Place - Andrew Surber of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

5th Place - Aaron Young of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

6th Place - Jacob Bell of DELTA

1st Place Match

Landan Burton (NEW PALESTINE) 23-4, Jr. over Dalton Clouse (NEW CASTLE) 32-4, Jr. (Fall 5:21).

3rd Place Match

Holden Parsons (YORKTOWN) 22-10, Fr. over Andrew Surber (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 15-6, Sr. (Dec 3-2).

5th Place Match

Aaron Young (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 20-15, Sr. over Jacob Bell (DELTA) 11-18, Sr. (Fall 1:42).

285 Results

Guaranteed Places

1st Place - Jacob Rhoades of YORKTOWN

2nd Place - Holden Lawson of PENDLETON HEIGHTS

3rd Place - Hunter Gulden of GREENFIELD CENTRAL

4th Place - Hunter Holcombe of NEW PALESTINE

5th Place - Bryce Pinkard of NEW CASTLE

6th Place - Evan Hill of DELTA

1st Place Match

Jacob Rhoades (YORKTOWN) 29-2, Sr. over Holden Lawson (PENDLETON HEIGHTS) 13-14, Sr. (Fall 3:38).

3rd Place Match

Hunter Gulden (GREENFIELD CENTRAL) 18-12, So. over Hunter Holcombe (NEW PALESTINE) 5-4, Jr. (Dec 5-2).

5th Place Match

Bryce Pinkard (NEW CASTLE) 11-6, Jr. over Evan Hill (DELTA) 4-18, Fr. (Fall 4:03).

Edited by gogoplata89

Delta ran a nice tournament. There were some good matches throughout. I'd say 120, as predicted, was the most competitive. Stevenson stepped up.

Greenfield is much improved and Delta, without a few of their better guys, had a very solid showing. I liked the introductions for the finals a little better last year at Yorktown, but no complaints because Delta had everything moving along quickly. I hope the New Castle kid that hurt his arm will be OK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.