Indysportsfan

Hey SPORTSFANGMS.... YOU may NOT want to re-open that chapter!

I did my homework.........and have actually been told most of the facts by a VERY GOOD source. As soon as I know the case is over and family  allows me talk about it, I will!!!

I think YOU better do YOUR homework and ask around about ALL the INAPPROPIATE / ILLEGAL activities that were & are happening over there on that CP wrestling team.

Hey SPORTSFANGMS.... YOU may NOT want to re-open that chapter!

I did my homework.........and have actually been told most of the facts by a VERY GOOD source. As soon as I know the case is over and family  allows me talk about it, I will!!!

I think YOU better do YOUR homework and ask around about ALL the INAPPROPIATE / ILLEGAL activities that were & are happening over there on that CP wrestling team.

I didn't open anything, I said if they moved into a residence in Portage and that can be proved, I'll eat crow. You have your facts and I guess I'll take what I've been told as fact. Clearly our "facts" differ, so we can wait until it plays out. I'll leave with this, if they moved and that can be proven, why would the IHSAA or DOE prevent them from participating in athletics, that seems like the complete opposite of their mission? With all of the laws that exist that benefit student transfers, it seems odd that this one struck a chord with both the IHSAA and DOE. I could honestly care less about CP and all their wrong doings. I was a big fan of the Moran brothers and still am, but right is right and wrong is wrong. 

Do your own investigative work. If they moved to a home in Portage and sold their home in Crown Point and you can prove the address is a HOME in Portage, I'll eat crow. 

Apparently you have chosen to ignore the information that people purporting to be close to the Moran family have previously disclosed on this message board. No one, I repeat, no one has ever said that the Moran's have purchased a home in Portage, yet. The question was repeatedly asked if the brothers moved, which they did, in fact, before the school year started. Regionality, among others, has previously mentioned that the family has had their house on the market for well over 18 months prior to this season. He also indicated that Mr. Moran contacted Faulkens (a number of times, I believe) well before the planned relocation, attempting to be as conspicuous and forthright as possible. I don't know about you, but my family would not be able to obtain a mortgage on a second home prior to the sale of the first. And I know numerous families, including my own when I was a child, who have chosen to rent, move in with family or friends, or obtain other temporary housing prior to actually purchasing a home in a school district in order to begin the school year in that new district.  Plus, how many families don't own the properties that they live in (i.e. rentals, living with family, or living in temporary housing). This is not about owning a property in Portage or whether or not their home in Crown Point has yet sold. Quick "investigative work" will reveal to you that a move has been planned for some time. At what point is it acceptable for parents to invoke their parental rights to do what is best for their children and move them out of a school district? I believe a parent should be able to make that decision whether or not their home has sold at the time of the move.

Maybe you should make sure you have your facts correct before calling out others.

I didn't open anything, I said if they moved into a residence in Portage and that can be proved, I'll eat crow. You have your facts and I guess I'll take what I've been told as fact. Clearly our "facts" differ, so we can wait until it plays out. I'll leave with this, if they moved and that can be proven, why would the IHSAA or DOE prevent them from participating in athletics, that seems like the complete opposite of their mission? With all of the laws that exist that benefit student transfers, it seems odd that this one struck a chord with both the IHSAA and DOE. I could honestly care less about CP and all their wrong doings. I was a big fan of the Moran brothers and still am, but right is right and wrong is wrong. 

While a solid argument on behalf of the Morans could be made regarding the legitimacy of their Portage "residency," it's not my place to do so.  These boys were not denied eligibility based on that anyway, making it a moot point.  The basis of denial was a move for athletic reasons citing a "past link."  This was discussed at length in another thread.  What puzzles me is what's going on in other parts of the state...multiple mid season transfers gaining instant eligibility...some of which (if they're true) can't be anything but transfers for athletic reasons.  I want them all to wrestle, but like you said sportsfan, right is right and wrong is wrong.  

Maybe because the IHSAA and DOE run a Kangaroo Court/Appeals system. I tell you what, if what is alleged is going on over there is even remotely true,  I can't blame them and everyone else that left  for leaving.

We agree on a lot SPORTSFANGMS :

1.IHSAA know the facts and are keeping them from wrestling "complete opposite of their mission".

2. I also could care less about Crown Point

3. I am also a big fan of the Moran brothers

4. And I also think right is right and wrong is wrong!

Sad part is I hear DAD is so upset with the IHSAA and Indiana wrestling,  that the younger Moran may be in an Illinois school next year.

You might be a bigger fan of them boys then I am, if you have the Dads # can you forward it to me. PLEASE!!!!!

Apparently you have chosen to ignore the information that people purporting to be close to the Moran family have previously disclosed on this message board. No one, I repeat, no one has ever said that the Moran's have purchased a home in Portage, yet. The question was repeatedly asked if the brothers moved, which they did, in fact, before the school year started. Regionality, among others, has previously mentioned that the family has had their house on the market for well over 18 months prior to this season. He also indicated that Mr. Moran contacted Faulkens (a number of times, I believe) well before the planned relocation, attempting to be as conspicuous and forthright as possible. I don't know about you, but my family would not be able to obtain a mortgage on a second home prior to the sale of the first. And I know numerous families, including my own when I was a child, who have chosen to rent, move in with family or friends, or obtain other temporary housing prior to actually purchasing a home in a school district in order to begin the school year in that new district.  Plus, how many families don't own the properties that they live in (i.e. rentals, living with family, or living in temporary housing). This is not about owning a property in Portage or whether or not their home in Crown Point has yet sold. Quick "investigative work" will reveal to you that a move has been planned for some time. At what point is it acceptable for parents to invoke their parental rights to do what is best for their children and move them out of a school district? I believe a parent should be able to make that decision whether or not their home has sold at the time of the move.

Maybe you should make sure you have your facts correct before calling out others.

Ok so take all that you put into print as fact, I disagree with some of your "facts", which is healthy on a discussion board. I agree that many families don't own their homes, and a rental is a home I will agree, as is temporary housing, like living with another family. The owning of their home in CP is inconsequential, I will also agree with. I also agree a family can attend any school they'd like, but those families aren't free of the consequences that come from that move, especially if there are untruths involved.  When/If we are made privy to why the transfer was not allowed, we will find out who was wrong and who was right. I didn't call anyone out, just saying let's not make the boys victims just yet. 

As regards to my son, no final decision has been made whether he is going to be released from Perry. It is looking like it will not go in our favor the coaching staff at Perry are working hard to get their AD to release him. To the outside world that does not know everything that has been going on, only the recent drama around his wrestling, it would appear this is strictly wrestling related. I can only tell you that, first, I have two daughters in Center Grove, we have always and still live in Center Grove. He went to Center Grove from kindergarten to eighth grade, 8 years. Went to Perry because it is literally 5 minutes from our house we live on the south side of county line which puts us technically in Center Grove. As we were planning on moving over into Perry District we wanted him to start and finish at that High School. My daughter being a Jr and my other daughter in middle school did not want to change schools, so we decided not to move out of Center Grove but just make it work. I never had any expectations of him being able to finish out this season. I already knew that was one thing he was going to have to deal with because of my mistake of starting out of the district. And to think he may have to sit out until this time next year because of decisions adults have made. I've always said I cannot believe that the kids are the ones to get caught up with this stuff. Lastly, if by some chance it all gets worked out and Brayden is released to wrestle this season, we would never step into a room and wrestle off the kid that has been in that spot because we transferred. We are not that type of people and Brayden is not that type of kid. The only way he steps into a spot in that room is if it is agreed upon by that kid. Y'all that don't know us may not believe that, but you all that do, you know that that is the way we are. This is not the way I want his memories of high school to be. Just everybody try to remember that when you're on here talking about all this stuff, if it is good or for kids bad or whatever it is about the kids. They get on here probably as much as we do. I would never want Brayden to get on here and talk about somebody, calling him garbage or some of the stuff I've seen. I'm not judging anybody. Just asking everybody to remember what this is all about.

a bit off topic here but has dylan culp made 120 yet? i know hes made 126 and how many times do you have to make a weight to wrestle it at sectionals. I know you have to make scratch at least once

You only have to make the scratch weight one time. You don't even have to wrestle at the weight before sectionals, Just the one weigh in at scratch and the other quality weigh ins.

Mr. Littell did your son loose the wrestle off with Fair? I have seen your son wrestle at 2 different events this year and don't believe for one second he lost a wrestle off to anyone from PM from 106 to 126! I truly believe Littell places at state at any of the weights from 106 to 126! That kid is a stud at any school! Just like the Moran brothers! All should be allowed to wrestle no matter where they go. If a parent makes the choice to switch schools for what they believe is best for their child, they should be allowed to do so!

So let me get this straight. He transferred his kid because he had to wrestle off.

No. From what I understand is, whether or not Littell won the wrestle-off, he wasn't going to have the spot. They were just going to continue to wrestle off until Fair won. Also teammates might have led Littell to believe that the loss at the Dtate tournament was his fault because he didn't cut to 106. He left because it was a hostile environment and he transferred to Center Grove where his family lives.

Before you blame Faulkens - I'm guessing that it's the ADs in control in these situations. If JV Johnny transfers and nobody really cares, then do you think he'd have to sit out the rest of the season at the new school?  I would doubt it. It's when they are "good" athletes then it becomes an issue. Faulkens in most cases only knows what he hears from both sides and is left to make a decision without really know the families etc.

I say let all of the kids wrestle. Will there be some frivolous transfers? Of course, but it would make the rule clear with no interpretation of a gray area. Either let them all wrestle, or let them all (including JV Johnny) not wrestle

Before you blame Faulkens - I'm guessing that it's the ADs in control in these situations. If JV Johnny transfers and nobody really cares, then do you think he'd have to sit out the rest of the season at the new school?  I would doubt it. It's when they are "good" athletes then it becomes an issue. Faulkens in most cases only knows what he hears from both sides and is left to make a decision without really know the families etc.

I say let all of the kids wrestle. Will there be some frivolous transfers? Of course, but it would make the rule clear with no interpretation of a gray area. Either let them all wrestle, or let them all (including JV Johnny) not wrestle

We had a kid a few years ago that went from a private school to Garrett and was ruled ineligible by the IHSAA because he didn't live in the Garrett school district.  We don't know if the former school signed off or not, our only explanation was he didn't return to his school of residence.

Unfortunately we couldn't fight this due to our super duper athletic director not telling us until sectional. This kid won one match for us on varsity that year along with some forfeits and all his wins were vacated.

No. From what I understand is, whether or not Littell won the wrestle-off, he wasn't going to have the spot. They were just going to continue to wrestle off until Fair won. Also teammates might have led Littell to believe that the loss at the Dtate tournament was his fault because he didn't cut to 106. He left because it was a hostile environment and he transferred to Center Grove where his family lives.

This is FALSE and ridiculous.

Best of luck to you Brayden.

Edited by Falcon06

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.