Half-Way through the season Champs?

Man I'm becoming in regular Indiana matter I'm at work so I got to make this quick but something is eating me up in no shape or form do I want people to think that I am bad mouthing the Perry program I think they got a good program of course some of our views and opinions are not the same but they've been successful but good programs are also like gloves doesn't mean they fit every hand just wanted to put that out there while I don't agree with you things that are going on as I said in my last post I have not been in the room so I do not know exactly what's going on all I have is what my son says and yes this was voice to text y'all need to contact the cell phone companies and tell them to start adding punctuation LOL

Ok. I took the liberty of trying to insert some punctuation and inserting some words to appease the grammar police as what Mr Littell is saying is profound and heartfelt and should not be lost on using an automated text program that works about as well as autocorrect! He explained that in a post but I guess that wasn't good enough. The mods can delete if deemed necessary, (good to see them all on the board today!) and apologies to Mr Littell if any wording changes his intended meaning. I don't think it did and hope it doesn't. I've been on here 4 years and nothing has hit me like this post did because we all want is best for our kids. I'm not connected to PM in any way. I know not the people involved. I just wanted to make it an easier read for those struggling to see it's core message.

Best wishes to all involved.

Okay it's the next day and I promised a good friend of mine that I would not post anything last night. Well I have changed my mind on how to word it. I do not want to bad-mouth or call anybody out but I do want to defend my son. Ever since Brayden didnt drop to 106 for team state not only has he felt shut out and alone in the room, he has pretty much been made to feel it is all his fault PM did not win a team State title. I could get into (specific) Pacific details but at this point I'm choosing not to. Brayden has came out and did everything he was asked to do as a freshman, put his whole heart and soul into (it), only for these things to be happening now. Of course him and his coach have two different total views of what's been going on the room and (in) all fairness I have not been in there. He believes that they have been working with the other kid in order to get him to win a wrestle off. Again I have not been in there, but with Perry People already posting he is going 106, and when Brayden is told no matter if he wins the wrestle off or not, he will have to wrestle him off again.. and he will still have to share his 113 spot with him, I tend to believe him.The cards are stacked against him. They have tried to convince him just to cut down with out a wrestle off. Now it seems that didn't work (and) they're going to do what they can. Brayden is succeeding where he was at was healthy and actually loving what he was doing. I know a lot of people getting down as low as you can, it's part of the sport and I understand that,  I just don't understand the logic of when a kid is doing well pushing him down further and when a kid is not doing well , instead of training him and getting him better, cut him down lower. As I said earlier, Braden has never back down from a challenge since he started the sport. He has sought out the kids that can beat him, upset when they're not in his bracket. (To) 2 Braden it's not always about winning the tournament, but face(ing) somebody that you've been told you can't beat. So for him to tell me he doesn't want to go back in that room, something has to be going on. Well you treat a kid like an) outsider long enough, he'll start acting like an outsider. Something I can say to the parents (of) an eighth graders about to be freshman wanted (ing)to look at other schools because you feel it's a better opportunity for your kid, you're taking a chance. Loyalty will always lie with the kids that were already there. I found that out the hard way. Maybe all this is happening to us because of our lack of loyalty to Center Grove. The last thing, and then I'm done, I also find it kind of amusing the Braden has came on the high school scene at 113 and grab the bull by the horns (and) has showed everybody exactly what he's made of and a month ago everybody was saying he was a shoo-in for 113, which I always knew was not the case, but he is a top contender. It's kind of amusing to me now that he loses to, in my opinion, one of the best 113th in the state.. a returning champion.. 3-1 and now a lot of people on here saying his best shot to win state is 106. People (who) know me (know) I will make the decisions for my family that I feel is best. Brayden having to sit out the rest of this season to stand by what he believes in (when)he wouldn't cut for team State why would he do it for individual but (when) he has a friend at 106 who is doing well. We will not be bullied into taking his spot. To me that makes him a champion! (I AGREE..emphasis UncleJimmy's). A lot of people on here will say it's cuz he's scared to lose a wrestle-off. (However)but more than likely will be standing across from each other next year (and) I guess we'll know then. But you don't prepare one kid (instead of)l the other kid two or three days before hand (and imply) that since you won't just drop to 6 you're going to have to wrestle off, which I agree wrestle-offs are fair, but in this case I tend to believe my son. Sorry for the rant I just know how everybody is going to be judging him by his decisions. I just felt his side needed to get out there.

Edited by UncleJimmy

Man I'm becoming in regular Indiana matter I'm at work so I got to make this quick but something is eating me up in no shape or form do I want people to think that I am bad mouthing the Perry program I think they got a good program of course some of our views and opinions are not the same but they've been successful but good programs are also like gloves doesn't mean they fit every hand just wanted to put that out there while I don't agree with you things that are going on as I said in my last post I have not been in the room so I do not know exactly what's going on all I have is what my son says and yes this was voice to text y'all need to contact the cell phone companies and tell them to start adding punctuation LOL

Even though the lack of punctuation does not bother me there is a way to fix this. When talking in the voice to text program (assuming this is an iphone), state your desired sentence and the word period, then pause. It should show up, after just repeat this process. (Not a dig, just trying to help) :)

Edit: The focus should be on his heartfelt words, not punctuation.

Edited by Novice Bat

Even though the lack of punctuation does not bother me there is a way to fix this. When talking in the voice to text program (assuming this is an iphone), state your desired sentence and the word period, then pause. It should show up, after just repeat this process. (Not a dig, just trying to help) :)

Edit: The focus should be on his heartfelt words, not punctuation.

He's right, Mr littell. Just say "period" and pause and one will be added to the end of your sentence. Cheers

I can't believe that this is so intriguing, that someone is willing to edit & rewrite his "rough draft" submissions. We as a message board society, have come a long way, by means of compassion since the "Caliboy" days. I remember how the board would rip him to shreds for his broken English & run-on sentences. Now we have English professors editing & re-writing the poorly punctuated bloggers.

Disclaimer: I know nobody at Perry, including the Littell's.

Mr. Littell's post was very clear to me (but thank you Uncle for doing many on here a service). He appears to be a loving Dad, trying to keep his young son's love for wrestling strong. It seems to me he has been very fair and even handed with his explanation of the situation. For those who don't feel comfortable with the "drama" or sensitive nature of all of this, that's understandable. However, it should be understood Mr. Littell responded with details only after his son was being talked about and (I'm guessing here) to avoid any speculation in the future, when his son was no longer wrestling 113 for PM. Sometimes pre-emptive full disclosure is preferable to rampant speculation. He took a chance by putting his information out there. I respect that. I sure hope people realize he has said many times, that he "wasn't in the room." He's been careful to be fair, but also to do what he thinks is best for his son. His boy is young thankfully, so hopefully this is a small blip on his wrestling career.

It's hard to take emotion out of reading these sets of posts.  Man I feel for the Littell family.  I'm sure all of us as wrestling parents have been through bumps (or mountains) in the road over the years.  I know I have the last couple of years.  You just need to be resolute in doing what is right for your wrestler and let the chips fall where they may, whether stacked against you or not.  From what I have seen on the mat, I predict the Littell's beat the house in this game of cards.

106- Bailey
113- Garcia Avon
120- Triana
126- Rooks CE
132- Bailey Cathedral
138- Rumph Portage
145- Lee BB
152- Lee MD
160- Christian Warren PM
170- Van Horn Franklin
182- Walton BB
195- Tonte WC
220- Parris Lawrenceberg
285- Ellis

Edited by ElbowTie

Back to Topic:

106 - Curtis

113 - Garcia

120 - Triana

126 - Mulkey

132 - Bailey

138 - Black

145 - Lee

152 - Warren

160 - Laughlin

170 - Webster

182 - Walton

195 - Tonte

220 - Parris

285 - Ellis

NC - 6 Champs

EV - 4 Champs

FW - 2 Champs

EC - 2 Champs

Edited by bluemonster

As a coach, I would encourage Mr. Littell to talk to Coach Schoettle.  Kids' perception are often off base and far from reality.  I understand this is how Brayden feels and it is very concerning.  But in fairness to Coach, these discussions should be had in person, and not on a discussion board. 

Sorry, Bluemonster...I had to give my two cents. 

Back to topic..

I will list mine in order of confidence

152-Lee (MD)

145-Lee (Brown)

220-Parris (Law)

285-Ellis (East)

160-Laughlin (York)

126-Cummings (Low)

182-Walton (Brown)

106-Curtis (York)

120-Mills (Brown)

138-Black (Hob)

170-Van Horn (Frank)

132-Bailey (Cath)

195-Davidson (Chest)

113-Littell (PM)  liked what I saw from this kid-would he lose to Fair in a wrestle-off? If so, give me Garcia.

Champs by SS:

FW-3

EC-3

NC-3

EV-5

Stone cold locks  :lol:

106 - Andrew Black (NC)

113 - Asa Garcia (EV)

120 - Cayden Rooks (EV)

126 - Blake Mulkey (EV)

132 - Breyden Bailey (NC)

138 - Brendan Black (ECC)

145 - Brayton Lee (EV)

152 - Joe Lee (EV)

160 - Brad Laughlin (FW)

170 - Tanner Webster (NC)

182 - Lucas Davison (ECC)

195 - Andrew Davison (ECC)

220 - Mason Parris (NC)

285 - Evan Ellis (FW)

by semistate: EV-5, NC-4, ECC-3, FW-2

there's always got to be a grammar cop in the crowd. I wish the best for Littell and family in this situation.

I was trying (poorly) to lighten the mood and bust balls.  I hope I did not come off as a jerk or offend because it wasn't my intent.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.