Half-Way through the season Champs?

I usually don't post on here and I was going to put a long post on here about everything that's going on but have decided against it but the one thing I am going to say is under no circumstance will Brayden be wrestling 106 I made a promise to him he has kept his end of it I intend to keep mine well yes Brayden is small in height he's a very solid kid and does not have much more to get off he may not win every match and it's looking like he might not even have an opportunity but instead of focusing on getting him down where he feels unhealthy and the last pound I can get I intend on focusing on getting him stronger and faster and if he doesn't get the opportunity this year he will come back with a vengeance next year

I usually don't post on here and I was going to put a long post on here about everything that's going on but have decided against it but the one thing I am going to say is under no circumstance will Brayden be wrestling 106 I made a promise to him he has kept his end of it I intend to keep mine well yes Brayden is small in height he's a very solid kid and does not have much more to get off he may not win every match and it's looking like he might not even have an opportunity but instead of focusing on getting him down where he feels unhealthy and the last pound I can get I intend on focusing on getting him stronger and faster and if he doesn't get the opportunity this year he will come back with a vengeance next year

That answers that. What do you mean by If he doesn't get the opportunity?  He should still be 113 right?

Needs to happen more often! Health over chance of winning more!

I applaud you both.

What do you mean by If he doesn't get the opportunity?

To be the one standing on top of the podium like he would be heavily favored to do at 106 is how I interpreted it.

Edited by maligned

What was the score to his and Asas match? Wasn't it just a two or three point match? I would think he would still be a contender at 13 even with asa there. He's totally got the opportunity just a harder road.

Agreed...getting deep into linguistics here, but if we say someone "didn't get the opportunity" it's sometimes used as a more positive expression to say that someone came up short.  Example: Bailey hasn't had the opportunity to stand on the top of the podium yet, but he's still chasing that dream. Littell's dad was using a similar expression here when he said, "if he doesn't get the opportunity this year."  In other words, "if he comes up short."

Edited by maligned

That's awesome..integrity and health trump all...best of luck the rest of the season

Agree that you might be delving too deep into linguistics. Opportunity literally can mean a chance. Someone that seemed connected to PM on an earlier thread when this kid burst on the scene said he might not be the best 113 in their room! Now that seems unfathomable to me but could it mean he might not even be in the lineup or at that weight come tourney time? Could the 120 drop as there are also rumors of a region kid going down to that weight? All speculation but I found it interesting tying a much earlier post into the wording here. Considering he said "might not win every match but looking like he might not have the opprtunity" it doesn't seem to imply "coming up short".

If this kid doesn't get a "chance" to compete then IN is stacked with talent.

I wish him the best and good luck.

Edited by UncleJimmy

Okay it's the next day and I promised a good friend of mine that I would not post anything last night well I have changed my mind on how to word it I do not want to bad-mouth or call anybody out but I do want to defend my son every since Brayden didnt drop to 106 for team state not only has he felt shut out and alone in the room he has pretty much been made to feel it is all his fault PM did not win a team State title I could get into Pacific details but at this point I'm choosing not to Brayden has came out and did everything he was asked to do as a freshman put his whole heart and soul into only for these things to be happening now of course him and his coach have two different total views of what's been going on the room and all fairness I have not been in there he believes that they have been working with the other kid in order to get him to win a wrestle off again I have not been in there but with Perry People already posting he is going 106 and when Brayden is told no matter if he wins the wrestle off or not he will have to wrestle him off again and he will still have to share his 113 spot with him I tend to believe him the cards are stacked against him they have tried to convince him just to cut down with out a wrestle off now it seems that didn't work they're going to do what they can Brayden is succeeding where he was at was healthy and actually loving what he was doing I know a lot of people getting down as low as you can it's part of the sport and I understand that I just don't understand the logic of when a kid is doing well pushing him down further and when a kid is not doing well instead of training him and getting him better cut him down lower as I said earlier Braden has never back down from a challenge since he started the sport he has sought out the kids that can beat him upset when they're not in his bracket 2 Braden it's not always about winning the tournament but face and somebody that you've been told you can't beat so for him to tell me he doesn't want to go back in that room something has to be going on well you treated like a kid like outsider long enough he'll start acting like an outsider something I can say to the parents an eighth graders about to be freshman wanted to look at other schools because you feel it's a better opportunity for your kid you're taking a chance loyalty will always lie with the kids that were already there I found that out the hard way maybe all this is happening to us because of our lack of loyalty to Center Grove the last thing and then I'm done I also find it kind of amusing the Braden has came on the high school scene at 113 and grab the bull by the horns has showed everybody exactly what he's made of and a month ago everybody was saying he was a shoo-in for 113 which I always knew was not the case but he is a top contender it's kind of amusing to me now that he loses to in my opinion one of the best 113th in the state a returning champion 3-1 and now a lot of people on here saying his best shot to win state is 106 people know me I will make the decisions for my family that I feel is best brayden having to sit out the rest of this season to stand by what he believes in he wouldn't cut for team State why would he do it for individual but he has a friend at 106 who is doing well we will not be bullied into taking his spot to me that makes him a champion lot of people on here will say it's cuz he's scared to lose a wrestle-off but more than likely will be standing across from each other next year I guess we'll know then but you don't prepare one kid until the other kid two or three days before hand that since you won't just drop to 6 you're going to have to wrestle off which I agree wrestle-offs are fair but in this case I tend to believe my son sorry for the rant I just know how everybody is going to be judging him by his decisions I just felt his side needed to get out there

Sorry I know it's going to be hard to read LOL my wife always yells at me about not using punctuation but I can't spell for crap so I use voice to text name for somebody that said they don't post on here I sure am a lot now

Sorry I know it's going to be hard to read LOL my wife always yells at me about not using punctuation but I can't spell for crap so I use voice to text name for somebody that said they don't post on here I sure am a lot now

Seems like a lot of drama surrounding this situation now. Really hope it's not true that they are forcing him out of his spot. Shame on his teammates if they led him to believe that it was his fault that they lost the title match. I can't even fathom how Littell must feel about people he trusted turning on him. I don't even think Fair would be more effective at 113. 

Okay it's the next day and I promised a good friend of mine that I would not post anything last night well I have changed my mind on how to word it I do not want to bad-mouth or call anybody out but I do want to defend my son every since Brayden didnt drop to 106 for team state not only has he felt shut out and alone in the room he has pretty much been made to feel it is all his fault PM did not win a team State title I could get into Pacific details but at this point I'm choosing not to Brayden has came out and did everything he was asked to do as a freshman put his whole heart and soul into only for these things to be happening now of course him and his coach have two different total views of what's been going on the room and all fairness I have not been in there he believes that they have been working with the other kid in order to get him to win a wrestle off again I have not been in there but with Perry People already posting he is going 106 and when Brayden is told no matter if he wins the wrestle off or not he will have to wrestle him off again and he will still have to share his 113 spot with him I tend to believe him the cards are stacked against him they have tried to convince him just to cut down with out a wrestle off now it seems that didn't work they're going to do what they can Brayden is succeeding where he was at was healthy and actually loving what he was doing I know a lot of people getting down as low as you can it's part of the sport and I understand that I just don't understand the logic of when a kid is doing well pushing him down further and when a kid is not doing well instead of training him and getting him better cut him down lower as I said earlier Braden has never back down from a challenge since he started the sport he has sought out the kids that can beat him upset when they're not in his bracket 2 Braden it's not always about winning the tournament but face and somebody that you've been told you can't beat so for him to tell me he doesn't want to go back in that room something has to be going on well you treated like a kid like outsider long enough he'll start acting like an outsider something I can say to the parents an eighth graders about to be freshman wanted to look at other schools because you feel it's a better opportunity for your kid you're taking a chance loyalty will always lie with the kids that were already there I found that out the hard way maybe all this is happening to us because of our lack of loyalty to Center Grove the last thing and then I'm done I also find it kind of amusing the Braden has came on the high school scene at 113 and grab the bull by the horns has showed everybody exactly what he's made of and a month ago everybody was saying he was a shoo-in for 113 which I always knew was not the case but he is a top contender it's kind of amusing to me now that he loses to in my opinion one of the best 113th in the state a returning champion 3-1 and now a lot of people on here saying his best shot to win state is 106 people know me I will make the decisions for my family that I feel is best brayden having to sit out the rest of this season to stand by what he believes in he wouldn't cut for team State why would he do it for individual but he has a friend at 106 who is doing well we will not be bullied into taking his spot to me that makes him a champion lot of people on here will say it's cuz he's scared to lose a wrestle-off but more than likely will be standing across from each other next year I guess we'll know then but you don't prepare one kid until the other kid two or three days before hand that since you won't just drop to 6 you're going to have to wrestle off which I agree wrestle-offs are fair but in this case I tend to believe my son sorry for the rant I just know how everybody is going to be judging him by his decisions I just felt his side needed to get out there

This may be the longest sentence in the history of the English language.  I am calling Guinness later (not the beer you drunkards) to check.

Just giving you a hard time obviously, but I hate seeing dirty laundry aired here if this is all accurate.  Take it up in house with the coach.

This may be the longest sentence in the history of the English language.  I am calling Guinness later (not the beer you drunkards) to check.

Just giving you a hard time obviously, but I hate seeing dirty laundry aired here if this is all accurate.  Take it up in house with the coach.

Good point.   Where are the "periods" at.   That's hard to read.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.