12-26 Intermat Rankings Updated

Nice to see 9 Indiana Wrestlers Ranked this week. I hope they notice all of the other kids soon.

132 - Bailey - Cathedral

145 - Lee - Brownsburg

152 - Lee - EMD

160 - Laughlin - Yorktown

195 - Davison - Chesterton

220 - Parris - Lawranceburg

220 - Larson - Avon

220 - Tonte - WC

285 - Ellis - Eastern

Garcia. Why is he not ranked?

-Not much of a national resume that is needed
Mills

-Didn't wrestle much in the off-season
Mulkey

-Had a decent off-season, but no big wins to put him in the rankings
Rooks. Knocked off Cummings 

-See Mulkey, on top of that Cummings has been in and out of the rankings his whole career. 
McIntosh

-Solid off-season, but no big wins
Reitz

-He slipped into the rankings after Junior Duals, then fell out.
Walton

-Didn't see too many off-season events

All of the listed guys either didn't place or participate in the big events like Fargo and Super 32. Those events are what get kids into the rankings the easiest.

Garcia. Why is he not ranked?

-Not much of a national resume that is needed

Mills

-Didn't wrestle much in the off-season

Mulkey

-Had a decent off-season, but no big wins to put him in the rankings

Rooks. Knocked off Cummings

-See Mulkey, on top of that Cummings has been in and out of the rankings his whole career.

McIntosh

-Solid off-season, but no big wins

Reitz

-He slipped into the rankings after Junior Duals, then fell out.

Walton

-Didn't see too many off-season events

All of the listed guys either didn't place or participate in the big events like Fargo and Super 32. Those events are what get kids into the rankings the easiest.

Thanks Alot. Exactly what I was wanting to know. Makes sense now. I have a feeling next year we will have several ranked. We have a whole lot of young studs.

Thanks Alot. Exactly what I was wanting to know. Makes sense now. I have a feeling next year we will have several ranked. We have a whole lot of young studs.

Sometimes it takes a while for Indiana wrestlers to build up their resume due to our in-season travel restrictions.

Breyden Bailey is an excellent example. He has only 4 losses on his career and was always on the bubble of being ranked. After a very impressive 3rd place at the Super 32 he jumped into the rankings very high.

Garcia isn't good, he has only beaten 4 of the ranked kids at 113.

Intermat gets their rankings from Flo, if you don't live in Pennsylvania or on the East Coast your not getting any pub.

the-true-origin-of-the-tin-foil-hat-and-

Sometimes it takes a while for Indiana wrestlers to build up their resume due to our in-season travel restrictions.

Breyden Bailey is an excellent example. He has only 4 losses on his career and was always on the bubble of being ranked. After a very impressive 3rd place at the Super 32 he jumped into the rankings very high.

the-true-origin-of-the-tin-foil-hat-and-

Last time I counted there was (38) Pennsylvania ranked kids . I see some shenanigans going on here. Lol

Garcia,

Your son is very good, but also has lost to multiple kids who aren't ranked. Going 2-2 at super 32 and a dnp at Fargo in cadets is justified as to why he isn't ranked.

I said he isn't that good ......

Last time I counted there was (38) Pennsylvania ranked kids . I see some shenanigans going on here. Lol

I said he isn't that good ......

Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Learn

Looking at the past year, here is what I found. 10 losses including 8 to unranked kids against 2 wins against ranked kids(#19 or #20). No placement at Super 32 or Fargo, and two losses at Disney. There are reasons why some kids are not ranked and it's not a conspiracy theory.  

In case you didn't know Pennsylvania is pretty good at wrestling.

Wins
Intermat #14 Ben Kamali
Flo #19 Mead
Flo #20 Kamali 

Fargo
Champ. Round 2: Asa Garcia (Indiana) over Benyamin Kamali (Michigan) (Dec 9-7) 
Champ. Round 3: Asa Garcia (Indiana) over Marcos Polanco (California) (Dec 8-6) 

Disney
113 - Asa Garcia (Avon WC) over Trey Lane (Brandon) UTB 3-2
113 - Asa Garcia (Avon WC) over Brakan Mead (Liberty Patriots) TB-1 3-2

Super 32
Chad Craft 1-0

IHPO
Cons. Round 6: Asa Garcia (Avon Wrestling Club) over Chase Yost (Woodford County) (Dec 3-1)

Losses
Both #2 Glory
Intermat #7 Hoskins

IHPO
Cons. Round 7: Graham Shore (Blackfoot) over Asa Garcia (Avon Wrestling Club) (Dec 6-3)
Champ. Round 3: Chad Craft (Dehart Elite) over Asa Garcia (Avon Wrestling Club) (Dec 4-3)

Fargo
Cons. Round 6: Terrell Barraclough (Utah) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (Dec 12-8) 
Champ. Round 4: Trevor Mastrogiovanni (New Jersey) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (TF 15-2) 

GRR
Champ. Round 3: Chad Craft (Dehart Elite) over Asa Garcia (AWC/CWA) (Dec 6-4)

Disney
113 - Fabian Gutierrez (Adams City) over Asa Garcia (Avon WC) Dec 10-4
113 - Christopher Wright (PA_Rampage) over Asa Garcia (Avon WC) Dec 9-3

UWW Cadets
Champ. Round 2: Jaden Abas (California) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (TF 10-0) 
Cons. Round 3: Tommy Hoskins (Ohio) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (TF 12-2) 

ISWA State
1st Place Match: Tylor Triana (Region Wrestling Academy) over Asa Garcia (Avon WC) (TF 11-0)

Super 32
Kyle Cisneros CO 15-1
Patrick Glory NJ Pin

Looking at the past year, here is what I found. 10 losses including 8 to unranked kids against 2 wins against ranked kids(#19 or #20). No placement at Super 32 or Fargo, and two losses at Disney. There are reasons why some kids are not ranked and it's not a conspiracy theory.

In case you didn't know Pennsylvania is pretty good at wrestling.

Wins

Intermat #14 Ben Kamali

Flo #19 Mead

Flo #20 Kamali

Fargo

Champ. Round 2: Asa Garcia (Indiana) over Benyamin Kamali (Michigan) (Dec 9-7)

Champ. Round 3: Asa Garcia (Indiana) over Marcos Polanco (California) (Dec 8-6)

Disney

113 - Asa Garcia (Avon WC) over Trey Lane (Brandon) UTB 3-2

113 - Asa Garcia (Avon WC) over Brakan Mead (Liberty Patriots) TB-1 3-2

Super 32

Chad Craft 1-0

IHPO

Cons. Round 6: Asa Garcia (Avon Wrestling Club) over Chase Yost (Woodford County) (Dec 3-1)

Losses

Both #2 Glory

Intermat #7 Hoskins

IHPO

Cons. Round 7: Graham Shore (Blackfoot) over Asa Garcia (Avon Wrestling Club) (Dec 6-3)

Champ. Round 3: Chad Craft (Dehart Elite) over Asa Garcia (Avon Wrestling Club) (Dec 4-3)

Fargo

Cons. Round 6: Terrell Barraclough (Utah) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (Dec 12-8)

Champ. Round 4: Trevor Mastrogiovanni (New Jersey) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (TF 15-2)

GRR

Champ. Round 3: Chad Craft (Dehart Elite) over Asa Garcia (AWC/CWA) (Dec 6-4)

Disney

113 - Fabian Gutierrez (Adams City) over Asa Garcia (Avon WC) Dec 10-4

113 - Christopher Wright (PA_Rampage) over Asa Garcia (Avon WC) Dec 9-3

UWW Cadets

Champ. Round 2: Jaden Abas (California) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (TF 10-0)

Cons. Round 3: Tommy Hoskins (Ohio) over Asa Garcia (Indiana) (TF 12-2)

ISWA State

1st Place Match: Tylor Triana (Region Wrestling Academy) over Asa Garcia (Avon WC) (TF 11-0)

Super 32

Kyle Cisneros CO 15-1

Patrick Glory NJ Pin

Great stuff Joe.

Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Learn.

Intermat gets their rankings from Flo, if you don't live in Pennsylvania or on the East Coast your not getting any pub.

Pennsylvania has always been tops, and they back it up.    Just check out all the NCAA qualifers and All-Ameriacans that will come out of Pennsylvania and have come from there.

If Indiana has #The County,  then Pennsylvania is "#The State".

All you do is run your mouth on social media. It doesn't matter if it pertains to you or not. Maybe if you didn't run your mouth about your son on every possible social media site, people wouldn't call you out. Let your sons wrestling do the talking and the rankings sort themselves out. Case closed.

All you do is run your mouth on social media. It doesn't matter if it pertains to you or not. Maybe if you didn't run your mouth about your son on every possible social media site, people wouldn't call you out. Let your sons wrestling do the talking and the rankings sort themselves out. Case closed.

#MoreShotsFired

you dont have half creds as mcintosh so i wouldnt quite say hes garbage.

JMILL (is he on probation again?) wants a dislike button...I want a sarcasm font!

you dont have half creds as mcintosh so i wouldnt quite say hes garbage.

I would take "high school" Wiesjahn over McIntosh. I think it is funny how people try and take jabs at Fabio when he voices an opinion. He had a solid high school career and continued at a good DII program. I'm pretty sure he also has pretty good knowledge when it comes to wrestlers in Indiana.

Come on guys the greatest holiday of the wrestling year is upon us. "2lb allowance-fest." This time of year suppose to bring less empty bellys and happiness across the wrestling world. All of these grouchy feeling were to have lessoned with the additional food intake. So let's all celebrate the season by eating that extra piece of chicken and being a little more cheerful.

Edited by MattM

Pretty simple delete yourself from my accounts if you don't want to like or see it . I'm pretty proud of my kids accomplishments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.