100TH WIN

CFleshman

Who doesn't keep track of wins and losses? Shoot I can tell you the name of every kid that has beaten my son. I love stats.

Congrats to all the young men that hit the 100 win milestone in high school.

Im the exact same way with stats...There also things called seeding meetings and brackets that call for records...Every kid in the state finals book preview will have their record displayed...I won over 100 matches myself and I'll tell you this I remember my losses way more than I do wins...Im not trying to gang up on the guy for his opinion I just think he's mistaken if he don't think most wrestlers keep track of that...

A kid I know, has his whole career stats on his phone am the way from 4th grade til now as a sophomore..he told me it motivates him to do better each yr and wants his winning percentage to keep rising...he's already won more this season than all last yr and he's very conscience of that..he 21-2 currently and was 19-10 last yr...he also wrestles in #Thecounty where there's stiff competition all year..

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Being a coach foe 27 years at a small school and knowing coaches from large schools. We do know what kids records are. Most kids have a pretty good idea of their wins and losses.

I think Chuck brings up a really good small school/big school point here. It's pretty obvious that we need to have classed forums for wrestling because of how different the sport is depending on the size of school you attend. No one from a big school can relate to the achievement of a class A wrestler reaching the 100 win milestone.

Or maybe just once, someone could read a post, and if they don't have a positive thing they can add just back away from the computer and don't throw in your two cents. Crap...that's what I just did. Guess I better add something positive. Nice job everyone who has achieved 100 wins. This posting stuff is hard. I'm going back on my two year hiatus from posting. By the way the class wrestling was firmly tongue in cheek.

Hmmm...so if you take away SS and State wins from Alex' total (If the set up was the same then as now) he would still have 203 wins.  So a four year starter, who stays healthy, could be a .500 wrestler and still be in the 100 Win Club?  That seems odd.

Hmmm...so if you take away SS and State wins from Alex' total (If the set up was the same then as now) he would still have 203 wins.  So a four year starter, who stays healthy, could be a .500 wrestler and still be in the 100 Win Club?  That seems odd.

His team also did well in the team state tournament, plus he would always wrestle a lot of matches in individual events because of winning.  A .500 wrestler wouldn't get the same number of matches in individual events.  

Also, if a kid was .500 as a freshman and wrestled 45-50 matches per year with the varsity, he's not going to stay at a .500 level.  On the other hand, if he's a below-.500 varsity wrestler as a freshman and gradually improves so that his average ability is .500 across 4 years, he's going to be at semi-state and/or state in the back half and rack up more wins also.  That hypothetical seems very, very unlikely.

Edited by maligned

A Tsirtsis had 235 wins. I've got to think that holds up. Anybody.?

I believe that a few years after his, and the other Griffith boys, run the IHSAA adjusted the event participation rules a little bit to try to avoid such large regular season match totals. This would basically prevent anyone after from having a chance to reach those type of numbers. Although, the advent of some many 2-day (only equals 2pt.) events in the last few years has allowed some teams to start creeping back closer to those totals again. Edited by MattM

Technically with our weigh-in rules you could get 74 matches in a season. However, you would be hard pressed to find a two-day 10 match event every weekend. Most teams average about 30 matches per year pre-sectional. Last year the Carroll sectional averaged just over 27 matches.

Side note: Mac Taylor of New Castle went 58-2 (placing 3rd) during his senior season in 1996.

How many others from Indiana have had more wins in a season?

Angel vs jaggers iirc they were 60-0 vs 58-0 and the announcer eve said never again might two wrestlers with 2 sparkling records meet again in the finals...

Mac Taylor was 221-8 and at the time held the national record...there are at least 3 guys from nc with 200 wins and 6 with 180+ but none won a title..all were greats but couldn't get that state championship...Bubba Dickerson is the last nc wrestler to win a title and it still shocks me..between mullins,taylor,campbell and Jaggers that still baffles me..there are 4 runner ups and 3 thirds among them..and all placed 3 or more times

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.