Midlands

pjayroza

What happened in the 3rd Place match? Did I read correctly that Red got teched 17-0?

Ashnaults a stud, but in the consols when things start going south and you've already lost that fire they soon go real south real bad. Edited by MattM

Ashnaults a stud, but in the consols when things start going south and you've already lost that fire they soon go real south real bad.

I get that.  I've seen Joe and even Nick Lee lose some matches in the consols, that I don't think they would have if they had not just lost in the Championship round.   17-0 just surprised me.  I could see it in freestyle where you can have multiple turns, but damn in folkstyle that's a lot.  

I get that.  I've seen Joe and even Nick Lee lose some matches in the consols, that I don't think they would have if they had not just lost in the Championship round.   17-0 just surprised me.  I could see it in freestyle where you can have multiple turns, but damn in folkstyle that's a lot.  

It doesn't matter he still got 4th and he needs to redshirt this year.  If he places higher does he lose his redshirt?  He is a beast,

got 4th and not suppose to be the number 1 guy this year for  Nebraska.  Joe and Nick are in high school???   Not a good comparison!!!!!

The 4 point nearfall in college can really bust open a match. I didn't see the match, but a few tilts or turns from legs can make a close match into a tech REALLY fast.

I watched the match and the very first takedown he slammed his head on the mat and they were doing concussion checks on him and he wrestled on.  Just didn't look the same afterwards though.  Tsirtis MFF against a teammate in the consi's who went on to a major for 3rd.

It doesn't matter he still got 4th and he needs to redshirt this year.  If he places higher does he lose his redshirt?  He is a beast,

got 4th and not suppose to be the number 1 guy this year for  Nebraska.  Joe and Nick are in high school???   Not a good comparison!!!!!

It is a perfect comparison and still would be if i was referencing anyone at any competitive level.  It had nothing to do with comparing wrestlers.  I was agreeing that I understand how mentally things could go south after a loss deep into the championship bracket.  It happens in all of sports.  Have you never heard the phrase "don't let that game/loss beat you twice"?  

No one was criticizing Chad at all.  Your post seemed to be taking exception to my questions.  If so, you're off base if you think they were critical.  I simply was surprised to see a wrestler as good as Chad lose 17-0.  Whether it "matters" or not is irrelevant.  If Chad loses again 17-0, I'll be surprised again.  And I forgot about the 4 pt near fall.  That does make sense in how things can go quickly.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.