Ouch

Regionrat1

Sarcasm or no sarcasm, I will share my thoughts.  If you did not already know DeLaPena is my oldest son.  Back in his 7th or 8th grade year, he asked if he could go and see what RWA was about.  So, I took him to 2-3 sessions, not sure the exact amount.  After the sessions, I did not think it was worth it for me to pay for what we were getting out of the RWA program.  Now I want to be clear, the RWA  staff and production speaks for itself, so my hats off to what they have done for wrestling in the Region.  Like, sportsfangms stated, it was simply not for us.  That was the last time we attended any RWA session.

Sarcasm or no sarcasm, I will share my thoughts.  If you did not already know DeLaPena is my oldest son.  Back in his 7th or 8th grade year, he asked if he could go and see what RWA was about.  So, I took him to 2-3 sessions, not sure the exact amount.  After the sessions, I did not think it was worth it for me to pay for what we were getting out of the RWA program.  Now I want to be clear, the RWA  staff and production speaks for itself, so my hats off to what they have done for wrestling in the Region.  Like, sportsfangms stated, it was simply not for us.  That was the last time we attended any RWA session.

A few years back I remember someone naming the state placers that were in the room jogging during warm ups and I thought they mentioned your boys name... prolly mistaken.  I don't know him by face, only seen him wrestle at semi state and state from far away.  There are a ton of great wrestlers from around the state that I only know by name.

I am obviously a fan of what RWA teaches, but even if I wasn't I don't think you can beat the quality partners in the room.  Especially in the last few years with more Michigan and Illinois kids coming to the academy.  I just think it is too great of a resource to ignore. 

So any breakdown of state champs/final fours by semi-state from last year? As i recall from last year, there are some quite capable statisticians on this site. If it has already been posted, i missed it from laughing so hard at greco165s "ouch".

John I got a stack of those little books that shows it ....... pretty much every year I keep em under my bunk in my cell. Bring me some smokes and I'll show ya !!

John, I got a stack of those little books that shows it ....... pretty much the same every year I keep em under my bunk in my cell. Bring me some smokes and I'll show ya !!

A few years back I remember someone naming the state placers that were in the room jogging during warm ups and I thought they mentioned your boys name... prolly mistaken.  I don't know him by face, only seen him wrestle at semi state and state from far away.  There are a ton of great wrestlers from around the state that I only know by name.

I am obviously a fan of what RWA teaches, but even if I wasn't I don't think you can beat the quality partners in the room.  Especially in the last few years with more Michigan and Illinois kids coming to the academy.  I just think it is too great of a resource to ignore. 

All good Sig, technically I guess you can say he was at one point in the room there, just not for long. 

I do not think anybody is ignoring the fact that it is a great room filled with great wrestlers.  There are many wrestlers from around the Region that take advantage of the program that is offered that do not have those type of resources at their doorstep. Nice luxury to have in this area with great options for kids to take advantage of when training. 

So any breakdown of state champs/final fours by semi-state from last year? As i recall from last year, there are some quite capable statisticians on this site. If it has already been posted, i missed it from laughing so hard at greco165s "ouch".

I didn't do Final Fours - I just went top 2. Here's the breakdown

Champs:

East Chicago - 6

New Castle - 4

Evansville - 4

Runners-up

East Chicago - 5

New Castle - 5

Evansville - 3

Ft. Wayne - 1

I really should get actual work done - but wrestling is much more interesting. Here's my unofficial breakdown of the last four years.

I used a scoring format of 4 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd and so on.

New Castle - 4 champs, 5 2nds, 6 thirds, 3 fourths = 46 points

Evansville - 4 champs, 3 2nds, 5 thirds, 4 fourths = 39 points

E. Chicago/Merriville - 6 champs, 5 2nds, 1 third, 5 fourths = 46 points

Ft. Wayne - 0 champs, 1 2nd, 2 thirds, 2 fourth = 9 points

New Castle - 4 champs, 6 2nds, 5 thirds, 5 fourth = 49 points

Evansville - 2 champs, 2 2nds, 5 thirds, 4 fourths = 28 points

E. Chicago/Merriville - 7 champs, 4 seconds, 1 third, 2 fourths = 44 points

Ft. Wayne - 1 champ, 2 2nds, 3 3rds, 3 fourths = 19 points

New Castle - 6 champs, 5 2nds, 2 thirds, 3 4ths = 46 points

Evansville - 4 champs, 1 2nd, 6 thirds, 3 4ths = 34 points

E. Chicago/Merriville - 3 champs, 5 2nds, 3 3rds, 2 4ths = 35 points

Ft. Wayne - 1 champ, 3 2nds, 3 thirds, 2 fourth = 25 points

New Castle - 7 champs, 5 2nds, 4 thirds, 3 fourths = 54 points

Evansville - 1 champ, 1 2nd, 4 thirds, 5 fourths = 20 points

E. Chicago/Merriville - 5 champs, 4 2nds, 1 third, 1 fourth = 35 points

Ft. Wayne - 1 champ, 4 2nds, 5 thirds, 5 fourths = 30

Total over 4 years

1) New Castle 195

2) E. Chicago/Merriville  160

3) Evansville 120

4) Ft. Wayne 83

For whatever it's worth

Da term steel sharpens steel has a true meaning. You go where u can get da best coaches and partners.

Back a few years ago ole Eddie Perogi ran practices at portage. Kids from all over would come. It was a Mitty tough room. David Maldonado would welcome anybody in his room. Day knew dat it would benefit dare kids havin da partners. They really brought da level up in da region.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.