Ouch

Regionrat1

Well da rat is walking wit his tail between it's legs - team state kinda ugly. Da good news is wraslin is is a individual sport and I'm suee we will bring. A brinks load up north in febusuary. Congratulations to brownsburrg and Avon Mitty fine wraslin. Merry Christmas wraslin fans- da worlds greatest sport is recognized by Santa !

Well da rat is walking wit his tail between it's legs - team state kinda ugly. Da good news is wraslin is is a individual sport and I'm suee we will bring. A brinks load up north in febusuary. Congratulations to brownsburrg and Avon Mitty fine wraslin. Merry Christmas wraslin fans- da worlds greatest sport is recognized by Santa !

STRONG TAKE

The Region doesn't compete in team events like this bc RWA kids are spread out through the Region, with several now competing at Mount Carmel. Nothing wrong with the Region. Their semi state always seems to dominate in the state champ category.

Believe it or not, there's a lot of good wrestlers being produced in the Region that don't attend RWA.  A pair of 2x State Champions and a 2x Runner-Up last year were not RWA kids (Covaciu, Streck, and Bam Lawrence).  The Chesterton crew also primarily does their own thing and only supplements with RWA.  Rumph, the Morans, and DeLaPena are not RWA kids.  A lot of good coaches and good wrestlers being developed in the Region outside of Calumet Township.

Believe it or not, there's a lot of good wrestlers being produced in the Region that don't attend RWA.

Believe it or not?? it would seem that when you have a USA Wrestling "top 50" club right next door it would benefit any wrestler to be there when you can. the Chesterton crew is there most every night when out of high school season. they've been mainstays for years at RWA 

Believe it or not?? it would seem that when you have a USA Wrestling "top 50" club right next door it would benefit any wrestler to be there when you can. the Chesterton crew is there most every night when out of high school season. they've been mainstays for years at RWA

I think he was giving a compliment to the teams who don't use RWA and the success they have had.

I think it is obvious that RWA does a great job, their success speaks for itself. But there are a lot of other coaches who do a great job also. Portage did a great job at ihswca and did it with out 3 ranked(at one point) wrestlers. I don't think the region is down. It is just what it has always been a lot of tough individuals with a couple tough complete teams.

Believe it or not, there's a lot of good wrestlers being produced in the Region that don't attend RWA.  A pair of 2x State Champions and a 2x Runner-Up last year were not RWA kids (Covaciu, Streck, and Bam Lawrence).  The Chesterton crew also primarily does their own thing and only supplements with RWA.  Rumph, the Morans, and DeLaPena are not RWA kids.  A lot of good coaches and good wrestlers being developed in the Region outside of Calumet Township.

Out of everyone you mentioned the only kid I haven't seen there is Streck... the rest of them have taken advantage of the resource at some point.

lol... if not for the "believe it or not" I'd agree.

Why would there be any stigma about being at or not being at RWA? Clearly, there are pluses and minuses. I have never been there, but have had kids give me differing viewpoints on their experiences.

I don't have a child that attends RWA but can tell you it's easy to see those who attend in our wrestling room. Like anything it may not be for everyone, but the old saying, iron sharpens iron definitely applies. Our middle school program has little to offer the elite kids, and they get quality instruction, with better partners at RWA. Portage and Merrillville are two Region programs that develop from within, which is great, especially when you factor the cost of RWA. RWA is a luxury that kids from the Region and neighboring states and cities benefit from greatly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.