The best top wrestler in the state?

ontherise219

Now that drew Hughes is showing how dominate he was in the top position in Indiana for 4 years on the NCAA level. I was wondering who is the best in the top postion now? You know the guys who aren't afraid to choose top. I know cathedral has a couple guys in breyden bailey and Jordan slivka, maybe hobarts brenden black, penns kory cavanaugh is really tough on top? What do you guys think?

Cummings, Cavanaugh, and Black are great leg riders, but much different than Drew. Drew took top as an offensive position, where those three use it to prevent the opposing wrestler from getting one point, so more of a defensive position. Given the choice, Drew takes top every time because he has the ability to turn people and score from top position, I'm not sure that's the case for the other guys. No one from the Region sticks out to me as a true leg rider (scorer), some good one's in recent memory are Truver and Wartman from LC, Mavros and Roadruck from Lowell. Its' funny because those four and Drew weren't particularly good from their feet, so they relied heavily on getting top position to score points and win matches. Cummings, Cavanaugh, and Black are good from their feet, so maybe that is why they don't rely so much on turning guys from the top position and don't stick out in my mind. 

I was always impressed with CJ Reds top game...he wasnt a big leg rider and has turned or rode out some of the nations best. 

he had some nasty cradles, almost got nick lee with it. one of the only times i saw someone break his lock

Twitter Poll it! Let the fans decide!

Brad Laughlin -Leg Rider

Breyden Bailey- Leg Rider

Colton Cummings- Wrist/cradle

Jordan Slivka- Leg Rider

Kory Kavanaugh- Leg Rider

Brendan Black- Leg Rider

Donavon Johnson- Leg Rider

Others

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.