?

yellowbelly12

1. Because each rankings are updated at different times

2. Because each rankings sans State and ECC are done by different people

3. Because it is

4.  Sometimes one of the rankers doesn't get the update of key wins until after those rankings were been updated.

Edited by MattM

He must be talking about Cornwall from Elwood. I had Carr just above him but things will change in next Rankings because Carr quit from what I've been told. So problem solved, Cornwell will move up the pivotal 4th spot!

This wouldn't have happened when zach was here...you do a great job.

how is someone ( not ranked in state) ranked in semi state above someone thats ranked in state

Just wanted to share some wisdom with you that I received from a very reputable wrestling mind. I was asking myself, and some coaches the exact same question a few weeks ago. I have a son ranked at 170 and noticed that there were unranked individuals ahead of him n the SS rankings. Currently, there's only 1 ahead of him that meets the above mentioned criteria. What was shared with me was that in my case.....my son is only a freshman. He obviously has never wrestled a semi-state match. So regardless of MS accolades or National success, there's still a ton to prove. Especially when individuals who may have the current nod from a semi-state standpoint have possibly already proven themselves worthy on that stage. Admittedly, I have no idea who the young man is you're referring to, but I just wanted to share in hopes that it may give you some added perspective as it did me. You know man, as dads we want our sons to get all the recognition & dividends they spill their guts for. But at the end of the day brother.......it's a blessing to be in the rankings period. Never lose sight of that my friend. If nothing else, use it as a motivating factor to get your wrestler rolling with an even added purpose and chip on his shoulder. Hope this helped.

Just wanted to share some wisdom with you that I received from a very reputable wrestling mind. I was asking myself, and some coaches the exact same question a few weeks ago. I have a son ranked at 170 and noticed that there were unranked individuals ahead of him n the SS rankings. Currently, there's only 1 ahead of him that meets the above mentioned criteria. What was shared with me was that in my case.....my son is only a freshman. He obviously has never wrestled a semi-state match. So regardless of MS accolades or National success, there's still a ton to prove. Especially when individuals who may have the current nod from a semi-state standpoint have possibly already proven themselves worthy on that stage. Admittedly, I have no idea who the young man is you're referring to, but I just wanted to share in hopes that it may give you some added perspective as it did me. You know man, as dads we want our sons to get all the recognition & dividends they spill their guts for. But at the end of the day brother.......it's a blessing to be in the rankings period. Never lose sight of that my friend. If nothing else, use it as a motivating factor to get your wrestler rolling with an even added purpose and chip on his shoulder. Hope this helped.

Well said !

MPC4L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.