Seeding

UncleJimmy

I personally think Perry is the one to watch. They basically had their whole lineup at Disney and was within one match of beating Brownsburg. I know that is one team I hope the Chargers don't have to run into until late in the day. Don't overlook the Falcons as they could pull some minor upsets.

I personally think Perry is the one to watch. They basically had their whole lineup at Disney and was within one match of beating Brownsburg. I know that is one team I hope the Chargers don't have to run into until late in the day. Don't overlook the Falcons as they could pull some minor upsets.

with perry's depth, year in/year out quality, coaching and competitive schedule, i always consider them as a contender.

A hangout watching the committee discuss and figure out the seeds would be interesting...  

Starting the week with the state dual seeds and ending with the state dual wrestling... Great week!!!

Perry forfieted HWT in that dual also. It was a good one.

Also does anyone know if Littell was in Perry's lineup against Brownsburg @ Disney?

I think Trackwrestling knows!

106 Sam Fair (Perry Meridian Blue) over Drake Campbell (Brownsburg Purple) Maj 14-1  0 4.00

113 Sunny Nier (Perry Meridian Blue) over Evan Lawhead (Brownsburg Purple) Maj 12-4  0 4.00

120 Aiden Warren (Perry Meridian Blue) over Drew Kreitzer (Brownsburg Purple) Dec 7-5  0 3.00

126 Blake Mulkey (Brownsburg Purple) over David Clayton (Perry Meridian Blue) Fall 1:05  6.00 0

132 Jack Servies (Perry Meridian Blue) over Ryan Bigelow (Brownsburg Purple) Dec 3-0  0 3.00

138 Kain Rust (Perry Meridian Blue) over Connor Allen (Brownsburg Purple) Dec 3-2  0 3.00

145 Kyle Hatch (Brownsburg Purple) over Brooks Davis (Perry Meridian Blue) TF 24-6  5.00 0

152 Carter Green (Brownsburg Purple) over Austin Rainbolt (Perry Meridian Blue) Dec 5-4  3.00 0

160 Noah Warren (Perry Meridian Blue) over Cj Damler (Brownsburg Purple) Dec 8-5   0 3.00

170 Christian Warren (Perry Meridian Blue) over Anthony Cicciarelli (Brownsburg Purple) Dec 3-2   0 3.00

182 Nathan Walton (Brownsburg Purple) over Jalen Allen (Perry Meridian Blue) Maj 15-5   4.00 0

195 David Eli (Brownsburg Purple) over Anthony Ruhana (Perry Meridian Blue) Dec 3-0   3.00 0

220 Isaac Mccormick (Brownsburg Purple) over Rilee Miller (Perry Meridian Blue) Dec 12-5   3.00 0

285 Rickie Clark (Brownsburg Purple) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf  6.00 0

Dual Meet Score 30.0 23.0

Not sure how much I would take away from that Disney match.  Yes...no B. Lee but Brownsburg had 2 very good wildcards they brought and also brought 2 kids that had already graduated.  Couple that with Perry forfeiting HWT (which would never happen in a meaningful dual) I just don't see much relevance.

Only seeding that I found interesting was in 2A...  the 2nd 3rd and 4th seed...  Bellmont Jimtown and North Montgomery....  This probably had to be the toughest to seed...  The debates over those 3 had to be fun!!!

Not sure how much I would take away from that Disney match.  Yes...no B. Lee but Brownsburg had 2 very good wildcards they brought and also brought 2 kids that had already graduated.  Couple that with Perry forfeiting HWT (which would never happen in a meaningful dual) I just don't see much relevance.

No Ty Mills either for BBurg

Question for Joe or Dane and co. Have you considered or do you already analyze potential lineup shifts when you put teams head to head? Is strictly 138 team A vs 138 team B or do you also consider 132 team A vs 138 team B & vice versa along with 138 team A vs 145 team B & vice versa? I assume just 138 vs 138 this time of year and lack of time for results submitted. Just think that could be important as shifting weights can be the difference in winning dual meets.

Edited by casualwrestlingfan

I'm not on the committee, I have a little too much vested interest in at least one team.

Dane did mention that on the hangout last night. He said that it makes it difficult to predict what a coach will do when the have "moving parts" so to speak. They use their best guess as to which lineup a coach would use and go from there.

I'm not on the committee, I have a little too much vested interest in at least one team.

Dane did mention that on the hangout last night. He said that it makes it difficult to predict what a coach will do when the have "moving parts" so to speak. They use their best guess as to which lineup a coach would use and go from there.

Thanks, I was just curious. Wonder if algorithms could be set up to make it easier and be able to factor outcomes. I know I'm not that technologically advanced yet.

Thanks, I was just curious. Wonder if algorithms could be set up to make it easier and be able to factor outcomes. I know I'm not that technologically advanced yet.

You would need a super computer to crack the brains of some coaches in this state. I recall even one coach last year in the state semi-finals tell his wrestler to go down against Drew Hughes....geesh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.