Mooresville holiday classic

coach123

I'd have to do some looking to answer the question but there are afew top ranked teams and several top individual at this event. Definitely a great two days of wrestling.

Edited by MattM

Bloomington North

Brownsburg

Castle

Cathedral

Decatur Central

Delta

Edgewood

Evansville Central

Ft. Wayne Dwenger

Greenwood

Guerin Catholic

Hamilton Hights

Homestead

Jennings County

Martinsville

Monrovia

Mooresville

Northview

Plainfield

Seymour

Terre Haute South

Tri Jr-Sr High

Westfield

Yorktown

#1 Ty Mills with the #4 seed

That smells. I see Campbell at 106 is a 4 as well. Both smell. The BB kid who who got picked on the hardest was Peterson at 220. My source tells me he is the 2nd toughest kid to beat in the bracket and he drew the number 1 seed in the first round. Or maybe they are picking on Scroggs?  

Hold on.........

BREAKING NEWS :

#TheCountyTMZ Sources has confirmed Mooresvillegate .

Moorseville is aware of the repercussions set forth by #TheCounty. #TheCountyMafia will enforce full devastation on your wrestlers at this tournament.

What that means is :

#TheCounty will let the collar of its wrestlers. Brayton Lee, Ty Mills , Blake Mulkey and others will run havoc with no remorse !

For the sake of others I calmly say FIX IT ! Or else .

Sincerely #TheCountyMafia

Edited by TeamGarcia

And how does the #13 seed have a 4-8 record when the #21 and #22 seeds both have 15-2 records? I know there's more than records that go into it but still ... you've only won 4 matches and you seed better than 11 others?

They used to only seed the top 8 positions. Since expanding the number of teams further I'm not sure how far they now seed to but I don't believe they seed all the way out to the 13th or even the 20th spots. Those bracket positions are drawn in which would explain the various records for those spots.

Edited by MattM

Someone needs to redo the seedings and brackets, especially for 106 and 120. There are some serious mistakes in 120 especially. The #2 seed was beat this summer by both the #5 seed and the #21 seed. How does someone with a 5-0 record (only wrestled 5 people so far!!!) get the #2 seed? And how does the #1 in the state get the #4 seed? And how does the #13 seed have a 4-8 record when the #21 and #22 seeds both have 15-2 records? I know there's more than records that go into it but still ... you've only won 4 matches and you seed better than 11 others?

Wins in the summer never count. Plus there are probably no seeds past 8. The rest are drawn in.

Having not had any power to change seeds (I'm the Coach at Mooresville, not the AD), but still knowing the process, the only actual wrong seeds are at 120 according to our (arguably needing to be changed in my opinion) seeding criteria, but I believe I know why they are wrong. Since the first criteria is Semi-State Quarterfinalist from last season, all 4 top seeds were put ahead of everyone else, despite having losses and others not. Next was returning first or second place at the Holiday Classic. This should have put Mills at number 1 or 2 since he is a returning finalist along with Stephenson. However, if you look at the Auto-Seeds in Track, you can clearly see that he was entered as a DID NOT PLACE in last year's tourney. I'm certain, had there not been a change-over this season at Mooresville that this would have been caught and rectified, but as we have a new AD who was not running the tourney last year, it was not caught. This error caused it to go to the next criteria which was winning percentage, and since Fisher is 5-0, he was awarded the 2 seed and Walendzak, who is 13-1 got the 3 over Mills, who is 12-1. 

If this adjustment were corrected it would actually go MIlls at 1, Stephenson at 2, Fisher at 3, and Walendzak at 4 by the criteria as they are set. Still, all 4, in addition to the other 20 wrestlers at this weight will have to determine it on the mat and they are still not set to meet until the semi-finals though with Brycen Denny, Justice Cash, Spencer Cox, Blaigh Rushing, and Zane Sullivan all in this bracket as well and three of them unseeded, I think there may be a shake up with the top 4 from that even. That weight class is loaded with talent. 

I apologize for my school and this error, however, for those conspiracy theorists out there that think the "books were cooked" by Mooresville, take a look at how many of our wrestlers got seeded. You'll see we landed a grand total of 1 kid on a seed line and even he is at an 8 seed at 145 (which might be worse than blind draw considering the number 1 kid at that weight). I'd like to hope if we were going to cheat, it'd be a little more advantageous to us. ;)  It is what it is. We all have to wrestle through it.

What I can promise is a quality product on the mat and a quality viewing experience in the Curry Center. I hope nobody's feelings are too hurt that they can't show up. Weather ought to be nice and wrestling will be nicer.

Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend and into next week's competition.

We have no issues with the seeds or how this process is handled, Coach Brobst gave a very detailed explanation of what happened.  At the end of the day, the score of each match starts 0-0 regardless of their seed or ranking.  There are a lot of talented kids in the 120 bracket and the winner will have to be at the top of their game to win.  Thankfully, we don't have the complaining going on about the Al Smith seeding... geez, let's go wrestle and let the best that day come out as the champion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.