This week 12/12-12/17

KyleM

There are a lot of bracket style invites this weekend and luckily most are on Track. All the ones that were online last night are in our brackets area

http://indianamat.com/index.php/page/brackets.html/_/2017/regular-season/

Also weather permitting

Tuesday- Carroll at Homestead in the "We got kicked out of the NHC/NE8 Championship"

Saturday- Carroll Super Duals featuring the Mighty Railroaders of Garrett, the Blazin' Blazers of Eastside, the Fighting Turtles of Churubusco, the Lords of Dekalb County, and another set of Blazin' Blazers from Elkhart Central.

There seems to be a lot of county championships this weekend, including Hamilton County, Hancock, City, and a few others I'm pretty sure.

Hancock county doesn't have a tournament. 3/4 Hancock County schools will be at New Pal this weekend though. 

New Palestine Duals: New Palestine, Greenfield Central, Mt. Vernon(Fortville), Triton Central, Clinton Central, and Union County.

#TheCounty Hendricks County Championships are Saturday. Don't know if they'll be on track.

Im sure someone will get you bracket Joe.

Yeah god forbid they use technology at this thing....I am also a big fan of the line of forfeits we have to do in the beginning.

Yeah god forbid they use technology at this thing....I am also a big fan of the line of forfeits we have to do in the beginning.

I'm thinking we'll have more than usual with Danville having like 10 total wrestlers.

It is what it is !

I'm going to say 2 rounds of Forfeits this year .

#TheCounty just got internet a few years ago, let's not rush things

Really... is someone from #TheWayne (all rights reserved) saying that a suburb of the largest city in our state is behind the times? Now.... that deserves a C'mon Man!!!

I usually hate change and like to go with tradition, but our county tournament is not a good product. Would love to see them make it a multiple county meet or just do away with it.

Edited by Mattyb

Penn vs mishawaka on Wednesday at mishawaka

Penn super dual 12/17 aka Henry Wilk classic

Penn black

Penn gold

Portage 2

Warren central 2

Homestead

Huntington north

Edwardsburg

Niles

Columbia city

Zionsville

CMA

Valpo

Edited by crosstownrivals

Penn “Black” vs Huntington North

Portage “White” vs Penn “Gold”

Edwardsburg vs Zionsville

Homestead vs Valparasio

Columbia City vs CMA

Niles vs Warren Central “Gold

Penn “Black” vs Valparaiso

Penn “Gold” vs Warren Central “Gold”

Huntington North vs Zionsville

Niles vs Columbia City

CMA vs Edwardsburg

Homestead vs Portage “White”

Penn “Black” vs Zionsville

Penn “Gold” vs Edwardsburg

Columbia City vs Warren Central “Gold”

Valparasio vs Huntington North

Niles vs Homestead

CMA vs Portage “White”

s

Penn “Black” vs Niles

Penn “Gold” vs CMA

Zionsville vs Homestead

Valparsio vs Columbia City

Huntington North vsEdwardsburg

Portage “White” vs Warren Central “Gold”

Penn “Black” vs Homestead

Columbia City vs Penn “Gold”

Zionsville vs Niles

Valparsio vs CMA

Portage “White” vs Edwardsburg

Warren Cntral “Gold” vs Huntington North

I'm assuming....

Portage White is their Varsity B

Warren Central Gold is their Varsity B

Penn Black is their Varsity B

Penn Gold is their Varsity A

Right?

I would think of gold being their varsity A teams, but who knows though.

Only having 16 kids on my team I don't have to worry much about that issue.

Holy Crap!  Mattyb and I actually agree about something!!!!  It is too cold to check, but I assume the sky is falling or pigs are flying?  lol.

My first year here as Head Coach I brought up combining with another county for the meet or not doing it.  Everyone looked at me like I said I hate America and puppy dogs.  I believe Phil Smith at Westfield said they are doing away with their County Tournament after this year. 

My first year here as Head Coach I brought up combining with another county for the meet or not doing it.  Everyone looked at me like I said I hate America and puppy dogs.  I believe Phil Smith at Westfield said they are doing away with their County Tournament after this year. 

Not to highjack the tread to far off topic, but I've juggled around the idea before of a Conference vs Conference Challenge Muti-Dual.  Kinda like what they do for some NCAA conferences in that Pumpkin bouncing sport.   Bring in 5 teams from one conference and 4 from another conference.  Set up a schedule to only face the opposing conference teams.  Then along with getting several out of conference dual meets in you also get to crown a Conference winner too.  I'm guessing something similar to this could also be thought up for the County vs. County level in larger areas with multiple schools. 

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.