Prayers needed for a young Bellmont wrestler

agirod

Please keep Corbin, Lisa and Remy Bultemeier in your thoughts and prayers. Remy, a wrestler for the Bellmont youth program, sustained a neck injury this weekend while wrestling in a tournament and is going into surgery today. Once you become a member of the wrestling family, we are all one, no matter what school we are from. They are a great family and he is a great young man. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

On behalf of the Allred household and Shenandoah Wrestling.....Sincere prayers are being sent up for Remy's comfort, and quick recovery. Also that God would guide the surgeon's hand, as well as give Remy's family, and the Bellmont Wrestling community added strength and togetherness as they deal with these adverse circumstances. Outside of prayer, plz let me know if we can help in any way.

Remy is progressing nicely and yesterday was able to stand up for the first time since the injury and surgery. He is in good spirits and has been getting love and support from not only the community, but also from other wrestling clubs, as well as the K105 radio station in Fort Wayne.

Not only is Remy an outstanding young athlete, but he is also a wholehearted kid. Every year, Remy donates his own money to Riley Children's Hospital. It is amazing to see that in a young child. Friends and family have set up a Go Fund Me account for Remy. There are also more detailed updates on the situation on that page. The money raised will go to pay for hospital expenses and any money left over will be donated to Riley Children's Hospital. There are also videos and information posted on the Bellmont Wrestling Facebook page and Twitter page. 

https://www.gofundme.com/remington-bultemeiers-medical-fund?rcid=e8cb98b364864be7ab1d679907e29006

Great kid and great family. My boys are fortunate to call him a friend. We have competed with him and against him in sports as the boys have grown. Dad and Mom are first class and it shows in their children. 

Last night showed that the entire Adams County community is in support of this family. 

Keep healing, Remy.

Tony Currie

Adams Central 

Here are updates from his father Corbin on Facebook. I have copy and pasted for people to read.

Facebook friends, This is a summary of the weeks past events. Please share with anyone that you may know that have been following your posts.

So many thanks to EVERYONE in their support of Remington in his Miraculous Improvement. 
For those that may not know, 12 yr old, Remington Bultemeier (a Wyneken 6th grader) suffered a severe neck injury Sunday while competing in a wrestling tournament in Huntington. In what should simply be described as a freak incident, Remington went down while trying to escape his opponent. When his father quickly arrived to his side, Remington calmly responded by informing his father he was sure that he had broken his neck and that he couldn't could move or feel anything. Attending trainers, medical professionals and amazing friends rushed to his side to immobilize him. Shortly after the incident, Remington calmly asked his father to call his pastor as he said that he needed prayers. Once Pastor Daniel Dahling was reached, Remington personally asked Pastor to pray for him and asked to pray for forgiveness of any sins that he may have committed. It took several minutes for 1st responders to arrive and further immobilize Remington. After what may have been 20-30 minutes, Remington slowly began to gain limited feeling back in feet followed by feeling in his hands. Remington was initially transported to Lutheran hospital for initial evaluation and further immobilization. Dr's. determined that C3 and C4 vertebrae had been displaced and suspected a rupture of the ligaments running through his vertebrae thus leaving the spinal column unstable. Dr. In Ft Wayne recommended transfer of Remy to Riley hospital. After arriving at Riley a large crew of Trauma Dr's, Nurses and Neurosurgeons determined what was suspected at Ft. Wayne and that Remington would need surgery to fuse the vertebrae C2 through C5.

The 6 hr surgery was successfully completed in the late evening hrs on Monday to install 2 steel rods and 8 screws. This will give the spine permanent support while it fuses the vertebrae that will support his spinal column. The surgeon said what a blessing surgery was performed right away due to the sizeable blood clot in his spinal column. Had surgery not been done when it had, the likelihood of the clot pressing on the spine and causing paralysis may have been unavoidable.

Since Monday, his progress has been nothing short of astounding. He took his first steps, of many to come, on Thursday. Several Dr.'s have expressed their amazement that Remy didn't suffer separation of the spinal cord which likely would have been fatal due to location of the injury. Remy firmly attributes this is directly due to God's protection along with the thousands of prayers and vigils that took place shortly after the incident, during the surgery and the days that have followed.

Though the situation has been difficult, Remy has taken great comfort in the fact that the situation has seemingly drawn 1000's of people to gain a stronger relationship with Christ through prayers and their witnessing a true miracle. Even first responders, who have witnessed some extemely traumatic situations, have communicated their amazement in his initial display of faith in the situation being in God's hands.

Shortly after surgery, Remy communicated that "He felt the Angels with him during surgery". He knows, without a doubt, these were the Angels of prayers from friends, individuals in our community, state, nation and around the world. He especially wants to thank Pastor Dahling, the churches, the local schools, organizations, and those in the wrestling family around the country. The outreach from his Gofundme page, personal donations and other financial support has been amazing.

His visitors that have come to Riley have been the sunshine on his cloudy days! They have eased so much of the pain! To those that have not been able make it, he knows that you have been with him also! He looks forward to seeing you at home.

The staff of Riley's has been amazing! All of the amazing stories that you hear about the hospital can't do justice for how unbelievable they are.

Remy knows the road will be long but the continued prayers will carry him down the road to recovery. He wants to let everyone know he's going to be OK! He's scared but excited at the same to get home to show everyone "He's gonna be alright". He loves all of you! Blessings to each and every one of you!

Thanks so much for your help! If anyone would like to reach out they can feel free to contact me through Facebook or by phone at 2602237352. Thanks Again, Corbin.

• 2 months later...

Dear wrestling fans family and community. I am Corbin Bultemeier the father of Remington who was injured in a freak incident December 4th. We want to thank everyone in the wrestling community as well as Indiana Mat for the overwhelming support for Remy during this traumatic time. It has simply been amazing what prayers have done for him during his recovery. In the post below I will post his most report from Dr's today. Thanks again and God Bless you all! If you would like to follow the journey feel free to search and friend me on Facebook. I will gladly give you the opportunity follow along as his life changes directions. God put a sharp turn in the road but it wasn't a dead end.

Well we were able to meet with Remington's neurosurgeon, Dr. Fulkerson today. He reminded Remy that he was a very lucky young man....many with such injuries end up in wheelchairs. He was extremely pleased with Remy's progress and his x-rays looked great!

Unbelievably, Dr. Fulkerson released Remy without restrictions! Yes, after expecting Remy to be out of all activities for 1 entire year, he released him before we could even ask him what the future restrictions would be and how long. That includes skiing and tubing at the lake this summer (without kamikaze actions), shooting a gun for Turkey season, shooting archery for bow fishing as well as leading his new hunting dog Cabela and 4H animals.

As you can see, we have tried to focus on the positive side of the other activities that Remy enjoys. He's been Blessed in so many ways!

The one tough discussion that Remy had today was Dr. Fulkerson explaining the risk of impact sports in Remington's future. He explained that as an individual of a sports family and a son of a former coach, he recognizes the importance of sports in a young athletes life. He said he knows it's "everything" in the first 18 yrs. but emphasized the ability to be productive for the following 80 yrs. He explained that he can't totally say no to football and wrestling but stongly feels they should be out. He feels that the risk is too great for the reward since Remy's neck has lost so much of its ability to absorb the shock in such sports.

At this point, we don't have to go back to Indy until December. At that time, we will discuss whether the rods will stay in permanently or whether Remy will need to have surgery to remove them. His neck will be healed enough at that point that they won't be necessary and removing them will depend on how Remy's body tolerates them as he increases his level of activity. In this case, Remy will have time to see how he is able to function with them on a daily basis.

Again, God and his earthly healing hand, known as Dr. Fulkerson have been amazing with Remy in this journey. Not only did they save his life but restored his mobility in just 3 months. We truly believe the unceasing prayers from all of you have helped guide the healing hands of Dr. Fulkerson as he put Remington' s broken body back together. We will be forever be indebted to all that have supported us in this endeavor. Thanks again and God Bless all of you!

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"It's not about what I was, It's about what I'll become."

A motto that I came up with in the event that Remy's dreams must change.

Edited by cbultemeier

Remy is going to accomplish things in his life that make wrestling & football accolades seem trivial. In fact, he's already begun. In time....he'll have a deeper understanding of that truth. Very proud of your family's acceptance of God's will, and outspoken zeal. My family and I will continue lifting all of you up in prayer. And as far as fishing goes.......I have access to some unbelievable bass waters (old stone quarries) that regularly produce 5-8lb hogs. We introduced smallmouth to the lake about 7yrs ago and they're also thriving. Not uncommon to catch 3-4lb smallies as well. Case and point, get with me in the coming weeks and we'll link up and boat some fish, allow Silas and Remy to hang out.......and I'll share with you my baseball background and see if we can't get Remy interested in potentially throwing 90 in 4yrs.

Dear wrestling fans family and community. I am Corbin Bultemeier the father of Remington who was injured in a freak incident December 4th. We want to thank everyone in the wrestling community as well as Indiana Mat for the overwhelming support for Remy during this traumatic time. It has simply been amazing what prayers have done for him during his recovery. In the post below I will post his most report from Dr's today. Thanks again and God Bless you all! If you would like to follow the journey feel free to search and friend me on Facebook. I will gladly give you the opportunity follow along as his life changes directions. God put a sharp turn in the road but it wasn't a dead end.

Well we were able to meet with Remington's neurosurgeon, Dr. Fulkerson today. He reminded Remy that he was a very lucky young man....many with such injuries end up in wheelchairs. He was extremely pleased with Remy's progress and his x-rays looked great!

Unbelievably, Dr. Fulkerson released Remy without restrictions! Yes, after expecting Remy to be out of all activities for 1 entire year, he released him before we could even ask him what the future restrictions would be and how long. That includes skiing and tubing at the lake this summer (without kamikaze actions), shooting a gun for Turkey season, shooting archery for bow fishing as well as leading his new hunting dog Cabela and 4H animals.

As you can see, we have tried to focus on the positive side of the other activities that Remy enjoys. He's been Blessed in so many ways!

The one tough discussion that Remy had today was Dr. Fulkerson explaining the risk of impact sports in Remington's future. He explained that as an individual of a sports family and a son of a former coach, he recognizes the importance of sports in a young athletes life. He said he knows it's "everything" in the first 18 yrs. but emphasized the ability to be productive for the following 80 yrs. He explained that he can't totally say no to football and wrestling but stongly feels they should be out. He feels that the risk is too great for the reward since Remy's neck has lost so much of its ability to absorb the shock in such sports.

At this point, we don't have to go back to Indy until December. At that time, we will discuss whether the rods will stay in permanently or whether Remy will need to have surgery to remove them. His neck will be healed enough at that point that they won't be necessary and removing them will depend on how Remy's body tolerates them as he increases his level of activity. In this case, Remy will have time to see how he is able to function with them on a daily basis.

Again, God and his earthly healing hand, known as Dr. Fulkerson have been amazing with Remy in this journey. Not only did they save his life but restored his mobility in just 3 months. We truly believe the unceasing prayers from all of you have helped guide the healing hands of Dr. Fulkerson as he put Remington' s broken body back together. We will be forever be indebted to all that have supported us in this endeavor. Thanks again and God Bless all of you!

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"It's not about what I was, It's about what I'll become."

A motto that I came up with in the event that Remy's dreams must change.

This is great news...I'm really happy tyne little guy is healthy and will be a force no matter what he encounters..this def made him tougher and I guarantee he takes nothing for granted especially after this scary ordeal...Cheers to the good news

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.