#3 portage vs #8 Chesterton Thursday

ontherise219

This should be a great dual lots of SS and state ranked guys. A tough early season test for both teams

possible line ups

106 Moran v Tolin

113 peele vs mahaffy

120 poynter vs Merrill

126 Moran vs mahaffy

132 prado vs Tolin

138 rumph vs biancardi

145 kasper vs Johnson

152 nugent vs mochin

160 Guerrero vs Lemley

170 cornejo vs giragenti

182 Torres vs Davison

195 ? Vs Davison

220 swopes vs pokorney

285 Murillo vs ?

I really hope the CP coach is not just holding a grudge.

Honestly I think many athletic communities are watching to see the outcome of this situation.. This could begin a ripple effect if they are deemed eligible to wrestle this year.. The Ihsaa will have to be the one that will have to be able to defend the result .. It is a tough call with consequences..

Portage is dangerous with the MORANS, but wouldn't C.P. have given them and everyone else a hell of a dual if the MORANS and several

others didn't LEAVE the CP Wrestling team? Behind closed door rumors,("if true") DOES NOT SOUND GOOD FOR CROWN POINT!!

HHMMMMMMMMMM???

]I hear that 4-5 VARSITY wrestlers from last years team decided not to wrestle for the CROWN POINT wrestling team this year? Curious to see what that line-up looks like this year.

............what is going on overther? Is it TOPSECRET????[

It's classified "Region" only! Turkey Run...definitely NOT da Region..unless you got a SQ then maybe they can redraw the lines again.

Cp Lost both the Moran's, Rehan Uribe who is wrestling at Mt. Carmel and Marek Bauner did not come back out because he is a great baseball player and is concentrating on that sport only.

Coach Lorek is working the team hard and they will be young but very competitive. Still have a very solid core

And That is all I know.....Not top secret though...LOL

You will see the line up Wens. at Laporte but likely to change a little after the first of the year due to some bumps and bruises right now 

I'm guessing the morans didn't physically move ? cause if they did not sure why they wouldn't b eligible unless cp trying to block athletic transfer just to b jerks... which not sure why they would do that when they have benefitted from move ins themselves in past... but they r still mad at portage from unrelated reasons cause they didn't show up to the jv dac meet that portage puts on ...

where is meet at and what time ? and its on Thursday ? usually dac wrestles on wed.

where is meet at and what time ? and its on Thursday ? usually dac wrestles on wed.

I will not get into the other things mentioned in the post, but this dual will be at Chesterton in the gym at 6:30 CST.  They switched the meet from Wednesday to have the ability to use the main gym for the whole DJ thing.

Now that's what I'm talking about a D.J. YES! Lets bring some excitement to the SPORT OF WRESTLING! Hopefully more schools can do what Chesterton is doing. I know that Brownsburg and Avon make their DUAL fun for the fans also.

Chesterton has a solid line-up, still don't think its enough to get them past Portage, MORANS or not.

Honestly I think many athletic communities are watching to see the outcome of this situation.. This could begin a ripple effect if they are deemed eligible to wrestle this year.. The Ihsaa will have to be the one that will have to be able to defend the result .. It is a tough call with consequences..

Many athletic communities should be watching to see the outcome of said situation.  Though I have a bias, as a close family friend, it is a classic case of the IHSAA punishing kids who's house has been on the market for well over 18 months that appeared to be trying to move before Jake was in high school. How could it begin a ripple effect if they are deemed eligible?  Indy schools have inevitably been allowed to have athletes transfer, Mishawaka area schools are cool with transfers, but if you saw someone transfer in the region (or for you all that don't believe that Porter County is the region) from the region to an already excellent team not in the region that is a problem?  Hasn't that ripple effect been ongoing for years?

I'm guessing the morans didn't physically move ? cause if they did not sure why they wouldn't b eligible unless cp trying to block athletic transfer just to b jerks... which not sure why they would do that when they have benefitted from move ins themselves in past... but they r still mad at portage from unrelated reasons cause they didn't show up to the jv dac meet that portage puts on ...

As a follower of the DAC as you seem to be, have you ever heard of CP doing something to be jerks?  Now because I was following Jake and Jon last year, I was sort of upset originally that they did not show up for the CP Super Duals.  Once I understood the reason of why they were not coming, I applaud the Portage coaches for doing what they did.  Obviously it worked out as they are ranked in the nation and ranked #1 in Indiana by IndianaMat.  I will forever disagree with the athletic director at CP for challenging the transfer of these two awesome gentlemen.  But that is neither here, nor there.  They are currently ineligible and it would be a crying shame if these two did not wrestle this year.

This should be a great dual lots of SS and state ranked guys. A tough early season test for both teams

possible line ups

106 Moran v Tolin

113 peele vs mahaffy

120 poynter vs Merrill

126 Moran vs mahaffy

132 prado vs Tolin

138 rumph vs biancardi

145 kasper vs Johnson

152 nugent vs mochin

160 Guerrero vs Lemley

170 cornejo vs giragenti

182 Torres vs Davison

195 ? Vs Davison

220 swopes vs pokorney

285 Murillo vs ?

This dual was 63-9 last year.  Portage lost Lawrence and Torres.

106- Haskins by fall

113- Peele by fall

120- Poynter by fall

126- Luna by dec

132- Tolin by dec

138- Rumph by fall

145- McIntosh by fall

152- Nugent by dec

160- Lemley by mdec

170- Cornejo by fall

182- Davison by fall

195- Davison by fall

220- Pokorney by fall

285- Murillo by FF

Portage 48 Chesterton 25

If you move your entire family to another school corporation, there should be no contest of the move by the IHSAA or school corporation that they left from.

I think moving a family to a  school districts is an exemption.  If that's the case IHSAA shouldn't contest it.   Did the family move?   

IHSAA Rule 11-b-  You are Eligible: You are transferring from a school district or territory with a bona fide move by your parents.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Definitely a crying shame if they are not eligible (shame on CP). My son wrestled on a National Team with one of the Morans not sure which one (are they twins?). These boys are National caliber wrestlers that have wrestled across the country but the State of Indiana is trying not to let them wrestle?? I know a G O O D attorney and may have to try and get in touch with the family.

If the Region is not showing the family any love, I also know a great Private school in the Indy area that will welcome them with open arms..............

Region Royalty, If the family has been trying to move to Portage for the past 18 months, why didn't they just take advantage of "open enrollment" and drive them to Portage at the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year?  I have zero personal interest in this case but when you move from one powerhouse program that just had their coach retire to another powerhouse, it's going to raise some eyebrows.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.