NECC Thread

nkraus

Prairie Heights has to be the favorite considering how last year ended, plus they always seem to re-load every year. Curious to see how many NECC wrestlers make the first set of rankings. There are several individuals at almost every NECC school who are serious competitors.

hahahahahahaha

I'll name a few notables from a school other than mine...Fairfield-Jaylin Yoder I believe?  Heights:  Rasler, Blakeley, Levitz, Hoyer, maybe a couple others...Central Noble: Kunkel, Moore, Schoeff...Angola: Burrell, Meyer...West Noble: FernandoMania...Lakeland: Evans...I'm drawing a blank......Joe...still got me laughing

2015-16 Semi State Qualifier or better who is returning in 2016-17:  (Weights could obviously change...and we know last year means little at this point)

Garrett:  106 Brayden Shearer (Ticket Round)   113 Andrew Wertman (SS 1st Round) 145 Carlos Jimenez-Aguirre (SS 1st Round) 195:  Beck Davis (STATE QUALIFIER) 285 Cordell Camp (SS 1st Round)

Central Noble:  106 Tanner Schoeff (SS 1st Round) 120 Austin Moore (Ticket Round)

Fairfield:  113 Jaylin Yoder (SS 1st Round) 132 Dillon Yoder (Ticket Round)

Angola:  120 Zach Burrell (Ticket Round) 138 John Lanam (SS 1st Round)

West Noble: 132 Fernando Luevano (STATE QUALIFIER)

Prairie Heights: 138 Riley Rasler(6TH IN STATE) 160 Jed Levitz (STATE QUALIFIER)  182 Joey Blakeley (8TH IN STATE)

Lakeland:  195 Austin Evans (Ticket Round) 220 James Vallencourt (Ticket Round)

Churubusco: 220 JT Kilgore (Ticket Round)

I'm excited for the Father/Son matchups of Fremont vs. Angola and Fairfield vs. West Noble. Thanksgiving dinner won't be the same in the Smoker and Marsh families.

Also have the family matchups between PH and West Noble... All of those Rasler boys should be good. It is too bad they are all in separate weight classes! Still could make for some interesting family gatherings though the holidays.

Keep an eye on D Rasler from WN, he had an elbow injury most of the season last year. If he is healthy, he should be in for a good season.

Also have the family matchups between PH and West Noble... All of those Rasler boys should be good. It is too bad they are all in separate weight classes! Still could make for some interesting family gatherings though the holidays.

Keep an eye on D Rasler from WN, he had an elbow injury most of the season last year. If he is healthy, he should be in for a good season.

Yes, he should...I saw a picture of him getting helped off the field on the Pigskin Prophet's page..Hope he's ok

• 5 weeks later...

Nick also keep an eye on Reece Wicker from Churubusco hes a freshman at 220 could make some noise in the conference plus having a wrestling partner like Kilgore is going to help push him and vice versa

Yes.  Forgot to mention incoming freshman.  Also--Malachi Walters and Nick Buchanan of Prairie Heights.  I can't remember the other freshman outside of that.  

Eastside has a very solid 170 pounder in Laik Minnick. And speaking of freshman, they have a solid HWT in Chase Leeper that went undefeated in the Super Dual last weekend. Defeated Vince Yoder in the process and just lost a close match to SemiState #7 Dakota Ault 6-4. Gonna surprise some upper classmen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.