Jesse Mendez to represent USA wrestling international team

Sig40

Jesse was offered the freestyle/Greco 91lb spot on USA wrestling International team competing in Medellin, Colombia based off of his Nationals performance this past year. financially my family can't afford to send him, but after talking to a several people I decided to start a gofundme account to help get him there. Jesse is really excited to have this experience to represent his country and Indiana. gofundme.com/22c7gefg

http://mk2.gofund.me/22c7gefg?rcid=4ebf2e44776111e686bbbc764e052a98

Jesse hit is goal in 8 hours. Thank you to everyone who contributed. Wrestling fans and families are truly the best. Jesse received donations from wrestling families that live all over the state of Indiana. Thank you everyone. Jesse is feeling truly blessed and loved.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the article on the team going to Columbia.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2016/October/04/Schoolboy-and-girl-Pan-Am-preview

Really neat opportunity and even more interesting is Jesse didn't get his two qualifiers in for ISWA state.

You had to say something didn't you !!!! 

I made sure his dad had a personal waiver from me to leave the country so we are all good but thanks for poking all the bears out there again......guess your buddy Big Dan (I mean Karl Hungus) can finally start posting about something again

Jesse's mom posted last night that all the kids on team USA made weight and were looking forward to a full day of wrestling starting this morning. 

She made comment that when the other teams found out that the USA was sending a full team they were able to get their teams filled up rather quickly with the anticipation of wrestling against Team USA.

She did note that there is no live stream, no wifi, no internet links and basically no way to follow......but she will post the results after the day of competition each day. 

Hopefully I or someone else can put some results on here for everyone to follow.

"She made comment that when the other teams found out that the USA was sending a full team they were able to get their teams filled up rather quickly with the anticipation of wrestling against Team USA"

I am not from #theCounty and apologize for hijacking the thread...

Wait, so full teams/events with good competition expected promote participation and increase #'s and quality? As compared to mandates? Who knew! Somebody alert ISWA by driving to Indy and telling somebody at one of the meetings!

Good luck Jesse.

Edited by UncleJimmy

Translating the bracket, I believe this is what it should look like with 8 wrestlers. Yes it looks like Ecuador has two participants.

Junior Menna- Ecuador
Eduardo Lovera- Argentina

Alex Colon- Puerto Rico
Jean Bolivar- Venezuela

Elkin Espana- Columbia
Alex Pujupata- Ecuador

Jesse Mendez- USA
Juan De rios Gonzalez- Peru

Not that he needs it...... but..... good luck Jessie.

This kid is a class act on and off the mat. I have had the honor of being on a coaching staff, with him on the team (multiple times). He is not only a hammer on the mat, he is a kid that can have a cool conversation, and is fun to be around. His parents are very supportive and great people. I truly believe that he has a great shot to be a four timer in Indiana (if he chooses to stay here). All of his success is well deserved.

Oh.... I almost forgot...... #TheCounty

Jesse is from DA REGION, not #thecounty. 

I would hate to be "Juan De rios Gonzalez- Peru"............kid doesn't know what is gonna hit him !!!!!

Vito with all due respect please use capitals when posting #TheCounty...........LOL  !!!!

Yes Jessie is from Da Region and is a Stud but like Brewer said a great kid who will likely be Indiana's next 4xer and he WILL be staying here I believe. 

Go Get 'em kid !!!

Oh and.............................#TheCounty

Edited by JMILL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.