Indiana High Rollers in VA Beach Duals

I'm getting distracted....   Swank took Jake Wentzel to 2OT and lost.  Hughes just got pinned in the first period?  Happened quickly.

182 Jones drops a decison

195 Tonte gets the fall after rolling through what looked to be a solid double leg the other way and turned it into a headlock pin.   No clue what the team score is

220 Paris facing Nationally Ranked and Flo National Champ Jared Campbell from OH

Edited by SWINfan

Paris wins by inj default after concussion protocol.  Was ahead at least 2-1.  Might have been more.

Gunnar Larson at 285 facing Tom Kiloran (PA State 2nd Place) - tough challenge

Team score is 27-27 at start of Parris. 

What happened at 145 and 152?  Any idea what happened with Drew Hughes?  I looked away and it was over.

Larson drops a decision and High Rollers win 33-30?

Vaughn lost a dec at 145, by 1 pt I believe. 152 Bam won by ff, I'm pretty sure the Nauman 152 missed wt. Also I think Brey Bailey won by fall at 132 with a hip toss

Hughes had a td, then legs in doing his thing, Bell was able to back arch into a defensive fall

I think Parris was up 6-2? I thought he had 3 td's.

Thanks for the updates on the scores.  That mat with no scoreboard and no names made it impossible to pay attention once I was joined by a sick wife and two dogs.  I know I missed a lot, but never could catch up without any info on the screen.  If only they were all like Mat 12!

5th place out of 150+ teams is pretty impressive for an all IN team!   I believe that Team Kong United won the whole thing and that was their only loss.  Congrats to IN High Rollers Black!    Awesome job to all of the other boys that went out and represented IN on the other teams also.   It is a great way to start the Summer.

Well it took a team made up of 8 different states to beat them but IN HR Black suffered their first and only loss of the tournament. They went on to win their next 2 duals, beating the team that put them out last year, in the match for 5th place. Started the tournament with 168 teams and an 8th seed and finished 5th. The team was complimented all weekend on their talent and the fact that they were an all Indiana team. Great Job Guys!

If I'm not mistaken, Team Kong is who knocked Indiana out of Championship round last year.

Nope . It was Nauman by 1 point and we avenged that loss by winning by 3 .

Paris wins by inj default after concussion protocol. Was ahead at least 2-1. Might have been more.

Paris was dominating the match and up 6-2 . letting him up twice .

The whole Indiana Black team was unreal . Mason Paris and Gunner Larson switched out 220/Heavy depending on match ups . We decided to Hold Gunner out a couple of matches at heavy due to being so under sized and it didn't make a difference in the dual outcome. Gunner would have rather wrestled though. Paul Konrath is on another level. His technique is sick. Brendan Black is for real and expect to to see him near the top or on top of the podium next year. Drew was controlling the match in his 1 loss when he pulled his guy over for near fall and the ref called a quick defensive fall. Bam is a freak! I could go on about everyone one on the team because they all battled and Represented Indiana very well. We were approached by several officials and Coaches , praising our teams abilities and attitudes. What a great weekend of wrestling and a greater privilege to have spent it hanging out and Help Coaching these young men . Also want to thank Jason Vaughn for Coaching with me this week end .

Finally home from VA but didn't want to leave out High Rollers White. They put on a strong performance and Repd IN well also. Too tired to think too much but a couple stand outs to me on High Rollers White

106- Justice Cash was competitive every match wrestling in his first big dual in the high school division 4-3

113- Kory Cavanaugh is a hammer

126- Camden Chatterton Very undersized and still wrestled tough every match

132 - Zach Melloh is a grinder . never stops

138 - Tondrew Tyler quick . really quick and fun to watch

145 - Jack Eiteljorge Killer with his Top work . had to let him start choosing position or I would have him take top every chance . He was tilting machine

152 - Noah Warren great weekend for him and looks better every time I see him wrestle . battled some tough competition every go and beat at least 1 highly ranked wrestler that I know of . pretty sure unbeaten with all pins and tech falls .

160 - Jake Ruberg relentless. got injured . refused to quit . came back out with 1 arm and not only got the win but worked to get bonus which helped the team move on. WOW!

170 - Tristan Goering He scared me every match. so much intensity every match. this guy has to be an insane freestyle/Greco wrestler. he will launch you

182- Caden Hubner wrestled tough every match as a freshman 182 will be someone to watch

195 - Drew Williamson undersized and never backed down. Out slicked a lot of wrestlers this week end

the whole team battled but came up just short of placements .

Almost forgot . Big Thanks to Tommy Cash for Coaching the White team . He did a great job and got several compliments from the Officials .

Edited by dad2cash

With Paris' wins over 2 of the 3 highest ranked underclassmen, there's a very good chance he starts the 2016-17 rankings cycle at #2 behind only Gable Steveson. There's also a good chance he'll be bumped up to #5 right now as a sophomore even with 2015-16 seniors still included. He's now 1-1 against #5 and just beat #6.

Edited by maligned

With Paris' wins over 2 of the 3 highest ranked underclassmen, there's a very good chance he starts the 2016-17 rankings cycle at #2 behind only Gable Steveson. There's also a good chance he'll be bumped up to #5 right now as a sophomore even with 2015-16 seniors still included. He's now 1-1 against #5 and just beat #6.

Well maybe no so much in Willie's FloRankings he said on a resent episode of FloRadio that he doesn't put much consideration into these results based on it being such a long three day event with intermittent times between bounds. He also pointed out the short periods As an issue. He give similar logic to any Disney Dual results as well. So for his logic their may only be a very small jump in the FloRankings from this showing.

Well maybe no so much in Willie's FloRankings he said on a resent episode of FloRadio that he doesn't put much consideration into these results based on it being such a long three day event with intermittent times between bounds. He also pointed out the short periods As an issue. He give similar logic to any Disney Dual results as well. So for his logic their may only be a very small jump in the FloRankings from this showing.

Fair enough.  It's hard to ignore a pin in one match and 3 takedowns with 2 releases in between in the other before the head injury.  A 4-3 or 2-1 match in the shortened format is something different, but we'll see what he does.

I watched every match of the High Roller Black Team at VB. They were awesome. Congratulations to Coach Cash, Coach Vaughn, Brandi and the kids. The record was 10-1, 5th place and won a medal. Beat the team that beat them last year. Only loss was to Kong who won the tournament. I did see several other IN teams wrestle. Indiana kids won many matches at VB. 3 College coaches told me how impressed they were with the IN kids, Army, Air Force and Old Dominion. I had my husband explain the 1 class to them and the No wrestle backs in our Regional - State Tournament. Where at State the kids who finish 2,3 and 5 all are 3-1 in the same grouping of 16. One of the coaches told me that if that was the State of PA, bad things would happen, :-). Just an FYI, they were all in favor of classed wrestling. I'm not sure that I am? IN can be proud of all the kids that went. The top 8 teams were elite. The others that made the top 32 were very good. We had 2 IN teams make the top 32. Lots of those kids will be wrestling at Disney in the All Star Division, Large School Division and Small School Division. Good luck to all of the kids. I will be there watching and cheering for the Indiana Teams. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.