Team Indiana and moratorium

Why would we put Team Indiana camp during the ihsaa moratorium dates?  That makes little sense to have it july 8-10 and defeats the purpose.  Yes, I know 'others' who are not high school coaches can coach the kids.  But at least give these kids the moratorium week.

I'm sure most of the kids that want to go and win a national title don't care about moratorium week.

Brilliant response. Must have taken .05 seconds to come up with such depth of insight.

Comes back to what we've been discussing the last several weeks.  There are ISWA rules, but those rules only seem to matter and apply to certain people at certain times.  For others, the rules don't apply.

There are IHSAA rules, but those rules only seem to matter and apply to certain people at certain times.

We need to start asking ourselves what we are teaching these kids.  We have zero-tolerance policies where these kids are kicked off the team for school rules infractions, but when the wrestling community goes around the rules, the end ALWAYS justifies the means.

Brilliant response. Must have taken .05 seconds to come up with such depth of insight.

Comes back to what we've been discussing the last several weeks.  There are ISWA rules, but those rules only seem to matter and apply to certain people at certain times.  For others, the rules don't apply.

There are IHSAA rules, but those rules only seem to matter and apply to certain people at certain times.

We need to start asking ourselves what we are teaching these kids.  We have zero-tolerance policies where these kids are kicked off the team for school rules infractions, but when the wrestling community goes around the rules, the end ALWAYS justifies the means.

Many in the wrestling coaching world have played fast and loose with the moratorium rules.

I guess you better do your civic duty and turn those kids in. Or maybe you should go to the training camp and boycott.

Edited by gogoplata89

I really hesitate from getting on here due to the true lack of knowledge by people and the perceptions that become realities because certain posters say it to be true. Bottom line. No rules are broken if team Indiana has it's camp over moratorium. Not even SKIRTED which has become the big word on here when people can't find a rule to be broken and they have to have some ammunition. There will be kids from Indiana playing travel baseball, going to All Star basketball camps, going to football camps and playing every sport including Lacrosse. No rules broken. The only issue would be if a high school coach actually coaches his kid at camp. So before this becomes 16 pages of blasting everyone who cheats to win, or is inconsiderate of the athletes, or skirts(I love that word) the rules, those are the facts straight from Robert this AM. Now will kids miss due to it being moratorium. Sure. If my kid decides to go he will miss it due to vacation. But I also understand that due to a strange calendar year and Fargo being moved up the camp dates are conflicting no matter how you set it up.

Edited by indyt

He's got a point. If you wanted to schedule a week where most kids would be on vacation and couldn't attend, this would sure be it. The short sightedness of having it this week basically guarantees much of the team will not attend and will not be ready. Whoever made that decision just created a lose-lose situation. It might be legal by high school rules but it's still a poor choice in order for us to perform at our best.

A few things here.

1. As I write the Iswa is attempting to find dates for the camp that will work but here are issues that have to be resolved, have been considered, and are attempted to be changed:

•Finding a venue with dates to be used.

•Finding coaches who can take off work and commitments.

•Adjusting schedules due to a calendar change this year and Fargo dates adjusted.

•Having camp at a time that is beneficial to the athlete. I mean hell we could have it today but that doesn't help a kid preparing for a tournament July 17 or July 20.

2. Maybe You can do some stats on how many kids will be involved in playing their sport over moratorium. Just Indiana kids. I can tell you there will be many. There are numerous travel teams, camps and events those days. Regardless that's not the issue although it could be if things are not worked out.

3. Again I agree, not the best time but July 4th weekend is the weekend prior. This is the following weekend so not the worst time either.

Not poor planning poor timing in a stressed calendar.

Edited by indyt

2. Maybe You can do some stats on how many kids will be involved in playing their sport over moratorium. Just Indiana kids. I can tell you there will be many. There are numerous travel teams, camps and events those days. Regardless that's not the issue although it could be if things are not worked out.

As long as there is no contact between the high school coach and their athlete the is no problem.  Just being on a travel team, camp or at an event is not the issue.  Contact is the issue.

Big Dan. That's not the issue. That issue has been discussed and gone. Nobody seems unclear about the moratorium/ coaching rules.

The issue seems to be timing and kids being able to make it there. And I think what's more important is hearing from those families not people who don't have a dog in the fight. As I am told nobody complained when they got their paper work. The issues are these particular people.

Big Dan. That's not the issue. That issue has been discussed and gone.

indyt....................big dork (I mean Big Dan) doesn't care about what the issue is........BigDan hides behind a fake screen name and cares about controversy, disruption and argument.....in case it has not been noticed he is on all sides of all arguments no mater what the subject matter is......I say Booooooo this man if he is even that (who knows because he changes his location and possibly his orientation also)......reveal yourself and stop causing disruption or Trump2016 will get rid of you next !!!!

Big Dan. That's not the issue. That issue has been discussed and gone. Nobody seems unclear about the moratorium/ coaching rules.

The issue seems to be timing and kids being able to make it there. And I think what's more important is hearing from those families not people who don't have a dog in the fight. As I am told nobody complained when they got their paper work. The issues are these particular people.

I would hate to see anyone get dinged for inappropriate contact.  Going to Ken Chertow's world class olympic champ camp is different than Fargo camp.  Unless of course there are no high school coaches that attend the fargo camp.  I think there are always high school coaches that goto fargo, not sure about the camp.

indyt....................big dork (I mean Big Dan) doesn't care about what the issue is........BigDan hides behind a fake screen name and cares about controversy, disruption and argument.....in case it has not been noticed he is on all sides of all arguments no mater what the subject matter is......I say Booooooo this man if he is even that (who knows because he changes his location and possibly his orientation also)......reveal yourself and stop causing disruption or Trump2016 will get rid of you next !!!!

How is waivergate coming along. Over a week now.  Got anything to report to your stakeholders or are you too busy racking your brain looking up clever names to call me.

Your attempt at a personal jab deflects from the issue of non-contact,  Which, according to indyt, is a non-issue.  I am happy to hear there will be no contact between high school coaches and the athletes during moratorium.  

I would hate to see anyone get dinged for inappropriate contact.  Going to Ken Chertow's world class olympic champ camp is different than Fargo camp.  Unless of course there are no high school coaches that attend the fargo camp.  I think there are always high school coaches that goto fargo, not sure about the camp.

How is waivergate coming along. Over a week now.  Got anything to report to your stakeholders or are you too busy racking your brain looking up clever names to call me.

Your passive agressive deflection is so predictable.

Nope wish I did, but this trying to figure out who you are has completely side tracked my investigation so I guess all the people out there waiting on pins and needles have you to thank for the delay in getting their answer..................which seems to be a common theme with you (generally just a "BIG" delay for most things). 

feel free to sign you next stupid rant or deflective post and put your phone number at the bottom so people can contact you directly if they feel the need.

Your passive agressive deflection is so predictable.

Nothing passive about it.  I aggressively have asked about the findings from the waiver gate investigation.

Nope wish I did, but this trying to figure out who you are has completely side tracked my investigation so I guess all the people out there waiting on pins and needles have you to thank for the delay in getting their answer..................which seems to be a common theme with you (generally just a "BIG" delay for most things). 

feel free to sign you next stupid rant or deflective post and put your phone number at the bottom so people can contact you directly if they feel the need.

Weak sauce.  Your stakeholders deserve answers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.