Tom Clark

As I was watching the Olympic Trials this weekend it was noted that Mr. Clark had to leave his match between periods because he was "ill".  I was just curious if everything was ok and if he was able to continue officiating the rest of the Trials?

Thanks for any update.

Yeah, grecoref, I heard maybe it was back spasms (that beautiful 5-pointer from Smith threw out yours AND Coon's back, perhaps?), and we saw you on this board earlier; but it would be great to have it from the horse's mouth that you're doing well.

Edited by maligned

I had some severe back spasms going from my lower back all the way up to my neck. The spasms caused very intense pain and my back and neck "locked up". I owed it to the both Robbie Smith and Adam Coon to take myself out of the match. They have worked most of their lives to make the Olympic Team and I was not any where near being able to be my best.

The medical staff checked me for cardiac and stroke issues and they were right on top of it. When they were sure it wasn't something life threatening they took me to the training room. When the Iowa Wrestling Trainer examines you and says "Oh, you have a big problem here" you know something is wrong. 

Once it was determined that I was going to live, my fellow referees made remarks such as "He couldn't have a heart attack, that is anatomically impossible. He doesn't have a heart." "We took a poll to see who was going to give you CPR and we stopped when were 0 for 7."  Which is exactly the kind of thing I would have said.

I'm ok now but will make an appointment with my Doctor very soon.

Thanks for the concern.

Tom Clark

Glad to hear that it wasn't anything life threatening.  Never good to hear of a person stepping out of a position they have devoted their life too.  Sorry that you lost that opportunity to officiate that match but hopefully you get that problem figured out so you don't have those problems in the future.   

Word on the street is you might make a guest appearance at dub c this weekend. Tom, I'm not giving you mouth to mouth if you fall out but Morgan has you so you will be fine.

Seriously. Glad to hear you are ok.

Word on the street is you might make a guest appearance at dub c this weekend. Tom, I'm not giving you mouth to mouth if you fall out but Morgan has you so you will be fine.

Seriously. Glad to hear you are ok.

It's in my living will that I have a DNR if Morgan is the only resource for CPR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.